Our home matches against teams in the bottom half this season:

Burnley 0-0

Leicester 1-2 (after being 1-0 up)

Brighton 2-2 (after being 2-0 up)

Newcastle 0-0

West Ham 1-2 (after being 1-0 up)

Palace 1-1

Cardiff 1-2

Bournemouth, Fulham and Huddersfield still left to play.

Four points, no wins.

To Compare against the same sides:

Huddersfield - 5 points (1 win)

Fulham - 13 points (4 wins)

Cardiff - 14 points (4 wins)

Burnley - 14 points (3 wins)

Newcastle - 7 points (2 wins)

Palace - 12 points (3 wins)

Brighton - 8 points (2 wins)

West Ham - 10 points (3 wins)

Leicester - 5 points (1 win).

We're going to have to do it all on the road.

If you can't win your home matches, you don't deserve to stay up, which we won't.

If you can't win your home matches, you don't deserve to stay up, which we won't.

£50 bet to charity of your choice if we go down.

We won't go down. The same defence won't play again, Hojberg won't play that badly again. The Majority of the muck will be exposed and excised on the Tenerife trip.

Everybody needs to take a deep breath and regroup. Fans, players, manager.

We won't go down. The same defence won't play again, Hojberg won't play that badly again. The Majority of the muck will be exposed and excised on the Tenerife trip.

I've got a tenner on us at 9/1. Will happily donate some of it to charity if we go down.

There are 3 worse teams than us in the league, but there aren't 3 worse performing teams than ourselves and all the signs are there.

First loss of 2019 and we’re suddenly doomed.
Two draws in a row against Palace and Burnley is hardly some stellar run we've been on. The Leicester result was a great backs against the wall job but since then it's relegation form again.

Two draws in a row against Palace and Burnley is hardly some stellar run we've been on. The Leicester result was a great backs against the wall job but since then it's relegation form again.
Accumilation of points over a period of time will get the job done. 3pts against Cardiff are the same as 3pts against Arsenal. Yes it is a terrible result but as I feel confident that over 12 games I fully expect to get more points than Cardiff in that period. If we don't then we deserve to go down.

I must say, it's this pompous arrogance that the club seem to have which is exactly why we are where we are.

We keep gifting points to those around us, can't win for **** at home, Shane Long is our striker and we've kept one clean sheet in our last 15 games yet you're almost certain we're staying up.

Deluded if you ask me.

Indeed, too much kneejerk stuff on this forum. We'll be fine. Annoying that we can beat both Leicester and Everton but not beat Burnley and Cardiff, but we'll pick up enough points to be well clear of the drop zone.

Me thinks you’re being fed the same pony as you were during the transfer window.

Three of our next four games are Arsenal and Man U away, Tottenham at home. The Fulham game at the end of the month is really a must win and hope we scrape a point from one of the other games. The table could look pretty bad come mid March. But the run in is not too bad, and the last game is home to Huddersfield. Fulham and Huddersfield look gone, and it is one from six. Think that we will survive, but only just.

Accumilation of points over a period of time will get the job done. 3pts against Cardiff are the same as 3pts against Arsenal. Yes it is a terrible result but as I feel confident that over 12 games I fully expect to get more points than Cardiff in that period. If we don't then we deserve to go down.

The common term "6 pointer" is used for good reason.

Fact of the matter is, in spite of being in exactly the same league position we were in before Hasenhuttl, we've closed the points gap on many of the teams outside of the top 6. In fact, only Wolves (+4), Burnley (+3), and Watford (+2) have gained points on us. Crystal Palace (0) and West Ham (0) maintained the same points difference. And we gained on Cardiff (-1), Newcastle (-4), Bournemouth (-5), Everton (-5), Leicester (-5), Fulham (-7), Brighton (-9), Huddersfield (-14).

Arguably, because of this, Newcastle (if they weren't already) and Brighton have been dragged into the battle for 18th, along with us, Palace, Cardiff, and Burnley - with Brighton seemingly in freefall (1 win in last 11). So, in spite of yesterday being gut-wrenching, I'm not convinced that we are the team most likely to be relegated - I guess it's heavily reliant on remaining fixture list of each respective team though (well, duh).

Not true. 3 points against a rival, especially one below you is worth more because you take away from them, especially at this end of the season. There's a reason why these games are referred to as 6 pointers and why yesterday's result was really a disaster.

We're 10th in the form table (since Hassenhuttl took over).

Here’s the form table from Kelvins Spurs game till now. If teams keep roughly the same form we’ll go into the last day level with Cardiff but 6 above Brighton. If Newcastle lose away at Wolves tomorrow, we’ll be 4 above them last day.

Obviously, you can take groups of games to prove anything. But with Ralph basically half way through his season, it’s not a bad barometer of form.

Brighton are the ones for me, they’ve still got to go to Chelsea Arsenal & Spurs and last day they have City. Their last 2 are Arsenal then City. Provided they don’t beat us, I’m pretty confident we’ll chase them down.

317b358993b0233b5d58bc4782ea8b62.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We will fall 2 leagues. Saints have been so asset stripped that we will do a Sunderland.

Rubbish. We have lost one game this calendar year and have a manager who is more than capable of leading us to a mid table finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet we are in the relegation zone.

If we continue at the rate of points per game Hasenhuttl has (1.3) then we won't be in the relegation zone at the end of the season. Yesterday was bad... but look at the bigger sample of his 11 games in charge and we have improved a lot and are averaging enough under him to stay up.

If we continue at the rate of points per game Hasenhuttl has (1.3) then we won't be in the relegation zone at the end of the season. Yesterday was bad... but look at the bigger sample of his 11 games in charge and we have improved a lot and are averaging enough under him to stay up.

We keep giving away points to our rivals, keep conceding goals and look devoid of any confidence.

There's far more to football than stats, this isn't Moneyball...

Our home matches against teams in the bottom half this season:

Burnley 0-0

Leicester 1-2 (after being 1-0 up)

Brighton 2-2 (after being 2-0 up)

Newcastle 0-0

West Ham 1-2 (after being 1-0 up)

Palace 1-1

Cardiff 1-2

Bournemouth, Fulham and Huddersfield still left to play.

Four points, no wins.

To Compare against the same sides:

Huddersfield - 5 points (1 win)

Fulham - 13 points (4 wins)

Cardiff - 14 points (4 wins)

Burnley - 14 points (3 wins)

Newcastle - 7 points (2 wins)

Palace - 12 points (3 wins)

Brighton - 8 points (2 wins)

West Ham - 10 points (3 wins)

Leicester - 5 points (1 win).

We're going to have to do it all on the road.

Our formation is better suited for playing away. If you look at our form since Ralph took over, we aren't on relegation form, so go figure.

But how much of that is just the new manager bounce?

I completely agree that RH has come in and improved the team. He's done a decent job so far. And our situation is still looking more comfortable than last season, due to the fact we are much more in touch with the teams ahead of us.

But the next four games are absolutely critical. Arsenal and United away, Fulham and Spurs at home; we will do very well to pick up 4 points from those four games IMO.

And that would put us on 28 points after 30 games. So it is going to be very tight this season.