George Peter Osbourne funeral

Marsdinho

I know this is in the wrong forum; but, quite frankly, I don't care. Please feel free to delete/move this after 9:45am tomorrow.

This is Saints realted as this is one of our own...

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/17428630.soldier-george-osborne-will-be-buried-in-southampton-on-february-14/

If anyone is available tomorrow morning to attend the crematorium at 9:45 and give this Southampton hero a fitting send off, then please find the time!

Thank you.

This sort of thing makes me feel sad and I do wonder who actually benefits when lots of people attend a dead man's funeral. Far better if brave men like this are appreciated and shown kindness whilst they are alive in my opinion. Hopefully they do something like raise some money for a suitable charity at the same time.

I know what you mean Hypo. I guess for me the feelings are of sadness that someone who stood up for freedom, in our darkest hour, when we were all alone in the world, doesn't deserve to leave this place alone and unoticed by a society that should still be immensely grateful. I never knew that man, but I do feel a strong urge to pay my respect, which is why I'll be attending.

I know what you mean Hypo. I guess for me the feelings are of sadness that someone who stood up for freedom, in our darkest hour, when we were all alone in the world, doesn't deserve to leave this place alone and unoticed by a society that should still be immensely grateful. I never knew that man, but I do feel a strong urge to pay my respect, which is why I'll be attending.

I do get that but it's just unfortunate that someone couldn't pass that message on whilst he was alive to appreciate it. I hope that people attend for the right reasons as you obviously will and not just to make themselves feel good.