Arsenal vs Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Clueless utter s****! No wonder we're going down. Good job Arsenal went to sleep after HT. A few question marks hovering over the Alps now.

No there aren't for goodness sake. He isn't perfect, if he was, he sure as heck wouldn't be here but he's the best we would ever have got in our situation. Having said that I was all for BFS.

He's a very, very negative manager. Winds me up that people can't see it.

One of my biggest gripes is everytime we concede a corner, he wants all 11 players to defend in the box - it just invites pressure.

To be fair the last 3 managers before him have also done that, wind some up no end. Might as well have redmond on the half way line to give them something to think about. H

Qbefemi lasted ten minutes then another five before he went down. I thought apart from being undone by Stephen's unsuccessful impression of VVD, getting dispossessed when we are in no trouble then immediately conceding two goals is unforgiveable. With the momentum of early goals we were on the back foot against a rampant Arsenal.

I thought this was one of our best games so far when it came to pressing the ball but we were too slow to move it forward. We looked better when we made the change to four at the back. JWP is still lightweight, he had a good share of the ball and gave a great service to the centre backs. His delivery was poor from dead ball situations and his shooting was poor. Elyanoussi had yet another forgettable game summed up with, was it a shot or a back pass at the end.

Gunn was fine and saved a couple of certainties. Valery is improving all the time, showed much more willingness to run at defenders out wide.. Target had a decent game, denied by a good save. Bednarek and Vestergaard were better as a two without Stephens. Romeu was ok but two remarks, he needs to sit in font of the back four, left too much space, has a tendency to be indecisive if given too long on the ball, just win it and give it. Austin needs the balls into the box but we did everything but. It's hard to believe we were trying to score. Redmond was lively but ran out of ideas with that great chance just before Arsenal scored. Armstrong worked hard and was unlucky to be sacrificed unlike Stephens. I was hoping it would be JWP not Armstrong. JWP just bounces off and misses too many chances to tackle for me.

Hasenhuttl made the right changes but one has to question Elyanoussi on the bench and why Yoshida didn't replace Stephens. Targett had a decent game but I'm wondering about Bertrand's match fitness.

Edited by derry

I thought apart from being undone by Stephen's unsuccessful impression of VVD, getting dispossessed when we are in no trouble then immediately conceding two goals is unforgiveable. With the momentum of early goals we were on the back foot against a rampant Arsenal.

Gunn was fine and saved a couple of certainties.

Hasenhuttl made the right changes but one has to question Elyanoussi on the bench and why Yoshida didn't replace Stephens. Targett had a decent game but I'm wondering about Bertrand's match fitness.

I've missed the Stephens balls up that lead to our undoing, although he has certainly racked his credits on that score against Burnley(perhaps unlucky) , and Cardiff (f'kin idiot). What did he actually do today ?

The second goal from what I saw on a highihghts clip was a mis-clearance by Gunn. It seems we have a team full of them, all capable of ballsing up.

Agree re the personnel changes required.

I've missed the Stephens balls up that lead to our undoing, although he has certainly racked his credits on that score against Burnley(perhaps unlucky) , and Cardiff (f'kin idiot). What did he actually do today ?

The second goal from what I saw on a highihghts clip was a mis-clearance by Gunn. It seems we have a team full of them, all capable of ballsing up.

Agree re the personnel changes required.

Yes but Gunn is the new sewpa-dupa hero in the world of goalkeeping. Yes he is he is he is he is.

Just before that Stephens came strolling out with the ball and lost it again which caused the pressure on Gunn.