Man Utd v Saints Build-up

SuperSAINT

Obviously expect to lose, 2 or 3-0, but Saints might surprise us and United have some injuries plus they play away to PSG on Tuesday so need to have one eye on that game.

We've had a decent record at Old Trafford last few years.

The big problem is up front whetre bith Long and Austin are unselectable.

Shows have far off Gallagher is that he doesn't get any game time ahead of these two.

Would start Long as Austin is too immobile, but wouldnt suprise me if RH added Armstrong for Austin as he clearly doesn't trust either CA or SL and really both should have left a long time ago.

Shows have far off Gallagher is that he doesn't get any game time ahead of these two.

Would start Long as Austin is too immobile, but wouldnt suprise me if RH added Armstrong for Austin as he clearly doesn't trust either CA or SL and really both should have left a long time ago.

Weird I thought Austin put a decent shift in tonight maybe I was watching a different game to you

I don’t believe it’s going to be anything other than boomerang long, followed by Austin 30 minutes unfortunately.

I’d love it to be gallagher but can’t see it. Obafemi got fit for about a second and got a chance, so clearly Ralph doesn’t fancy Sam.

Watched MOTD and saw the raw brutality of Drogba and Lukaku. Do we have anyone who can handle them? Yoshi will try but who else? I would love a draw but believe we are toothless up front. It wasn't the strikers who scored last night but two midfielders. Hope the united bubble bursts soon as I'm personally sick and tired of hearing all the verbiage from the media.

Reluctantly, it probably has to be Long in for Austin for this one. More suited to the chasing game we will want to play away to Utd. Keep Austin fresher for the home games and bring him on late if we are still in with a shout of getting something.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Weird I thought Austin put a decent shift in tonight maybe I was watching a different game to you
Austin did work hard last night but that doesn't really distract from the fact he really doesn't suit the pressing side of the game well he tries but he really never puts the opposition CBs under pressure. He also rarely wins the ball when we go long inviting pressure back on ourselves.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Watched MOTD and saw the raw brutality of Drogba and Lukaku. Do we have anyone who can handle them? Yoshi will try but who else? I would love a draw but believe we are toothless up front. It wasn't the strikers who scored last night but two midfielders. Hope the united bubble bursts soon as I'm personally sick and tired of hearing all the verbiage from the media.

DROGBA ?

Must have missed him coming out of retirement and signing for Utd :)

They have the CL fixture against PSG next Weds, is it too much to hope that thye may rest a few players ahead of that?

Even if they rest some players we are going to have our work cut out. A hammering will do us no good at all as far as confidence is concerned, so I expect Us to play a 1 9 1 formation.

Long will start and do his 60 minutes instead of Charlie the impact sub; I think we have more chance of getting a point from this game than Spurs at home for some reason - perhaps because of a feel good off a win and up to speed match wise rather than the lethargy v arsenal. Otherwise the same team.

I'd start Austin again and leave Long for the last half an hour.

We're more likely to be on the front foot, relatively speaking, in the first hour than the last half hour so we should have Austin on the pitch during that period.

Long is useful if we've got something to hold onto.

They have the CL fixture against PSG next Weds, is it too much to hope that thye may rest a few players ahead of that?

Just make a couple of crunching clean tackles early on and politely pull them to their feet saying “hope you’re ok, I would hate for you to miss the PSG game”.

Park the bus, there's no way we're winning this. United can be poor at breaking down compact, deep lying, hard working teams. If we can escape with a 0-0, it'll be a sensational result.

5-4-1. Gunn; Valery, Bednarek, Yoshida, Vestergaard, Bertrand; Romeu, Hojbjerg, Ward-Prowse, Armstrong; Redmond.

That's pretty much how we lined up at Arsenal, and things didn't exactly go well, so I wouldn't hold out too much hope...

I think Spurs at home is a better chance of an upset. They've been on the absolute limit all season, with multiple players having no rest since the World Cup and injuries piling up - the last few games they've looked out on their feet. I never thought they could maintain their "title challenge" as it was inevitable that they'd hit the wall at some point. It feels like that point has arrived.

They've obviously got some match winners up their sleeves, so it won't be easy, but with a fair wind and a bit of luck I can see us getting something.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Park the bus, there's no way we're winning this. United can be poor at breaking down compact, deep lying, hard working teams. If we can escape with a 0-0, it'll be a sensational result.

5-4-1. Gunn; Valery, Bednarek, Yoshida, Vestergaard, Bertrand; Romeu, Hojbjerg, Ward-Prowse, Armstrong; Redmond.

That's pretty much how we lined up at Arsenal, and things didn't exactly go well, so I wouldn't hold out too much hope...

If there's not much hope of the 'park the bus' approach working, then perhaps we've nothing to lose by going for a more gung-ho approach? Apart from goal-difference damage limitation I guess? I've always felt we've done better against the 'big 6' when we give it a go rather than sit back. (although, I accept that we arguably no longer have the calibre of offensive player required for a more positive approach)