Gender Dysphoria, MX and all that..

Crab Lungs

This has got my goat for a long time but what exactly is going on these days?

Non-binary, mx, dddfgender neutral - what is all this? Why are people identifying themselves as helicopters and why are there people advocating giving hormones to kids (pre-pubescent) because they feel a bit more female or male.

I couldn’t decide at 16 what I wanted to do with my life, let alone being four and switching genders.

Seriously... I’m just watching this awful panorama programme and I’m not feeling any sympathy for a lot of who is on there; all I’m hearing is the self-absorbed wailing of messed up kids and people enabling their flippant whims.

By all means, be who you are, smash who you fancy and be an individual.... but a some of this seems to be some form of deep-seated attention seeking from a very, very messed up generation.

And apparently...by enabling this is meant to solving issues. Don’t see it myself, I just see it creating more confusion and more of this weird, everyone is offended by everything snowflake culture.

It is also creating a paradox on the far left, since there are conflicts behind gender focus and identity, clashing with toxic masculinity, male tropes etc. I also think they need to drop the T from LGBT soon, since they don't really occupy the same space or face the same issues.

having said that I see it as fairly harmless - a very small percentage of people are affected, a very small percentage of children will grow up with serious mental health issues related to it, but there are plenty of more impactful social ills that will screw the future generations up much more than this. There is more noise about it than is warranted.

• 3 weeks later...