SISU

spyinthesky

Despite the concern a lot of us may have about our current ownership/league position, the problems at Coventry (who may be thrown out of the League if they cant nominate where they are playing next season) under the stewardship of SISU puts our difficulties into perspective.

We definitely dodged a bullet there.

If I remember correctly this was largely due to Leon Crouch and Co

I went clubbing in The Box, I think it was called, on a work night once. It was decent but it's never the same as when you're out on the smash, pulling birds at your own uni.

Went to work the next day stinking of kebabs and booze. Wouldn't do that nowadays.

I know this is gonna go down like a fart in a lift but it was actually Lowe that rejected them. I vividly remember him saying that to all intents and purposes it was 1 of the worst deals ever.

Because it wasn't a high enough offer for his shares. The fact that the ruddy-cheeked bastard took us into administration just after the cut off date (meaning the points deduction would be applied the following season), shows that he didn't give a shit about the future of Saints (once it was clear he was off). Not to mention the earlier removal of Crouch-appointed Pearson, a move motivated by vindictiveness rather than what was best for the club.

Because it wasn't a high enough offer for his shares. The fact that the ruddy-cheeked bastard took us into administration just after the cut off date (meaning the points deduction would be applied the following season), shows that he didn't give a shit about the future of Saints (once it was clear he was off). Not to mention the earlier removal of Crouch-appointed Pearson, a move motivated by vindictiveness rather than what was best for the club.

Not a fan of Lowe at all but -

A) wasn’t the timing down to Barclays

B) surely he wound have got more from Sisu than from the subsequent admin outcome

Not a fan of Lowe at all but -

A) wasn’t the timing down to Barclays

B) surely he wound have got more from Sisu than from the subsequent admin outcome

A) No. He could've entered into it before the cutoff date. He made a pathetic excuse afterwards that he waited because the points deduction shouldn't apply, since it was the parent company that went into administration, not the club. Anyone with half a brain knew that it wouldn't fly with the Football League. And even if he really believed that it may work, why take the risk? It was a vindictive move, just like getting rid of Pearson.

B) He obviously thought we could avoid administration at that time.