Fulham (H) build-up thread

Pilchards

Five at the back, a midfield who pass backwards and sideways, Austin leading the line, Elyounoussi still making the bench... Optimism abounds.

Jesus, we're a mess.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Hopefully just enough to finish a above three other teams...but I wouldn't back on it. Looking at my local team, Norwich City, I think Saints would struggle.

Glad yoshi is in.

Disappointed gallagher isn’t starting. At least he’s on the bench this week.

5 at the back and 3 more defensively minded midfielders is a bit overkill. Armstrong for jwp would have been better imo.

Hopefully he’ll change sooner if it doesn’t work by half time or we somehow go behind.

JWP seems undroppable now, which is odd, Ralph seems to think he's an attacking midfielder - Armstrong can count himself unlucky. I'm disappointed Sims hasn't been given a place to liven up what is an attack lacking pace and movement. Do we really need 3 CB's at home against a side like Fulham?

6 defensive outfield players at home to Fulham....

Three central defenders again because Ralph knows Vestergaard isn't quick enough to play in a back four but he hasn't seen yet that Yoshida is. Once he has, Vestergaard can be replaced by a midfield player, like Sims or Armstrong. Apart from that, this looks like just about the best starting eleven we have available at the moment, although after they've been coached by Dave Watson, there are doubts about all of our goalkeepers.

Where is Sims?

Good question. Whilst Sims hasn't yet had chance to prove himself at Premier League level, he's always struck me as the kind of attacking/industrious midfielder that would suit Hassenhuttl's style of play. One can only assume that Ralph, having seen him in training, has come to the conclusion he's not up to Premier League standard. That said, Elyanoussi doesn't seem to be of Premier League standard either, so a tad baffling why Sims isn't given a go.

Austin running into channels lol.

In the final 1/3 Austin moves fine, he does make good runs and has a nose of the ball and goal. Its just the other 2/3 of the pitch that is issue :)

Against Fulham with this line up, we should have possession which means chances around the box, which is Austins thing

Another example of THE GREATEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD™, playing a game we have to win at home and setting up with a back five...

The biggest irony is that i'm desperate to win even though i hate the premier league with an absolute passion.

Three centre backs and three slow, fairly defensive central midfielders, at home in a must win game against the second worst team in the league. I so hope to be proved wrong, but have to say that team concerns me. Again.
It's hardly a surprise given how woeful we are in defence and our complete lack of useful attacking players.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

JWP seems undroppable now, which is odd, Ralph seems to think he's an attacking midfielder - Armstrong can count himself unlucky. I'm disappointed Sims hasn't been given a place to liven up what is an attack lacking pace and movement. Do we really need 3 CB's at home against a side like Fulham?

Exactly this. Too defensive minded, almost Puel-esque in going out not to lose, at home to Fulham....Ely is absolutely baffling, he must have some cracking photos....

Let's be fair we would need 3 CBs if we where playing St Swithin's 6th form girls B team and even then we would concede....

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk