Man Utd v Saints Build-up

SuperSAINT

@SouthamptonFC: #SaintsFC boss Ralph Hasenhüttl confirms that @IngsDanny and @LeminaM_13 will not be ready for the trip to Old Trafford this weekend

If you look at their career records, this is as good a season as you could expect from both of them in terms of the number of league games they've been able to play 45 minutes or more in:

Ings

2018/19 15

2017/18 3

2016/17 0

2015/16 4

Lemina

2018/19 16

2017/18 21

2016/17 8

2015/16 7

Someone at our club should have noticed that that when they agreed to pay £15.4m for Lemina and £20m for Ings. I suppose at least they got more out of them than they did for the £20m they paid for Carrillo, whose career stats for 45 min+ league games should also have been noticed before that much was paid for him.

2018/19 15

2017/18 11

2016/17 6

2015/16 18

In future, one of the first criteria our recruitment department should look at before they pay a large transfer fee for a player is how many league games he's proved he can play over a season. Otherwise, we are left in a constant state of limbo waiting for expensive players to be fit enough to play games.

If you look at their career records, this is as good a season as you could expect from both of them in terms of the number of league games they've been able to play 45 minutes or more in:

Ings

2018/19 15

2017/18 3

2016/17 0

2015/16 4

Lemina

2018/19 16

2017/18 21

2016/17 8

2015/16 7

Someone at our club should have noticed that that when they agreed to pay £15.4m for Lemina and £20m for Ings. I suppose at least they got more out of them than they did for the £20m they paid for Carrillo, whose career stats for 45 min+ league games should also have been noticed before that much was paid for him.

2018/19 15

2017/18 11

2016/17 6

2015/16 18

In future, one of the first criteria our recruitment department should look at before they pay a large transfer fee for a player is how many league games he's proved he can play over a season. Otherwise, we are left in a constant state of limbo waiting for expensive players to be fit enough to play games.

Was Lemina's problem injuries or just not getting into a strong Juventus team though?

Also Ings had two long term injuries and medical tests showed that he was clear of these, so I'm not sure whether we could have predicted the spate of smaller injuries that he now seems to be prone to

Was Lemina's problem injuries or just not getting into a strong Juventus team though?

Also Ings had two long term injuries and medical tests showed that he was clear of these, so I'm not sure whether we could have predicted the spate of smaller injuries that he now seems to be prone to

If you look at the the thread at the time we recruited him, I think you'll find many posters here predicted exactly that. As for Lemina, he's always been a bit of a sick note, with spells out for inflammation, back trouble, ankle injuries and abdominal strain, especially in the winter months. But, he is a bit like Gaston Ramirez: just not cut out physically or mentally to play hard 90 minute league games regularly for a whole season.

@SouthamptonFC: #SaintsFC boss Ralph Hasenhüttl confirms that @IngsDanny and @LeminaM_13 will not be ready for the trip to Old Trafford this weekend

Might as well forget about both of them for the Spurs game as well, we then have a 3 week break to the Brighton game so aim to have them fit for that.

A week later we play Liverpool where bl00dy Ings can't play again due to parent club rule so he'll get another fortnight rest to Wolves. Lucky we're not relying on his goals for survival :mcinnes:

If you look at the the thread at the time we recruited him, I think you'll find many posters here predicted exactly that. As for Lemina, he's always been a bit of a sick note, with spells out for inflammation, back trouble, ankle injuries and abdominal strain, especially in the winter months. But, he is a bit like Gaston Ramirez: just not cut out physically or mentally to play hard 90 minute league games regularly for a whole season.

Lemina -

17/18 - Already with us

16/17 - missed four games with inflammation and one with flu, but otherwise available

15/16 - missed seven games with inflammation but otherwise available

https://www.transfermarkt.com/mario-lemina/leistungsdaten/spieler/170934/plus/0?saison=2016

This match could be an experience. Hoping to catch it in a Bangkok bar if anywhere is showing it. Given the large percentage of Man U fans who come from round there, may have a chance, but I could be in a minority in a Saints shirt.[emoji44]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Shouldn't Slattery be playing in the U23 game then if he doesn't make the bench tomorrow at the very least?

Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

I don't think he was in Wednesday's squad against Fulham, might have been on bench for Arsenal game though.

Shouldn't Slattery be playing in the U23 game then if he doesn't make the bench tomorrow at the very least?

Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

I don't think he was in Wednesday's squad against Fulham, might have been on bench for Arsenal game though.

I guess we earmark a few more than the 18 match day squad number for each game in case of last minute injuries, which is probably why the likes of Slattery didn't feature in either the last (and this) U23 squad nor the final 18 senior squad.

for some reason I am quietly confident in this game.

- I think the short rest after a big win is to the Saints advantage. The win is fresh in their minds. I don't think stewing on this game for an entire week would be an advantage to this squad.

- Man U is due for a loss. I doubt they think it is coming from the Saints.

- Man U will be looking ahead to the PSG next week as well as possibly resting players. Another advantage to having a Wednesday match last week. (are they going to want their best playing 3 matches in 7 days time?)

Prediction? Hasenhuttl sets us up defensively (especially in first half). Saints nick a goal in the 74th minute, and then squeaky bum time until the final whistle.

Saints 1 - 0 Man United

This match could be an experience. Hoping to catch it in a Bangkok bar if anywhere is showing it. Given the large percentage of Man U fans who come from round there, may have a chance, but I could be in a minority in a Saints shirt.[emoji44]

Gullivers travels - sukhumvit cant remember what soi tho

Since 13/14, only City have a better record at Old Trafford than we do.

Only 2 defeats since promotion and one of them was a pretty good performance just after Poch took over.

Weirdly, it’s much better than our home record, no wins since promotion.

Our biggest problem will be recovery from Wednesday evening when every player pretty much exhausted themselves physically and probably mentally. That was a game of huge intensity for our players, with the best will in the world trying to repeat that level of sustained effort on Saturday may be beyond most of our players especially he more experienced ones (i.e. older ones).

We should certainly go with the same XI (arguably the best we've got bar Ings) just to make sure we don't give away anything silly in the first phase of play of about 20 minutes. We scored twice against them at SMS and were unlucky not to win so maybe just maybe we can get something. Thye've been on a good run of late but all things come to an end

Soi Cowboy or Nana Entertainment Complex should have the balls.

Our biggest problem will be recovery from Wednesday evening when every player pretty much exhausted themselves physically and probably mentally. That was a game of huge intensity for our players, with the best will in the world trying to repeat that level of sustained effort on Saturday may be beyond most of our players especially he more experienced ones (i.e. older ones).

We should certainly go with the same XI (arguably the best we've got bar Ings) just to make sure we don't give away anything silly in the first phase of play of about 20 minutes. We scored twice against them at SMS and were unlucky not to win so maybe just maybe we can get something. Thye've been on a good run of late but all things come to an end

Bizarre logic imo, arguing players will be too tired to compete but then arguing but let’s play same 11 anyway.

Soi Cowboy or Nana Entertainment Complex should have the balls.
Plans scuppered by the after-effects of last night's food. Staying firmly put in hotel room, and mainly bathroom. [emoji2961][emoji2961][emoji3525][emoji3525]

Gunn

Valery Yoshida Vestegaard Bednarek Bertrand

Romeu PEH JWP

Redmond Austin

532 I think

Not how they’ve lined up before. Redmond and JWP have been playing behind Austin. And JWP has been playing on the right, not left.

It looks like Wolves have rotated their side quite a bit for their game against Cardiff....
That's blimmin' annoying. Wolves haven't won in the league since 2nd Feb and play their next game (away to Chelsea) in 8 days, so you'd have thought they would have gone at this one all guns blazing to secure a victory Edited by trousers

That's blimmin' annoying. Wolves haven't won in the league since 2nd Feb and play their next game (away to Chelsea) in 8 days, so you'd have thought they would have gone at this one all guns blazing to secure a victory

One would think Wolves' second string would be stronger than Cardiff's first.