Mr Gao....

Crab Lungs

Wow. If I ever had the fortune (and fortune) to buy a footy club (Saints preferred) the very LAST think on my mind would be trying to satisfy the cretins on a forum FFS. Jeez, if you are so furckin good at running a footy club why aren't you doing it?

Because you are good at getting ****ed and abusing people.

Cretins, I say.

Oh dear. Always Mk II: https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/member.php?681-brmbrm

Well kat didn't invest and sold to a shady character against the advice of the league, lied about this individual taking us to a new level and oversaw a decline which may well result in our relegation and the destruction of what her father built. I'd say that was pretty bad for starters.

There was investment at least £50M

Wow. If I ever had the fortune (and fortune) to buy a footy club (Saints preferred) the very LAST think on my mind would be trying to satisfy the cretins on a forum FFS. Jeez, if you are so furckin good at running a footy club why aren't you doing it?

Because you are good at getting ****ed and abusing people.

Cretins, I say.

Exactly. Which is why it's really weird that posters are wetting themselves about people saying unkind things about Kat. No one cares and it doesn't make any difference to anything.

Exactly. Which is why it's really weird that posters are wetting themselves about people saying unkind things about Kat. No one cares and it doesn't make any difference to anything.

I think the criticism should be on the actions she has taken (perceived motives or otherwise) and not on her size and shape or any other unrelated physical or social characteristic. It demonstrates the age demographic on this forum (and I'm over 50) that these sorts of comments are considered okay if no one is else is reading them. It isn't okay and it undermines the argument as I immediately form a less than favourably impression of the person writing it.

I think the criticism should be on the actions she has taken (perceived motives or otherwise) and not on her size and shape or any other unrelated physical or social characteristic. It demonstrates the age demographic on this forum (and I'm over 50) that these sorts of comments are considered okay if no one is else is reading them. It isn't okay and it undermines the argument as I immediately form a less than favourably impression of the person writing it.

Yeah that's fair enough, it's why I haven't joined in with the personal stuff. I can see why posters would get annoyed and may express themselves in an inelegant fashion but I can also see why others would consider that to be too far. Southampton FC supporters is a broad church.

On the other hand though the Liebherrs rescued us from oblivion; Rupert helped take us there. For that reason I can't compare the contribution of the Liebherrs with Lowe.

Gao on the other hand...

I think you will find it was (Saints Go) Wilde that took us to the brink of oblivion by giving large amounts of money the club couldn't afford for Whiskey George to spend on players in a desperate bid to get the PL. Once this failed we were always destined for administration.

Even if there was- I haven't seen proof- it's pretty much been ruined by the subsequent sale and possible relegation.

she converted some of her loans to equity (circa £37m) back in 2014. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26813363

Also all fully documented in the financial statements.

In total the Liebherr's invested about £60m in Saints, they made a profit of £140 on the sale Gao plus still own 20% which is worth around £50m based on the price Gao paid,

Additionally they received interest on some of (not all) their loans they gave to the club.

Edited by John D
pressed post too quick

she converted some of her loans to equity (circa £37m) back in 2014. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26813363

Also all fully documented in the financial statements.

In total the Liebherr's invested about £60m in Saints, they made a profit of £140 on the sale Gao plus still own 20% which is worth around £50m based on the price Gao paid,

Additionally they received interest on some of (not all) their loans they gave to the club.

Thanks for proving what I was saying.

Apologies if posted....

Southampton are confident over the commitment of Gao Jisheng after Lander Sports share sale

Saints are confident that Gao Jisheng’s commitment to the club will not waver despite him losing control of Lander Sports.

The Chinese business mogul, who 18 months ago paid Katharina Liebherr £210m for an 80 per cent stake in the club, has lost a controlling interest in his Lander Sports company after a major share sale.

The news has sparked concern among some Saints fans who fear the club could quickly change hands and uncertainty as to whether this means Gao will retreat from his majority stake at St Mary’s.

However, the Daily Echo understands that club were informed of the Lander developments ahead of time and were told Gao was simply restricting his business portfolio and remained committed to Saints.

Though Gao has not been paid a particularly heady price per share for a large chunk of the holding in Lander, it has still significantly increased his personal wealth.

But any thoughts that the cash might make its way to St Mary’s looks optimistic as it is still business as usual at Saints.

That means Gao allowing the club to run in a self-sustaining manner and refusing to withdraw any profits, instead allowing Ralph Krueger and his team to reinvest them. At the same time there is not likely to be external investment forthcoming.

Saints are owned by Gao and Liebherr in personal capacities meaning the change in ownership structure at Gao’s Chinese company Lander Sports doesn’t have an impact on the club.

During the initial talks Lander Sports was to be the investment arm used to take control of Saints, but after a litany of problems Gao changed course and funded the move himself.

He set up a separate company, also called Lander, but based in the UK, with which to make the personal investment and to acquire Saints, and the ownership of that business, which is not a listed company, remains unchanged.

The worry caused by these events, though largely unfounded, does go to again underline the difficulty Saints have in persuading fans as to Gao’s intentions when he has refused to speak at all about his aims or ambitions since taking control in August 2017.

It has instead been left to Ralph Krueger to field questions, however, his answers have lacked any detail.

He has insisted that Gao has made a significant investment by buying the club, which underlines his belief in it, and therefore supporters should have faith with regards why he has bought it, how it has been funded and what he intends for it.

Krueger has also used the argument that Gao is a very private man.

However, that looks increasingly unsustainable, given not only is he the owner of a high-profile Premier League football club who attends matches but has also recently given a journalist access to his family for an interview about other matters and last week had a public visit to Westminster to speak with Eastleigh MP Mims Davies, which was tweeted about.

Source: https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17439062.southampton-are-confident-over-the-commitment-of-gao-jisheng-after-lander-sports-share-sale/?ref=rss

To be fair to the man. We are in the mess we are in because Reed wasted money hand over foot in recent seasons. Its not the fault of the new owners.

I thought Gao was here for the purchases of Hoett and Carrillo, Reed must have just spent the money with out clearing it with Gao then :rolleyes:

Next set of accounts will be filed by end March. That will give us a clear indication whether Gao is taking money out of the club or whether we really have been useless with our money.

I personally believe it is the latter despite some wild claims made on this thread!

To be fair to the man.

He didn’t go into the deal blind. He got lucky at some point to be able to buy Saints but it’s all unraveling now and it seems revenue generated from Saints will be the only source of income.

Unless he’s adept at running a company effectively and efficiently then he has no value.

To be fair to the man. We are in the mess we are in because Reed wasted money hand over foot in recent seasons. Its not the fault of the new owners.

Maybe but when you pay 200M + for something you should have a good idea of what you are buying and what you are letting yourself in for.

Paying over the odds and not understanding what is even going on is not an excuse.

You don't understand how FFP works then. Owners can inject up to £105m over three seasons as long as they convert the debt to equity.

Shirt buttons then in today prices.

Its the lack of chinese commercial sponsorship, that's the main way to point the finger at Liebherr and Krueger.

Shirt buttons then in today prices.

Its the lack of chinese commercial sponsorship, that's the main way to point the finger at Liebherr and Krueger.

Eh, you don't think an additional £35m a year on top of our regular income would make a meaningful difference to the squad? Our record signing is only £18m.

Eh, you don't think an additional £35m a year on top of our regular income would make a meaningful difference to the squad? Our record signing is only £18m.

One might point to our neighbours down the M27/A31/A338 and look at their signings... https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/startseite/wettbewerb/GB1

Hence why their market value (of players) is somewhat higher than ours... https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/afc-bournemouth/transferrekorde/verein/989