The January Window - what will it cost us?

Heisenberg

In fairness when you look at our squad today.... You realise quite how impossible it woulda been to improve us

We are now in a very unique position.

In normal circumstances in the past, if we sold players we’d inevitably have a weaker squad.

These days, by moving on this dross we’d actually get stronger.

One thing that was a first in the Jan window.

The club didn’t even need to feed negative snippets to the media in order to get the fans inside with the sales

We just clapped them whilst they did it.

Probably give Gao a round of applause when we go down as we will field loads of academy players.

COYRs

The club didn’t even need to feed negative snippets to the media in order to get the fans inside with the sales

Probably give Gao a round of applause when we go down as we will field loads of academy players.

COYRs

I am sure that is the plan.

It will be exciting to see how much money we can make in the sales next summer.

COYRs

I wouldn't confuse a noisey 8-10 posters on here as "Saints fans"

In fairness the Saints Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and even YouTube accounts were being hammered by genuine fans. It was blatantly obvious the window was an utter fail. Just a few WUMs defended it for attention

Cabbage, OttawaSaint, Lord Duckhunter, Trousers and Always_sfc should not be confused with a genuine and knowledgeable Saints fan.

Club fucced up and 95% of us called it

Still can’t believe some of the posters defending the January window. It was a complete and utter cluster **** from start to finish.

Could well cost us our PL status, and hopefully, Gao a lot of money.

In fairness the Saints Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and even YouTube accounts were being hammered by genuine fans. It was blatantly obvious the window was an utter fail. Just a few WUMs defended it for attention

Cabbage, OttawaSaint, Lord Duckhunter, Trousers and Always_sfc should not be confused with a genuine and knowledgeable Saints fan.

Textbook. That's so good I reckon it'll even go over the heads of the mods on here ;)

Anyway, enough bites from me for one evening. Don't want to get you too aroused

Edited by trousers

There are dribblers out there clapping them and lapping up the social media cr4p about all our new youth team debutants. And the fanfare about being 'unbeaten in 2019' and all the other sh1te.

And to think.... we were told Fonte's legs were gone. What I'd give to have a Fonte now.

It would've been a disappointing window if we had kept Gabbi and Cedric and failed to add a goal-scoring frontman. But selling Gabbi (for the price of half a donkey) and loaning out Cedric (who'll probably be back in June), without bringing in anyone to replace them, was utter madness. Suicidal.

Textbook. That's so good I reckon it'll even go over the heads of the mods on here ;)

Anyway, enough bites from me for one evening. Don't want to get you too aroused

It's a fair point to suggest that the January window was yet another complacent **** up by the club though isn't it? Still confident it's fine to let senior players leave with no replacements and wait til the summer?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

:lol:

In short, our Premiership status.

if it does, we will do well to not go down again

I know people think they are amazing players, but a team mainly made up of Gunn, Valery, Stephens, Ramsay, Reed, Slattery, Sims, Gallagher, Obefemi, Barnes will get trounced in the championship

Those calling for a squad of experienced top flight pro’s were clearly head down, arse up back in 2005 when an extremely experienced squad and manager embarrassed themselves thoroughly in finishing bottom. Let’s not call this season and lasts Saints finest hour, however, let’s remember the highs and lows of the past 14 years or so and not all start wetting ourselves.

Great to see Saints fans turning on the club for chucking a few kids in and all, great job and please don’t feel the need to renew if we end up in the Championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those calling for a squad of experienced top flight pro’s were clearly head down, arse up back in 2005 when an extremely experienced squad and manager embarrassed themselves thoroughly in finishing bottom. Let’s not call this season and lasts Saints finest hour, however, let’s remember the highs and lows of the past 14 years or so and not all start wetting ourselves.

Great to see Saints fans turning on the club for chucking a few kids in and all, great job and please don’t feel the need to renew if we end up in the Championship.

why are you using 2005 as an example. why not 2018?

Still can’t believe some of the posters defending the January window. It was a complete and utter cluster **** from start to finish.

Could well cost us our PL status, and hopefully, Gao a lot of money.

Agree, it wasn't a transfer window, it was a cost cutting exercise in reducing the wage bill, don't think we had any real intention of bringing in a player.

Gao is a f%cking waste of space , he's brought nothing to this football club.

On the basis we'll lose to Arsenal , Man Utd and Spurs in 3 of our next 4 games it looks like we'll be stuck in the relegation zone with no spirit or fight in the squad.

It was the previous transfer windows that did for us, this one was a consequence of the previous ones.

The summer is the big one. The aim is to simply survive, and I have no doubt that we'll be fine come the end of the season.

We have been very complacent, dithering and indecisive for the last 5 summers. Yes I agree with you, but surely it is the last 4 or even 5 summers that have been a problem.

Squads of "experienced, top flight pros" get relegated every single season. What's your point?

It's a fair point to suggest that the January window was yet another complacent **** up by the club though isn't it? Still confident it's fine to let senior players leave with no replacements and wait til the summer?

We were in top 6 form during the January window. RH was nomiated for Manager of the Month. Ergo, there was every reason to believe at that time that Hassenhuttl was capable of getting a decent outcome from utilising the players he was choosing to play.

Yes, getting 1 or 2 players in during the window would have been a welcome bonus, but our form suggested that it wasn't essential.

I admit that I'm not blessed with the powers of hindsight that some of the self appointed SWF intelligentsia have, but our current dip down to 10th in the form table (results since RH arrived) could just be a blip or it could be a sign that the results RH was getting in December/January was a false dawn.

We won't know if the January window was a 'disaster' until the end of the season. Even then we won't know whether new players would have changed things, although I'm sure the Mystic Megs will tell me otherwise :)

Edited by trousers

We were in top 6 form during the January window. RH was nomiated for Manager of the Month. Ergo, there was every reason to believe at that time that Hassenhuttl was capable of getting a decent outcome from utilising the players he was choosing to play.

Yes, getting 1 or 2 players in during the window would have been a welcome bonus, but our form suggested that it wasn't essential.

I admit that I'm not blessed with the powers of hindsight that some of the self appointed SWF intelligentsia have, but our dip down to 10th in the form table (results since RH arrived) could just be a blip or it could be a sign that the results RH was getting in December/January was a false dawn.

We won't know if the January window was a 'disaster' until the end of the season. Even then we won't know whether new players would have changed things, although I'm sure the Mystic Megs will tell me otherwise :)

we are 3rd from bottom. Bottom 3, relegation zone, this is after being in our best form for a couple of years, top 6 and all that

I admit that I'm not blessed with the powers of hindsight that some of the self appointed SWF intelligentsia have, but our current dip down to 10th in the form table (results since RH arrived) could just be a blip or it could be a sign that the results RH was getting in December/January was a false dawn.

It's not hindsight to say that window was a disaster. It clearly was and here we are bottom 3 having completely blown a lovely run of three very winnable matches winning zero.

Total fu ck up has consequences. Pretty much the opposite of hindsight.

we are 3rd from bottom. Bottom 3, relegation zone, this is after being in our best form for a couple of years, top 6 and all that
A few weeks ago we were 6 points off the top half of the table and 5th in the form table with games versus Crystal Palace, Burnley and Cardiff to come. Are you suggesting it was unreasonable to believe, given our form at the time, that we wouldn't get more out of those games than we did, regardless of what happened in the transfer window? Without the benefit of hindsight, I would venture there was every reason to believe we'd get a run of decent results in those games.

I admit that I'm not blessed with the powers of hindsight that some of the self appointed SWF intelligentsia have, but our dip down to 10th in the form table (results since RH arrived) could just be a blip or it could be a sign that the results RH was getting in December/January was a false dawn.

The club have clearly put all their eggs in the Ralph basket and said "he's so good with young players we don't need to strengthen our substandard squad right now in order to stay up". Massively complacent but it's what we have come to expect from those in charge.

A couple of wins in January shouldn't have got everyone fooled that we would soar away from trouble from that point on with no improvements to squad to help the manager.

Still think we can stay up, but the lack of assistance to the manager has meant that it's going to be very very close again and could go either way.

It's not hindsight to say that window was a disaster. It clearly was and here we are bottom 3 having completely blown a lovely run of three very winnable matches winning zero.

Total fu ck up has consequences. Pretty much the opposite of hindsight.

When we were in excellent form, my belief was that we would/could continue that form. Your belief was that said form wouldn't continue without injection of new players. Fair enough, you got it right, I seemingly didn't. It's only football, life goes on. Edited by trousers