Arsenal (A) - Build-up thread

Pamplemousse

As expected but no Ings in the latest training pictures.

Doubt we will see him before Brighton, which should give him time to have fully rested his hammy.

The Watford game being postponed could help in that regard, although hopefully we will realise this time that he cannot play midweek games.

Try out the 4222 that we intend to play against Fulham at home.

Gunn

Valery Yoshida Bednarak Bertrand

Romeu Hojbjerg

Redmond Armstrong

Obafemi Long/Austin

If we are doing that, I’d put JWP where Redmond is and push the latter up front in place of Long/Austin. I’m not sure we will be changing our defence that drastically away to Arsenal however.

deep down we all know long will start this one. hopeful that obefemi will at home for fulham

i thought vestergard has been decent last few games, and despite being wary of him up against auba and lacazette and yoshi being back i think he has earned his place in the team recently. if anybody drop stephens

deep down we all know long will start this one. hopeful that obefemi will at home for fulham

i thought vestergard has been decent last few games, and despite being wary of him up against auba and lacazette and yoshi being back i think he has earned his place in the team recently. if anybody drop stephens

Stephens is looking more like an accident in waiting than vestergard lately.

I've not seen any other reports but kinda makes sense with the announcement of Obafemi's new contract. Town not big enough for two of them?
If we stay up then I would imagine is very, very likely that Gallagher would leave in the summer.

Koscielny went off injured tonight, apparently.
How will their two other international centre backs cope with the spasmodic lone threat of Shane Long chasing after aimless punts?

This will be a damage limitation exercise in preparation for the must win game with Fulham. I doubt the Arsenal keeper will even get his gloves dirty.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

it would be this game where ozil starts getting back into the team' date=' of course it bloody is. i wouldnt mind bringing jordy clasie back just to get on ozils tits[/quote']

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they secretly loaned Giroud back and bring him on with 10 mins left and he scores a hatrick to wipe out of 2 goal lead all set up by Ozil!!

Wishful thinking but is game on the tellybox? Guessing on Sunday due Arsenal playing last night, but sometimes they pick games because they know they will be played on the sunday.
Don't think so. Kick off time is the same as Man United vs Liverpool - I imagine TV folk will be slightly more interested in that one.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Just me who thinks Lemina is going to be out for the rest of the season? Seems never ending
I think he will be in the mix for the Brighton game.

The only good part about having a break is it gives a chance for him and Ings to get back fit.

I would only risk Ings for the Spurs game if he is totally right.

What's the point in Ings, seriously?

Don't even get me started on Lemina.

Whats the issue with Lemina?

He struggled with a painful injury (clearly affecting his performances around Christmas) then had surgery, as he would have been advised and is currently recovering from that.

Frustrating for him to miss so many games but not sure what he has done wrong?

What's the point in Ings, seriously?

Don't even get me started on Lemina.

Not his fault and he’s an ‘okay’ (compared to what we’ve got) player when fit, but it was an absolute shambles our management putting faith and the future (in the PL) in the hands of 2 strikers with beyond shocking injury records and Shane ****ing long.

Ings was never the right move for us. Many pointed it out and as usual got called trolls etc. At the time.

We aren’t a club that can afford (we can we just don’t want to) have a player on £50/60k a week who isn’t playing every week.

I’d have supported the signing of ings if we had a half decent striker, who didn’t have an injury list as long as your arm, to compete with him.

Arsenal are there for the taking. They’re not very good, but then neither are we.

Hopefully we see Yoshida back and Stephens never has to put on a saints shirt again.

2-0 Arsenal.

2-1 Arsenal. A plucky display but ultimately we are not very good so will likely lose.

Cardiff game knocked the stuffing out of me and I now think we will take the last relegation place.

Ralph has not been perfect but I like the cut of his jib, I would welcome him being given a season in the Championship with the youth + a few of his picks once we have cleared out as many of these **** senior pro's as we can.

Far from over yet, but this is the vibe I'm getting as we are just horrific at home which I expect to continue.

Two weeks off and Arsenal away next just rammed home how spectacularly careless it was to allow Cardiff to do the double over us. Now we have Aubameyang and and Lacazette up against our wobbly defence at the Emirates and Shane 'barn door' Long as our only goal threat. Behind the sofa would be a good place to watch this one. Bring on Fulham.

Err um...why so few posts on this thread? Anyone else interested in this game. Am hoping we get a Europa-league exhausted Arsenal who have a really off-day and a Saints team with a rocket up their backsides after the Cardiff debacle. Expect we'll get a red-hot Arsenal and a Saints team still on a Tenerife beach. We tend to play well against Arsenal and hope against hope we do again and get a result. A draw would be huge after the Cardiff result today.

2-1 Arsenal. A plucky display but ultimately we are not very good so will likely lose.

Cardiff game knocked the stuffing out of me and I now think we will take the last relegation place.

Ralph has not been perfect but I like the cut of his jib, I would welcome him being given a season in the Championship with the youth + a few of his picks once we have cleared out as many of these **** senior pro's as we can.

Far from over yet, but this is the vibe I'm getting as we are just horrific at home which I expect to continue.

That's not going to happen. He's already told the German & Austrian media he will leave if we are relegated.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/ralph-hasenhuttl-tells-german-media-hell-leave-southampton-relegated-wages-manager-revealed/

That's not going to happen. He's already told the German & Austrian media he will leave if we are relegated.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/ralph-hasenhuttl-tells-german-media-hell-leave-southampton-relegated-wages-manager-revealed/

Umm, not exactly, he's said if you get relegated you can expect to lose your job. The rest is down to interpretation IMO

Try reading it again. Quite frankly if he doesn't keep us up he deserves to be sacked anyway.

Benitez didn't get sacked and took Newcastle back up. I think it would be great in the Championship with Ralph. It's a far more entertaining league and it would be interesting to see him build a team of players that suit his style.

Er... Which Ralph are we talking about here? :?

The manager

In the window this place was full of people saying that Ralph wanted the smaller squad, if Ralph wanted to sign players we would have. Get rid of the deadwood And so on

Not sure he would be able to cut it in the champ, given his desire for a much smaller squad and what would be delivered by the club.

Benitez didn't get sacked and took Newcastle back up. I think it would be great in the Championship with Ralph. It's a far more entertaining league and it would be interesting to see him build a team of players that suit his style.
Benitez took over at Newcastle in March so relegation could hardly be put at his door.

Ralph will have been manager for most of the season and architect of a transfer window that prioritised getting shot of decent Premier League pros to play a bunch of whey-faced kids instead. If that pays off he's a hero, if we go down it's his fault.

Benitez took over at Newcastle in March so relegation could hardly be put at his door.

Ralph will have been manager for most of the season and architect of a transfer window that prioritised getting shot of decent Premier League pros to play a bunch of whey-faced kids instead. If that pays off he's a hero, if we go down it's his fault.

Whilst I do agree to an extebt, I think Ralph expected us to sign a striker and a right back before the end of the window.

The manager

In the window this place was full of people saying that Ralph wanted the smaller squad, if Ralph wanted to sign players we would have. Get rid of the deadwood And so on

Not sure he would be able to cut it in the champ, given his desire for a much smaller squad and what would be delivered by the club.

I fully believe Ralph wants a leaner, tighter squad to work with but I doubt it was his plan to be relying on Long for goals in order to survive.

By a remarkable coincidence the striker who, "doesn't really suit Ralph's style," just happens to be the one we had a £10m offer for. Who'd have thought. I think given choice Ralph would have signed a striker and sold Austin, rather than Gabbi but I guess we'll never know.

I also doubt we said to Ralph, "so about Cedric...?" and he replied, "no, get rid immediately and don't replace him. I want the only RB in my squad to be a mediocre academy player who isn't really ready yet."

This has boardroom fingerprints all over it and RH is just putting on a brave face IMO. If we stay up, he'll be straight in RK's office saying, "right, I've done my bit, now go and get me 2 proper f**king strikers."

I see we have Graham Scott on the whistle for this one..........if you are going to this one just try to remember not to upset him, the Chapel Itchen corner touched a nerve with him following an absolutely pants decision against us v Everton, then he managed to make 4 minutes of added time last 2 hours in retaliation. (Possibly)