Thread: Goalkeeper distribution

Default Goalkeeper distribution

In an age were keepers are meant to be good with their feet why is it all our keepers seem to be useless at distribution. Forster, McCarthey, Boruc, Davis, Gaza. All absolutely cack at kicking.

What's weirder is that we've got the National goalkeeping coach!

We HAD the nati goalie coach.. he no longer is.

Quote Originally Posted by zurichboy View Post
    We HAD the nati goalie coach.. he no longer is.
    Nice hair though, I’m sure we’d all agree. Especially him.

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Classic View Post
    In an age were keepers are meant to be good with their feet why is it all our keepers seem to be useless at distribution. Forster, McCarthey, Boruc, Davis, Gaza. All absolutely cack at kicking.

What's weirder is that we've got the National goalkeeping coach!
    Gazza has excellent distribution.

I'm more worried about our goalkeeper's inability to keep the ball out of the net...

I do not understand why Gunn is not ahead of McCarthy, why bother giving him those 2 games if you're going to pick McCarthy regardless of form?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    I do not understand why Gunn is not ahead of McCarthy, why bother giving him those 2 games if you're going to pick McCarthy regardless of form?
    Seems to me they were looking to move McCarthy on in Jan but when it was clear no one was coming in for him he was put back in the team.

Both goalkeepers today had awful distribution. The requirements of that position have moved on to the point that there's no place in the Premier League these days for keepers who can't kick.

9. Default

Harsh in Gazzaniga. His kicking’s alright.

IMO there has long been a big problem with the goalkeeping coaching at the club. Weaknesses seem to remain unaddressed. Forster's were glaring, Gaza had a decent skill set but needed guidance he clearly wasn't getting, and McCarthy's game is now on a downward trajectory), so god knows what they work on. For me it's time to pick Gunn and stick with him, but weak coaching will end up producing the same result with him.

For those who sit close enough to hear, what's the communication at the back like? I seldom see McCarthy doing much shouting, and a lot of our errors seem to come from lacking awareness.

McCarthy is just a bit crap isn’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by Appy View Post
    McCarthy is just a bit crap isnít he?
    In my humble opinion, no. But never miss an opportunity to criticise a player.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk