Football Index

Golden Balls

Surprised there wasn’t already a thread on this (I think).

I’ve been dabbling in Football Index recently and done modestly well. Initially I thought it was a bit of a scam but having read up on it more, listened to a few podcasts and followed a few twitter accounts it’s a pretty fun way of gambling.

Any players on here? Happy to share tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I initially thought it was a bit of a scam as it seemed a case of marking their own homework. But it’s all regulated.

It’s a bit more complex. You can trade on players at a share price. A price is dictated by their demand. You can make dividends on players and some can give you a decent return.

I’ve got a mixed portfolio of young talent that I feel will grow in value and some big hitters that are still on an upward trajectory and paying out dividends.

The key is to find value I suppose.

They’re on the cusp of a 2nd boom with their marketing bringing more people onto the platform. More people drives up prices. They’re soon to have a share split which will make the bigger players more affordable again and bring more demand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I bought Mane and Van Dijk dirt cheap and Saints and they're now worth a mint, but they won't let me withdraw as I need to ring them and validate or something. But no-one ever answers the number I ring....

They probably need to validate you due to gambling laws.

I’ve had to call them once and it was simple enough. Try tweeting @footballindexCS or @DanN___FI

That’s said, both of them are still rising so might be best to keep hold, if you’re still within the 3 years.

• 2 years later...

Was a weird premise really for what amounts to gambling. Easier and quicker ways to clean out pundits which is ultimately what they all want to do. Despite the gamble responsibly bs which feels just something they use to counter any official watchdog claims of irresponsibility. 
 Viz ‘smoke tabs’ /‘don’t smoke tabs’

i put a tenner in ages ago and forgot about it. Diminished to about £2 when I went back months later.

Edited by whelk