VVD interview

OldNick

Just listened to the VVD interview on BBC podcast, apparently he came back in August and gave hos all for the club.

That Henderson has the same agent as him,and was on the phone everyday saying he should join them.

The conduit between them and to VVD it may seem.

He might have felt he was giving 100% but it was obvious that was not the case. If your hearts not in it then subconsciously you are going to lose a few percent. Such are the margins at the top level this can make all the difference, hence why Ralph only wants players that are all there.

Remember his first game back at the 365 - was half hearted at best as far as I remember - gave away a pen (which Frazer saved..!). Maya scored a great volley for us - but as is normal we cocked it up in the last couple of minutes when Crouch got the winner. Don't think VvD ever reached his best with us again - he just wanted out - plain and simple. Sad tale of spoiled kid not getting his own way, played out in public.

Remember his first game back at the 365 - was half hearted at best as far as I remember - gave away a pen (which Frazer saved..!). Maya scored a great volley for us - but as is normal we cocked it up in the last couple of minutes when Crouch got the winner. Don't think VvD ever reached his best with us again - he just wanted out - plain and simple. Sad tale of spoiled kid not getting his own way, played out in public.

But he did get his own way though.

I remember his public criticism of the system being played under Puel. Perhaps he had a point. Perhaps he was speaking for the dressing room as a whole, but I thought it was a bit disrespectful to stir the hornets nest knowing you're future is elsewhere. Just do your job and shut up.

Cobblers!! I bet when £100k+ per week is being flashed under your nose Blackpool looks bloody fantastic! :D

Fly up in a private jet, into a chauffered car with tinted windows, drive to a posh hotel ( The DeVere, The Hilton, or The Imperial ), hold meeting in a private suite, back into chauffered car, fly back south in private jet. How much of Blackpool did he see ?

He must have missed at least five games at the beginning of the season due to him being on strike !

He whinged and moaned like a little girl at staplewood and the club then put him in the U23 training regime.

He kicked off before the leicester home game upsetting everyone just so he could force the January move.

Then there is the whole blackpool saga and his agent and Liverpool using the media to stir it all up.

No news here.

Bloke was/is a careerist tw*t - like most professional footballers.

Only joined us to "showcase his talents" in the richest league in the world and lead to a highly paid move to a top 6 club.

Which is fine IF/WHEN they cos t nothing, prove to be quality, and don't want out on day 5.

But to pretend otherwise, while unsurprising, is just bull**** for stupid people to swallow.

But he did get his own way though.
Oh yeah, agree he did get his own way. But it was about the way in which he behaved and reacted to the situation, totally unprofessional towards his contracted club and employer. Sad to say, that any player, of similar ability, playing for a club of our stature will always get their own way if they acted as vvd did. There is a right way, and a totally unprofessional way, he chose the latter.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Edited by Micky

No news here.

Only joined us to "showcase his talents" in the richest league in the world and lead to a highly paid move to a top 6 club.

That is our model and is the very nature of the football hierarchy.

For some of our fans to get so upset about it is extremely naïve by them. We got £75m for the world's best centre back... Did people really think he was going to stay at saints. The mistake was not flogging him sooner, and was compounded by wasting the money.

No news here.

Which is fine IF/WHEN they cos t nothing, prove to be quality, and don't want out on day 5.

But to pretend otherwise, while unsurprising, is just bull**** for stupid people to swallow.

Like most PEOPLE tbf.

That is our model and is the very nature of the football hierarchy.

For some of our fans to get so upset about it is extremely naïve by them. We got £75m for the world's best centre back... Did people really think he was going to stay at saints. The mistake was not flogging him sooner, and was compounded by wasting the money.

I think everyone realises he was too good for us and wouldn't be here long term, it's the way he went about orchestrating the move and making out the club was in the wrong that is the reason he is hated.

And you say we should have flogged him sooner, yet every time we've done that before most on here ***** and moan that we're not holding onto our best players etc. At least with VVD the club tried to make a stand and I admired them for that, whatever they do they can't win.

I think everyone realises he was too good for us and wouldn't be here long term, it's the way he went about orchestrating the move and making out the club was in the wrong that is the reason he is hated.

And you say we should have flogged him sooner, yet every time we've done that before most on here ***** and moan that we're not holding onto our best players etc. At least with VVD the club tried to make a stand and I admired them for that, whatever they do they can't win.

Hated? Does anyone REALLY hate him? Dislike perhaps but I can't say I hate any footballer.