Arsenal (A) - Build-up thread

Pamplemousse

Well Gallagher hasn’t travelled as just bumped into him at the Limewood.

RH must really not fancy him.

Maybe because he's just not good enough? Seems a lovely lad but the only reason he's still here is because he's an academy player. He's now 23 and has one goal for us and his stats whilst out on loan aren't exactly world-beating.

No recognised striker

Well given that everyone on here says our fit strikers are useless what do you expect? Fact is Redmond is a striker.

Makes me laugh all the experts on here moaning about the team. I get the Stephens bit but otherwise what would anyone seriously do different. Bertrand was useless on his return. I'd stick with the back 3 we have it's about getting consistency and understanding, Stephens is also our only defender who knows how to score.

Well given that everyone on here says our fit strikers are useless what do you expect? Fact is Redmond is a striker.

Makes me laugh all the experts on here moaning about the team. I get the Stephens bit but otherwise what would anyone seriously do different. Bertrand was useless on his return. I'd stick with the back 3 we have it's about getting consistency and understanding, Stephens is also our only defender who knows how to score.

you have been a Stephens fanboy for a few years.

It is OK to admit you got it wrong. We have all done it

Especially as we have 3 games in 6 days.

Spot on. People ***** about Austin and Long but whine when neither are in the team. I'm not sure who people expect us to play other than Redmond up top. Personally I'd have had Yoshida and / or Bertrand in the back 3 but otherwise the team picks itself.

Everytime I see a Saints lineup you realise and respect just how hard the January window is/was

Would have been VERY difficult for us to improve that team

we still have some dead wood/international players in there. Got Summer to shift them and allow Gao to service his finances a little more by negating the need for SFC to touch the TV/gate/commercial money

Edited by Batman

you have been a Stephens fanboy for a few years.

It is OK to admit you got it wrong. We have all done it

You really are a t**t of the highest order. Go and support some other team - you obviously don't like Saints.

Bertrand was absolutely terrible against Cardiff and Targett was very unlucky to be dropped.

NO-one rates Shane Long - we play with 10 men when he is on the pitch.

Stephens has done OK - our one player comfortable on the ball. Yes an awful error against Cardiff but then PEH failed 9 times out of 10 to pass to his own team mate who was only 5-10 yards from him. But PEH gets a free pass from many on here as he runs around a lot and shows some passion - very little skill but plenty of passion.

Stephens has done OK - our one player comfortable on the ball. Yes an awful error against Cardiff but then PEH failed 9 times out of 10 to pass to his own team mate who was only 5-10 yards from him. But PEH gets a free pass from many on here as he runs around a lot and shows some passion - very little skill but plenty of passion.

You don't really believe this, do you? He had a stinker against Cardiff but is usually one of our best passers.