Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 225

Thread: Mr Gao....

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,364

    Default Mr Gao....

    ....any chance you could f*** off? And you too Kat, your oily hands have been all over this mess for too long.

    Ta.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    7,748

    Default

    In.

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    4 miles north of the dewsbury rd
    Posts
    37

    Default

    He’s going to ruin this club..... I have a bad feeling about him. Blackburn and the venkis comes to mind.
    Does anyone on this forum actually have any confidence with him at the helm.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,516

    Default

    Strange you should mention this....Nelly Gao might just be willing to talk.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Default

    Clearly potless and Kat couldn't wait to get shot to the first bidder, due diligence my arse - he is taking us to a new level that is for sure.

  6. Default

    Just don't call Kat - fat.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    26,989

    Default

    He (and Kat) appears to get a complete free pass at games

    Imagine if he was in charge at West Ham

    Mike Ashley is an Infinitely better owner and look at the grief he gets

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    16,605

    Default

    Gao is a *****.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint lard View Post
    Strange you should mention this....Nelly Gao might just be willing to talk.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Walk would be better.

  10. #10

    Default

    We have the worst owners in the league, why invest in something that you are not willing to improve. Looks to me that they want a quick buck by doing sweet FA. Sold saying they would take us to the next level! What a load of crap that was!!! Just p!ss off and give us owners who walk the talk.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,364

    Default

    Out of interest, is there anyone who actually wants him here? Is there any counter argument?

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    3,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crab Lungs View Post
    Out of interest, is there anyone who actually wants him here? Is there any counter argument?
    The Gao takeover looked worryingly bad at the time and is looking worse as time progresses. Next level my arse.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Gao is a useless cu nt but kat is worse. Sold us down the river and has been asset stripping for years. Enough is enough. We should be giving them sh it when they turn up to games.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    17,759
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Time for Goa to step up.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    10,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Time for Goa to step up.
    ...was 3 weeks ago.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    10,294

    Default

    I think if Gao took over a successful tanning salon, he'd immediately sell all the sun beds and sit there with his feet up thinking of all the money he has just made and how much he's going to save on electricity.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bartonia 2, 000, 000 years ago
    Posts
    6,857

    Default

    I said it before but there's a reason the premier league changed their fit and proper rules after Gao came , Kat has well and truly sold us down the river !

  18. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefScummer View Post
    Gao is a useless cu nt but kat is worse. Sold us down the river and has been asset stripping for years. Enough is enough. We should be giving them sh it when they turn up to games.
    Not sure asset stripping is correct. Certainly we were overly self sufficient. We sold good players (mostly) at good prices. That money was the only money that went in to the team. That is apart from that going for training ground improvements + interest. TBH I have no problem with the club being run as a business. People were mad talking about Marcus' legacy - his legacy was to his daughter, and it netted her a £200m profit (while retaining 20% of the club). The insincere BS from her about doing the best for the club was something she really shouldn't have wasted her time doing, but hey, £200m is £200m. A good investment.

    The new fella, I have no idea about. Before people say that there is no reason to have my hand held by him, I do think he could come out and tell us what the plans are, what the situation is. He didn't even say well done to the team for pulling it around at the back end of last season and surviving. Nothing about the new season. Nothing about the new manager. Nothing.

    If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. It does look like we are a bit ducked.

  19. #19

    Default

    Amazes me that him and Kat have received no stick inside the stadium for them to hear.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West of Fareham
    Posts
    12,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefScummer View Post
    Gao is a useless cu nt but kat is worse. Sold us down the river and has been asset stripping for years. Enough is enough. We should be giving them sh it when they turn up to games.
    This.

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint lard View Post
    Strange you should mention this....Nelly Gao might just be willing to talk.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Talk to who, and about what ?

    Talk to supporters about the club's position and prospects under her father's ownership, or to prospective buyers ?

  22. #22

    Default

    The club was sold to someone in the far east to get increased commercial revenue, but nobody has seen anything on that front.

    Japan was the place to go for commercial ties in that area.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Not sure asset stripping is correct. Certainly we were overly self sufficient. We sold good players (mostly) at good prices. That money was the only money that went in to the team. That is apart from that going for training ground improvements + interest. TBH I have no problem with the club being run as a business. People were mad talking about Marcus' legacy - his legacy was to his daughter, and it netted her a £200m profit (while retaining 20% of the club). The insincere BS from her about doing the best for the club was something she really shouldn't have wasted her time doing, but hey, £200m is £200m. A good investment.

    The new fella, I have no idea about. Before people say that there is no reason to have my hand held by him, I do think he could come out and tell us what the plans are, what the situation is. He didn't even say well done to the team for pulling it around at the back end of last season and surviving. Nothing about the new season. Nothing about the new manager. Nothing.

    If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. It does look like we are a bit ducked.
    That's what irks me the most. We have no idea what his plans are. Does the useless pr ick even have any? Are we going to scrape 17th every year and bag the TV money or are we going to push for Europe again? He's not an owner who cares about the football. He bought us to make profit and that makes both our owners only caring about profit. I 100% see kat as asset stripping though, mate. Made as much from our stars as possible and then sold the corpse to the first bidder. We are a shambles and I'm sick of it now. If we get relegated I hope we go up for sale.

  24. #24

    Default

    Forget Gao, he’s just the chancer looking to make a buck.

    Fat KAT is who screwed us over good and proper.

    Like others have rightly said. She took us to the next level...

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hill Head
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Kat and Gao need to f*ck off. Have asset stripped and shown zero interest in the well being of the club. Please take the bull sh*tter RK with you.

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    10,049
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefScummer View Post
    That's what irks me the most. We have no idea what his plans are. Does the useless pr ick even have any? Are we going to scrape 17th every year and bag the TV money or are we going to push for Europe again? He's not an owner who cares about the football. He bought us to make profit and that makes both our owners only caring about profit. I 100% see kat as asset stripping though, mate. Made as much from our stars as possible and then sold the corpse to the first bidder. We are a shambles and I'm sick of it now. If we get relegated I hope we go up for sale.
    TBH, if we scraped 17th every season with the minimum amount of outlay it would make great commercial sense !!! LOL

  27. Default

    Worst owner in the league. Worst owner we've ever had.

    Get the **** out.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    26,989

    Default

    by a country mile, worse than Mike Ashley.
    as said, look at the mountain of grief he (ashely) gets, yet people probably politely clap the directors box at SMS
    Last edited by Batman; 10-02-2019 at 10:55 AM.

  29. #29

    Default

    Don't worry, everything will be fine once the Head of International Commercial Development (Asia) and Head of International Sports Business Development (Asia) that we're currently advertising for are employed.

    All those tie ins with Indonesian tyre companies and extra shirt sales in Vietnam will take us to the next level. Exciting times

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    11,979

    Default

    Look on the bright side; without him, we probably wouldn't have the pre-match pyrotechnics, clappers and the red carpet around the pitch.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    11,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    Worst owner we've ever had.

    Get the **** out.
    Really? Worse than Lowe? Never.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    here
    Posts
    740

    Default

    I have to say that i agree with many of you. Kat took the 1st offer that came along. The B-llsh-t about 'getting the right owner' is looking just like that 'b-llsh-t'. I have heard grumbles about it for a while from fans but those grumbles are getting louder and i 'fear' that this will turn into a massive issue come the end of the season. Nick over on the UI is always 'sticking up' for the owners asking 'what have they done wrong?'. I think the fact that they haven't invested in new signings that we desperately needed in January is more than wrong, it's blatantly incompetent. It's obvious to me that Gao won't put his hand in his pocket. If he won't help us out in the situation we are in then he never will. This club could be on the verge of a major crisis because if we drop into the Championship our slide won't stop there. Everything that Markus did for us will be undone by his daughter selling out to a chinaman who is only here to suck up the Premier League cash.

  33. #33

    Default

    Gao’s plans for Southampton FC are to use the club as a way into getting property developments in the city. The people (board) who work for the club are here in Southampton and can meet with the council chiefs, council chiefs want to work with the football club and politically the club’s status in the city helps open doors. The money made will go back to China and not to develop the football club.

    Kat could have sold to other investors who would genuinely have improved us but she wanted the money.

    Owning a football club is a mere vehicle for bigger more lucrative activity.

  34. #34

    Default

    Dress it up how you want lads we have a owner who is scraping the barrel has no ambition for this club either..

    If we hit relegation it could be dire with all the dross on the books on high wages we could bounce down to league 1.....

    Only good thing is my save game on footy manager would be more challenging haha

  35. Default

    If the folk running the Club had any financial nous, they would have seen an opportunity to both:-
    1) avoid relegation and the financial meltdown in most of Gao's £200m investment/loan and
    2) the opportunity to have lifted the team by a further £10m to £15m in the Merit (league position) revenues.

    It just needed them to buy a solid reliable inform striker, of which £15m would have been a bargain for Che.

  36. Default

    Q: Is Gao worse than Lowe?

    A: May be becoming as bad. Under Gao we are repeating the Lowe mistake of under investing in a team that is trying to avoid relegation. Save a few million and risk losing hundreds of millions.

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,364

    Default

    So it appears the general consensus is f()ck off, Gao et al.

    If only it were that easy, eh.

  38. #38

    Default

    I certainly don't hate Gao: in fact, I feel a bit sorry for him. Kat has taken him for every penny she could get and he is in way over his head. Over the last few months he has had to sell off most of his shares in Lander Sports cheaply in an attempt to raise enough cash to pay back the loan he took out to pay her. Kat has been utterly ruthless in her pursuit of cash and has made more money out of this football club - so far around quarter of a billion pounds - than just about any other owner in the history of football. Charging the club she owned interest for loans was plain mean and just another way she found of siphoning money out of it.

    There is nothing wrong with having a wealthy Chinese owner as Wolves have found out. The problem is we don't have one:

    https://www.forbes.com/china-billionaires/list/#tabverall

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    10,049
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    I certainly don't hate Gao: in fact, I feel a bit sorry for him. Kat has taken him for every penny she could get and he is in way over his head. Over the last few months he has had to sell off most of his shares in Lander Sports cheaply in an attempt to raise enough cash to pay back the loan he took out to pay her. Kat has been utterly ruthless in her pursuit of cash and has made more money out of this football club - so far around quarter of a billion pounds - than just about any other owner in the history of football. Charging the club she owned interest for loans was plain mean and just another way she found of siphoning money out of it.

    There is nothing wrong with having a wealthy Chinese owner as Wolves have found out. The problem is we don't have one:

    https://www.forbes.com/china-billionaires/list/#tabverall
    Can't blame Katrina. She is a businesswoman and sold at 'just the right time'. Gao is a businessman and should know there is no such thing as a free lunch.

  40. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    Really? Worse than Lowe? Never.
    On par, but getting worse. Seemingly because he has no interest in us, none at all. If he was a passionate owner as our Ralph claims him to be...then he'd have bothered to learn English and given us some concrete proposals on his plans going forward. At the end of the day his actions speak louder than words, and all his actions have been is to sell and get rid, whilst not investing a penny.

    This entire charade seems to have been simply an ego boost for himself and his franchises in China, a quick and easy sale for Kat as she needed money urgently, whilst helping him jump on the football bandwagon they’re trying to promote over there. None of this is being done in the interests of us guys who spend our money to line his pockets.

    This entire takeover screamed alarm bells from the moment he initially failed any test.

  41. #41

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Double Deuce
    Posts
    6,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delmary View Post
    Kat and Gao need to f*ck off. Have asset stripped and shown zero interest in the well being of the club. Please take the bull sh*tter RK with you.
    Pretty much exactly how I feel. RK is just their spin doctor feeding bullsh*t to the supporters whilst they pursue their own agenda.

  42. Default

    As soon as Kat said she is leaving us in safe hands I knew we were screwed.

  43. #43

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    16,605

    Default

    Kat and Gao have no clue or sensible ambition and are financial small-fry in relative terms to other owners.

    Ralph is a waste of space.

    Les hasn't been replaced.

    Thank goodness we've got a decent manager, but it is about the only positive throughout the club at the moment.

  44. #44

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West of Fareham
    Posts
    12,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    Really? Worse than Lowe? Never.
    To be fair Lowe had to work under tighter constraints than the current clowns, he had the mortgage and shareholders to worry about. Obviously our current ownership situation is miles better than under Lowe but in terms of actuall descisions made by the chief exec then I’m not sure current lot are any better.

    We have £100mill odd of players loaned out to clubs across Europe and are starting with Shane Long up front. We are looking likely to be playing Championship football next year whilst loaning our right back to Inter Milan - the club is a mess.

  45. #45

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    28,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crab Lungs View Post
    Out of interest, is there anyone who actually wants him here? Is there any counter argument?
    He’s doing a great job. On the football side We cut salary expenditure significantly during January and made a profit in the transfer window from player sales.


    We have a marketing department on board with every cause there is, note the recent acclaim we got for flying the trannie flag on our twitter feed supporting transgender rights.

    What With the fans forums to keep it touch with what’s going on, the new gas works bar, pre match light display and the wide arrange of foodstuff available in the kiosks its arguable that that the match day experience has never been better.

  46. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft Kerplunk View Post
    Gao’s plans for Southampton FC are to use the club as a way into getting property developments in the city. The people (board) who work for the club are here in Southampton and can meet with the council chiefs, council chiefs want to work with the football club and politically the club’s status in the city helps open doors. The money made will go back to China and not to develop the football club.

    Kat could have sold to other investors who would genuinely have improved us but she wanted the money.

    Owning a football club is a mere vehicle for bigger more lucrative activity.
    Eh, I don't buy this reasoning at all. Lander aren't a general real-estate development company, and Gao doesn't seem to have any significant business interest outside Lander and his ownership of Saints (and Lander's value has collapsed over the past few years, making a simultaneous international expansion AND a broadening in their commercial focus quite a stretch - not to mention Gao has sold off the majority of his Lander holdings in the last few months anyway).

    I think it far more likely that buying the club was a way to transfer wealth to a more liberal regulatory environment. Acquire the club with money borrowed from outside PRC, and either sell it in a few years for a profit or use the club's own ever-increasing revenues to pay off the debt, and one way or another you have moved over £200m out from under the nose of the Chinese government.

  47. #47

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Eastleigh
    Posts
    905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    Kat and Gao have no clue or sensible ambition and are financial small-fry in relative terms to other owners.

    Ralph is a waste of space.

    Les hasn't been replaced.

    Thank goodness we've got a decent manager, but it is about the only positive throughout the club at the moment.
    Ross Wilson.

  48. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft Kerplunk View Post
    Gao’s plans for Southampton FC are to use the club as a way into getting property developments in the city. The people (board) who work for the club are here in Southampton and can meet with the council chiefs, council chiefs want to work with the football club and politically the club’s status in the city helps open doors. The money made will go back to China and not to develop the football club.

    Kat could have sold to other investors who would genuinely have improved us but she wanted the money.

    Owning a football club is a mere vehicle for bigger more lucrative activity.
    Much as i dislike Gao this is crap there are much better property investments throughout the world than in Southampton And his money would be much better spent profit wise elsewhere. Also the Southampton council would bite the hand off a good investor in the city so no need to buy a football club for that. Do you really think he can recover the cost of the club that he paid Kat as profit on property deals in Southampton? No chance!

  49. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by verlaine1979 View Post
    Eh, I don't buy this reasoning at all. Lander aren't a general real-estate development company, and Gao doesn't seem to have any significant business interest outside Lander and his ownership of Saints (and Lander's value has collapsed over the past few years, making a simultaneous international expansion AND a broadening in their commercial focus quite a stretch - not to mention Gao has sold off the majority of his Lander holdings in the last few months anyway).

    I think it far more likely that buying the club was a way to transfer wealth to a more liberal regulatory environment. Acquire the club with money borrowed from outside PRC, and either sell it in a few years for a profit or use the club's own ever-increasing revenues to pay off the debt, and one way or another you have moved over £200m out from under the nose of the Chinese government.

    Much more feasible

  50. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft Kerplunk View Post
    Gao’s plans for Southampton FC are to use the club as a way into getting property developments in the city. The people (board) who work for the club are here in Southampton and can meet with the council chiefs, council chiefs want to work with the football club and politically the club’s status in the city helps open doors. The money made will go back to China and not to develop the football club.

    Kat could have sold to other investors who would genuinely have improved us but she wanted the money.

    Owning a football club is a mere vehicle for bigger more lucrative activity.
    Do people still believe this utter horsesh it?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •