Fulham (H) build-up thread

Pilchards

Play 4 (FOUR) at the back and no Jack Stephens then we might have a chance.

Fulham are shocking away from home while Saints are bloody dreadful

at home... sorry Saints are bloody dreadful fullstop.

IMHO failure to pick up three points here and we are almost down as no game gets easier than this.

Dangerous game for us. We have to win, they're all but f()cked and have some big game players who can handle pressure (or have shown that with the clubs they've been at in the past). We've lost a league high 17 points from winning positions this season.

Can't help but think 1-2 reverse.

I'm going to clutch at straws and presume that Ralph has a top secret, codeword: 'Downfall' strategy that he was working on in warm weather training, and today was a sacrifice match to misdirect our rivals.

But I'm clutching the straw so tight it's compressing into Weetabix. maxresdefault.jpg

Agree with a back four as we need an extra attacking player, but not sure we'll get it. Either:

McCarthy

Valery

Bednarek

Vestergaard

Bertrand

Hojbjerg

Romeu

JWP

Armstrong

Redmond

Austin

in a 4-3-3/4-2-2-2

McCarthy

Bednarek

Yoshida

Vestergaard

Valery

Hojbjerg

Romeu

Bertrand

Armstrong

Redmond

Austin

in a 3-4-3.

I look at our available strikers and immobile as he is, I still think Austin is our best source of goals.

This is simply a must win, and Fulham won't believe they're down yet, so they'll come out fighting. Win and they're as good as down with Huddersfield - then we only need to be better than one other team...if that's possible.

Must win game but Fulham will look at our striker options and fancy their chances.

The only thing that might work in our favour is the fact that a draw is no good for Fulham so they might have to open up a bit.

Long, Austin or Gallagher - how the **** has it come to this after the money that has gone through this club?

Babel's speed and strength, and Mitrovic's aerial power will be too much for our useless defenders, whether we play four, five or six at the back.

We just have to go for broke, try and get the minimum three goals we'll need to win. There's no way we're grinding out a 1-0.

Bring Yoshida and Bertrand back - get some experience in that defence.

Sims had a storming game for the u23s the other day (2 goals, 2 assists) so should be feeling confident. Get him involved. We can't keep wasting time on Elyounoussi - he's got nothing we want. We need someone who can run quicker than walking pace, who isn't Shane Long.

(4-2-2-2)

Keeper; Valery, Yoshida, Vestergaard, Bertrand; Romeu, Hojbjerg; Armstrong, Sims; Redmond, random striker tombola winner.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Babel's speed and strength, and Mitrovic's aerial power will be too much for our useless defenders, whether we play four, five or six at the back.

We just have to go for broke, try and get the minimum three goals we'll need to win. There's no way we're grinding out a 1-0.

Sims had a storming game for the u23s the other day (2 goals, 2 assists) so should be feeling confident. Get him involved. We can't keep wasting time on Elyounoussi - he's got nothing we want. We need someone who can run quicker than walking pace, who isn't Shane Long.

(4-2-2-2)

Keeper; Valery, Yoshida, Vestergaard, Bertrand; Romeu, Hojbjerg; Armstrong, Sims; Redmond, random striker tombola winner.

Good call - Redmond, Armstrong and Sims involved with Austin as a sub if needed. Four at the back including Bertrand and Yoshida. No Long, no Elynoussi, a long rest for Stephens and no start for Austin.

(4-2-2-2)

Totally agree.

I bet someone who’s playing Hampshire league standards could do a better job than any fit striker that we have at our club right now.

It’s a total mess that we have a headless chicken, carthorse and a championship reject as the only choices.

Must win game but Fulham will look at our striker options and fancy their chances.

The only thing that might work in our favour is the fact that a draw is no good for Fulham so they might have to open up a bit.

Long, Austin or Gallagher - how the **** has it come to this after the money that has gone through this club?

Unfortunately I can't see them being that naive. They'll be well aware of our frailties and know if they keep it tight opportunities will come, which they'll likely take. It's probably last chance saloon for them but with recent results (particularly at home) and upcoming fixtures, there'll also realise all the pressure is on us. Cardiff was certainly a 'must not lose' game, which of course...., but if ever there was a 'must win' game, then this is it.

If you consider yourself a fan of SFC (I'm not talking about the usual gobsh*tes that can be found on every home and away match thread that are never likely to ever go) then get there, do your bit and make a racket like you want us to turn this around.

With both defences I’m going for a 5-5.

I’d go with the second half side yesterday with Armstrong in for Obafemi if he’s injured and Bertrand replacing Targett.

Austin’s not ideal, but **** me he’ll score goals in the championship and their defence is championship standard. Get on the front foot early on, no pussy footing around.

As big as the Boscombe game last season, hopefully someone steps up like Tadic did that day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If we don't win I think its pretty certain relegation, its one thing struggling at home to park the bus the Cardiff who fluke a couple of set pieces, but Fulham cannot defend at all so if we can't score more goals than them we just deserve to go down.

Win or bust. Anything other than a win and we are just prolonging the inevitable. If we can't win this we simply don't deserve to survive; no disrespect to Fulham, just if you can't beat 2nd bottom at home...

Hope we go for it. Stephens out whatever happens. Wouldn't be averse to 4 at the back, but Mitrovic bullied us last time and we're just not very good.

Keeper

Bednarak, Yoshi, Vestergaard

Valery, Hoj, Romeu, Bertrand

Redmond, Austin, Armstrong

I'd go with this except maybe Bednarek instead of Vestergaard. I know Mitrovic is an aerial threat but Vestergaard isn't actually that combative, he's just tall. I worry that with 4 at the back Vestergaard is vulnerable due to his lack of pace. As for striker, I'd start with Gallagher if he's available and bring Austin on later. I'd love to have more faith in Austin as a starter but nothing I have seen in recent months suggests he is going to be a threat for more than about 20 minutes of the game, and that's put to better use if the defenders are also tiring.

If we don't win, we're as good as down I think.

---------------Gunn

Valery Bednarek Yoshida Bertrand

--------Hojbjerg Romeu-----------

JWP-------Redmond----Armstrong

------------Austin

So little pace in our side. Could stick Long on a wing. Such a championship side and no surprise we are where we are. How have we got to the point where thats our first XI - madness.

Win will hopefully put us back on track. Regardless of performance yesterday, I didn't really expect us to get anything more than a point.

But we really have to beat Fulham, then at least we have a bit of pressure off against United and Spurs. Be amazing if we could nick a win against either of those two, not out of the question but would certainly give us a boost.