Next 12 Games - A Prediction

nmp

24 Hours after essentially losing it and despairing of the last two games, I’m left wondering what the chances are for the remaining twelve games. Many will think I’m mad but I made a prediction spreadsheet with 17 games to go of the teams that I thought would be in the battle against relegation.

Brighton, Burnley, Cardiff, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Huddersfield, Newcastle and Southampton.

I looked at every match they had coming up, the current points they already had and made a win/lose/draw prediction to arrive at a predicted points tally come the end of the season. As the results have come in I’ve amended the predicted results with the actual results and the spreadsheet has calculated the gains and losses to take these into account and come up with a revised points estimate assuming that the rest of the predictions hold true.

Below is what I originally came up with and how it’s now looking with 12 to go!

With 17 Matches To Go With 12 Matches To Go

Crystal Palace 44 Crystal Palace 42

Brighton 43 Brighton 37

Saints 38 Burnley 35

Newcastle 29 Saints 35

Burnley 28 Newcastle 32

Cardiff 25 Cardiff 28

Fulham 23 Fulham 24

Huddersfield 15 Huddersfield 15

For what it’s worth my predictions on the remaining Saints games are shown below - even i don't have time to share the whole spredsheet - I'm sad enough as it is :lol:

Home 10 Points Away 3 Points

Fulham Win Arsenal Lose

Tottenham Lose Man United Lose

Liverpool Lose Watford Draw

Wolves Draw Brighton Draw

Bournemouth Win Newcastle Draw

Huddersfield Win West Ham* Lose

• Originally had this down as a draw but now think we might lose it

Obviously it’s very subjective and so much can change but this is how I maintain hope now that we have RH in charge, despite the loss to Cardiff and and two weeks of nothing happening!

Anyway hope it brings comfort to some and the rest of you can pour scorn on me if you want to - who knows RH might get more than this out of them?

BTW – As soon as Burnley signed Crouch I just knew he would do something to hurt us and as the picture shows, the penalty shouldn’t have been awarded - he's holding Stephens down by grabbing his shirt in the small of his back.

Stephens is forced off balance and arches backwards – hand comes flying up and hey presto a penalty! https://ronaldo.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/GettyImages-1092889872-696x452.jpg

Crouch the cheat strikes again!

Bugger - all my careful formatting has been screwed - OK imagine neat columns for the 17 to go list and the 12 to go list, along with the Home and Away lists as well ie. Fulham (Home Game) - Win / Aresnal (Away Game) - Lose - you get the picture.