Looking at the remaining fixtures....

Cabrone

Time for predictions yet?

............Optimistic......Pessimistic

Arse(a)..1..................0

Ful(h)....3..................1 (I would have put 3 points here but after Cardiff.....)

Utd(a)....0.................0

Spurs(h).1.................0

BHA(a)...3.................0

Liv(h).....1.................0

Wolves(h).3...............0

New(a)....1................0

Bmth(h)..3.................0

WHU(a)...1.................0

Hudd(h)...3.................1

TOTAL......20...............2

The average = 11 points which puts us on 35 in May.

Ralph's pulled up trees to get us to where we are but damn it's going to be tight.

3 games we have to win (Fulham, Bmouth, Hudds)

Games we can get wins from (Newcastle, Watford, Brighton)

We need 4 wins at a minimum, and a few extra bonus points. We've made it seriously difficult for ourselves these last two games. Right now it's hard to see that happening; but if we get a win, Lemina and Ings come back then things can look a lot better. Either way, it's going to the wire. Our last 5 games are pretty kind, but I think we need to get a freak result (ala Palace/City, or Newcastle/City) to do ourselves a favour.

You are missing Watford away from that list.

The difficulty with doing something like this is that form often goes out of the window as the end of the season gets nearer. Some mid table clubs develop an "on the beach " mentality and the teams at the bottom start doing rather well. Last year for example we gained points at Everton ( should have been 3) and Leicester when in mid February these were looking unlikely. Similarly WBA who looked dead and buried nearly pulled off a great escape. Although unlikely to escape relegation I reckon that Huddersfield could soon show signs of revival in the same manner.

We could well benefit from this end of seasonitis. If Watford or Wolves progress further in the cup they will have more things on their mind than playing us. Watford away could be well delayed until the last couple of weeks of the season when the match will mean more to us than to them. Swansea away last season was similarly delayed.

I also think that West Ham and maybe even Newcastle (if they are safe by then) will be easier than the current form table suggests.

All in all therefore I think that we will do better than your average points tally above.

Edited by Tamesaint

Assuming Huddersfield and possibly Fulham are destined for the drop, I reckon it is between us and Cardiff and it is doubly disappointing that we lost to them

I think we are marginally better than Cardiff as a team but our lack of firepower, without Danny Ings, will ultimately coast us dear as many people predicted.