Over hyping the young players

Batman

Why does this happen?

It can’t be any good for them as it serves no purpose

JwP has had it for years, had he been a foreign purchase, he would have been sent on loan to getafe or someone years ago.

Couple of years ago, Stephens (on here) was rated better than Maguire by some and the rated him higher than one of the starting CBs for juventus. !!!

Now we are seeing it with those in and around the first team. When in reality, they should be no where near the side in the state we are in.

As CB Fry said in a post earlier, seems odd that many fans can get all excited and high-five each other because a young lad has been thrown into the side way too early and putting in bang average performances

Edited by Batman

Simple answer = cheap. There were many thickies slow to catch on in 08/09 as well. Like that era, fans need to force a change of ownership by boycotting. Look at that 08/09 side, most of them bar Lallana and Morgan vanished down the leagues or out of the game altogether.

Saints are prone to ambitious and insular cycles, best to sit out the latter so the former comes round again faster than last time.

We are the most arrogant football club I’ve ever seen, with the square root of **** all to show for it. The media team are a bunch of utter helmets and their propaganda wouldn’t look out of place in North Korea.

I think Slatery is decent to be honest. Valery isn't too bad.

The fact the likes of Sims are being called upon is scary though. He couldn't even get into Readings team. It's those sort of guys (Targett, Sims, Hesketh, Gallagher) who just aren't good enough.

Would exactly do you disagree with?

Arrogant - tick

Nothing to show for it - tick

Media team cringy - tick

Lots of propaganda - tick

I wouldn't direct anger at the media team to be fair, they only push out what they are told to push out. I think they can/do make some good content.

I wouldn't direct anger at the media team to be fair, they only push out what they are told to push out. I think they can/do make some good content.

Oh don’t get me wrong, I have no doubt it’s put on them from above.

And so we’re back to my first point of the whole club being arrogant.

Wow, and these people call themselves supporters. I do wonder why some people waste so much of their lives slagging off something they say they “support.” If supporting Southampton FC makes you that unhappy and angry surely your lives would be better spent doing something else? Yes, the match yesterday sucked and was hugely frustration but it was just a game of football. I would have added that nobody died, but people did die, and two supposed football supporters made fun of that. If you want to get really angry at something, get angry at morons who think it is okay to behave like that - God knows football crowds are full of people like that. We are a bang average side and have been for a while. I have been supporting this club since 1966 and for the vast majority of that time we have been a bang average club. If you want constant success you really are in the wrong place.

I would rather they played some of the youngsters than persisted with options that are clearly not working. I would play Sam Gallagher ahead of Shane Long.
That wouldn't achieve anything. Gallagher is not good enough. Other than Ings, none of our strikers are good enough for various different reasons.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk