Austin. £8m

Long. £7m

Carrillo. £10m

Stephens. £10m

Cedric. £10m

McQueen. £3m

Elyounnousi £10m

£76m

If it could/did, where would that squad finish?

Reed, Sims and Hesketh wont be here next season and Boufal will probably get loaned out again. Can't see anyone spending £7m on Long or Forster either.

Like the idea but a bit optimistic IMO.

I rate all 3 of those, and Boufal could come good under Hass. If Redmond and JWP could, anyone could...

Who knows, let’s see. In my opinion an investment of around 15-20m net could achieve above squad.

Long might not score but he runs a lot and fast, someone could take him

I rate all 3 of those, and Boufal could come good under Hass. If Redmond and JWP could, anyone could...

Who knows, let’s see. In my opinion an investment of around 15-20m net could achieve above squad.

Long might not score but he runs a lot and fast, someone could take him

Redmond has looked much improved. JWP seems to be having one of the purple patches which have occasionally dotted his career. Whether it turns into something more long term remains to be seen.

All it really proves is that those two individuals have looked better under Ralph. It has no bearing on Boufal or anyone else. Long if anything has looked even worse. Austin and Elyonoussi look as poor as ever and Stephens is still a howler waiting to happen.

Ralph isn’t a miracle worker who can make anyone ‘come good’.

Reed, Sims and Hesketh wont be here next season and Boufal will probably get loaned out again. Can't see anyone spending £7m on Long or Forster either.

Like the idea but a bit optimistic IMO.

Forster will only go on a free and then we will probably have to pay half his wages as well

Any risk of this happening?

Just for fun...

McCarthy

Gunn

Maehle.

Valery

Upamecano

Bednarek

Vestergaard

Yoshida

Bertrand

Targett

Hojbjerg

Lemina

Romeu

Reed

Slattery

Armstrong

Ward-Prowse

Hesketh

Redmond

Lookman.

Boufal

Sims

Augustin

Ings

Obafemi

Gallagher

Clasie. £1m

Hoedt. £10m

Forster. £7m

Austin. £8m

Long. £7m

Carrillo. £10m

Stephens. £10m

Cedric. £10m

McQueen. £3m

Elyounnousi £10m

£76m

If it could/did, where would that squad finish?

Nice theory but in practice it's just not going to happen.

The players the club will sell will be our better ones because they are the ones other clubs want. They should be able to find buyers for Bertrand, Lemina and possibly Hojbjerg in the summer. I guess the dream for the owners would be Redmond continuing his good form to bump his transfer value right up. We'll be stuck with the worst players until their contracts expire and they are released.

The players the club will sell will be our better ones because they are the ones other clubs want. They should be able to find buyers for Bertrand, Lemina and possibly Hojbjerg in the summer. I guess the dream for the owners would be Redmond continuing his good form to bump his transfer value right up. We'll be stuck with the worst players until their contracts expire and they are released.

If we go down we will be in trouble with an expensive but mediocre squad!

Remind me again which of our best players we were determined to sell, against their will.