Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 75 of 75

Thread: The January Window - what will it cost us?

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    When we were in excellent form, my belief was that we would/could continue that form. Your belief was that said form wouldn't continue without injection of new players. Fair enough, you got it right, I seemingly didn't. It's only football, life goes on.
    I thought we would do better in these three games than this. I also thought that the transfer window was a clusterf uck. Pretty easy to think both things.

    Danny Ings currently injured. Obviously we could only know that would happen this season with the benefit of hindsight

  2. #52

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    26,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    A few weeks ago we were 6 points off the top half of the table and 5th in the form table with games versus Crystal Palace, Burnley and Cardiff to come. Are you suggesting it was unreasonable to believe, given our form at the time, that we wouldn't get more out of those games than we did, regardless of what happened in the transfer window? Without the benefit of hindsight, I would venture there was every reason to believe we'd get a run of decent results in those games.
    yes, plenty tried saying we were/are deep in the shyt...got called skates, got infracted and dismissed...
    I was called a weirdo etc for predicting (now seemingly overly optimistic) 7 points from those 5 games.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    I thought we would do better in these three games than this. I also thought that the transfer window was a clusterf uck. Pretty easy to think both things.

    Danny Ings currently injured. Obviously we could only know that would happen this season with the benefit of hindsight
    You got me there

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    yes, plenty tried saying we were/are deep in the shyt...got called skates, got infracted and dismissed...
    I was called a weirdo etc for predicting (now seemingly overly optimistic) 7 points from those 5 games.
    Ok, fair enough. Some of us felt optimist, some of us didn't. C'est la vie

  5. #55

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    26,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Ok, fair enough. Some of us felt optimist, some of us didn't. C'est la vie
    maybe open your ears/mind
    sadly, people like me have been right far more than wrong in recent years.

    yes, I was a weirdo for predicting 7 points, more like 3-5 (imagine if I suggested that on the 5 games thread)

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Ok, fair enough. Some of us felt optimist, some of us didn't. These things happen.
    I felt we'd turned a corner but we were still light on quality and a few injuries from bad times, I naively thought we'd use that optimism we’d built to improve/build on the squad in January, as I did feel we'd have a little dip and we'd need some new faces to freshen it up. That didn't happen and now we're staring into the abyss.

    At least Gao didn’t have to spend any money though. Bonus.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    sadly, people like me have been right far more than wrong in recent years.
    Congratulations. One of these days I'll know what it feels like to be triumphant on an internet football forum

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    yes, plenty tried saying we were/are deep in the shyt...got called skates, got infracted and dismissed...
    I was called a weirdo etc for predicting (now seemingly overly optimistic) 7 points from those 5 games.
    Mods have supported the "positive" view for ages.

    You can have knowledge and an opinion on here..... Just make sure it's a positive one.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    C'est la vie
    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    It's only football, life goes on.
    ^ this is your bulk standard saints fan these days unfortunately. No passion, no ambition, no clue, no care.

    The reason why Les Reed was allowed to take us from 6-17 and why Kat and Gao still remain unchallenged.

    Your 'general' Saints fan is pretty weak and pathetic. Can't think of many clubs where so much **** would get applauded. Our weak fanbase is pretty unique and submissive.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 10-02-2019 at 10:33 AM.

  10. Default

    Tick

  11. #61

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    301
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin4rizeal View Post
    stupid decisions to ship out gabbiadini and cedric, gabbi especially seems he was happy to stay also https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/gab...snt-hasenhuttl
    Not a stupid desicion at all. Neither were in the team and when they were they and we were still ****.

  12. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrice29 View Post
    Not a stupid desicion at all. Neither were in the team and when they were they and we were still ****.
    I don't think the issue is with us shipping them out, as I agree they were pretty crap and not suited to this league. They weren’t going to do anything for us, so didn’t want them stinking the place out. The problem was that we didn't replace them with better/more suited players. Absolutely shocking really.

  13. #63

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Double Deuce
    Posts
    6,978

    Default

    Anyone on here got Jim Ratcliffe’s phone number?

  14. #64

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    I don't think the issue is with us shipping them out, as I agree they were pretty crap and not suited to this league. They weren’t going to do anything for us, so didn’t want them stinking the place out. The problem was that we didn't replace them with better/more suited players. Absolutely shocking really.
    As we all know the January transfer window is becoming increasingly difficult to get the right players. Ralph wanted long term solutions as opposed to short term. Yes Che Adams would have been good but the club obviously felt the prices being talked were unrealistic. With regards to RB, Valery is doing ok and bringing the Olympiakos guy in may not have solved the problem. We clearly have an interest in Maehle but he was unavailable.

    Simply put if Hasenhuttl with the current group of players cant get more points than Warnock and Cardiff between now and the season end then we deserve to go down. I dont think we will

  15. #65

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    7,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    ^ this is your bulk standard saints fan these days unfortunately. No passion, no ambition, no clue, no care.

    The reason why Les Reed was allowed to take us from 6-17 and why Kat and Gao still remain unchallenged.

    Your 'general' Saints fan is pretty weak and pathetic. Can't think of many clubs where so much **** would get applauded. Our weak fanbase is pretty unique and submissive.
    Aaah the old 'slag the fans again'. They've all got 'no ambition, no clue and no care'.

    But you being an uber keyboard warrior, you care more than every other fan.

    You not being so 'pathetic and weak' perhaps you'd like to rock up at some of the games, show them what a 'real saints fan' looks like.

    Or perhaps you'd just like to sit behind your keyboard spouting crap as usual.

    You are a top, top troll, I'll give you that. After that you yourself are just pathetic.


    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

  16. #66

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    10,049
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Mods have supported the "positive" view for ages.

    You can have knowledge and an opinion on here..... Just make sure it's a positive one.
    'Double plus Good'

  17. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    When we were in excellent form, my belief was that we would/could continue that form. Your belief was that said form wouldn't continue without injection of new players. Fair enough, you got it right, I seemingly didn't. It's only football, life goes on.
    It's not the lack of new players Lord T (we keep hearing this in defense of the club), it's the shipping out of decent players without replacements (Gabbi and Cedric in particular. Hoedt fair enough, good riddance). With Danny Ingured out (again) our forward options are a joke, and the same will be true at RB if Valery gets injured/suspended.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Pete View Post
    The club have clearly put all their eggs in the Ralph basket and said "he's so good with young players we don't need to strengthen our substandard squad right now in order to stay up". Massively complacent but it's what we have come to expect from those in charge.

    A couple of wins in January shouldn't have got everyone fooled that we would soar away from trouble from that point on with no improvements to squad to help the manager.

    Still think we can stay up, but the lack of assistance to the manager has meant that it's going to be very very close again and could go either way.

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Yes indeed, except it's "he's so good with young players we can weaken our substandard squad right now and still stay up".

    It's a stupid gamble. If we do stay up we'll probably hear "we told you so" from those who thought it is a good window. Just like someone playing Russian roulette, the chamber clicks empty as they point it to their skull, and they say "See, I told you it was a safe game."

  18. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    ^ this is your bulk standard saints fan these days unfortunately. No passion, no ambition, no clue, no care.

    The reason why Les Reed was allowed to take us from 6-17 and why Kat and Gao still remain unchallenged.

    Your 'general' Saints fan is pretty weak and pathetic. Can't think of many clubs where so much **** would get applauded. Our weak fanbase is pretty unique and submissive.
    Please tell how we fans could have got rid of Les? Did you fight your way to the directors box to challenge him, did you wait in the car park to meet him to give him your views? Nope you sat behind the computer telling others what they should do. I have total distaste for Les reed and feel sickened he has now a good job at the FA but know Im powerless to affect the goings on at a multi million pound business. Iam one of the foolish victims who stupidly follow a business that cynically uses the city of my birth as its name to play at my loyalties.

  19. Default

    Gao fell in love with the fans "passion"

  20. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    ^ this is your bulk standard saints fan these days unfortunately. No passion, no ambition, no clue, no care.

    The reason why Les Reed was allowed to take us from 6-17 and why Kat and Gao still remain unchallenged.

    Your 'general' Saints fan is pretty weak and pathetic. Can't think of many clubs where so much **** would get applauded. Our weak fanbase is pretty unique and submissive.
    Completely agree

  21. #71

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    28,745
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    What's a bulk standard?

  22. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    95% of us saw it..... Some supported it

    club fuccked up imho

    will it now cost us our place in the epl?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    I still stand by it being a good window. Considering the goal is relegation.
    I am still intreged why you are talking to yourself.

  23. #73

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,059
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    What's a bulk standard?
    i think he meant what most of us say and that's 'bog standard'?

  24. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Site Agent View Post
    I am still intreged why you are talking to yourself.
    Have you seen Mr Robot?

    Happy for Mods to lock my Cabbage account.

    Last edited by Heisenberg; 12-02-2019 at 10:59 AM.

  25. #75

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    26,976

    Default

    We tried to sign Phil Foden on loan last month, apparently.
    According to Man City


    but obviously, made up lies because if Ralph wanted to sign players, we would have and they would be for the long term

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •