Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player of the season so far?

Default Player of the season so far?

Who would you go for? More choices than last season that’s for sure. Redmond, JWP, Bednarek, Romeu or Hojbjerg surely? Can anyone nick it over the last few games?

Easily Redmond so far.

Redmond, with JWP and Bednarek coming up on the rails

Shane Long for me with Ryan Bertrand a close second.

Player of the season: redmond/bednarek
    Most improved:redmond
    Best signing:ings (still our top scorer)
    Most disappointing:Elyounoussi
    Breakthrough star:Valery

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

6. Default

Redmond with hoijbjerg a close 2nd

Bednarek for me. Made a mockery of the fact that Hughes didn't pick him.

Usually these things are subjective but this year if anyone doesn't say Redmond then they are actually wrong.

The only people remotely close would be Bednarek but he has only played half the season (not his fault) and Hojbjerg but he has missed too many games through stupid suspensions at key times.

We would be already relegated without Redmond. He has been consistently good, even more impressive as an attacker in a poor side and given what happened last year.

Hoedt or Stephens for mine.

Blog Entries

Ings could be our player of the season if he did not spend so much time in the treatment room.

Blog Entries

Bednarek for me.

Hesketh.

13. Default

Easily Redmond. He has been very good all season and he’s so vital for the team now.
    Bednarek, JWP and hoj obviously have improved a lot and been very good too but without Redmond we would have been doomed for sure.

Redmond has proved many doubters wrong this season.

Bednarek all day long

Quote Originally Posted by Avenue_Saint View Post
    Bednarek all day long
    Yes, or Hoj

I know we're still in a terrible position in the league, but do you remember last season? McCarthy won player of the season with no real challenge from any outfield player. It does make me appreciate RH's ability to coax good performances out of the players we have and we can see players visibly improving.
    Redmond, JWP and Bednarek are prime examples and each could be worthy by the end of the season.

Redmond

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    This

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Redmond. If the season started in November then JWP but it didn't.

JWP for me

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Classic View Post
    Redmond. If the season started in November then JWP but it didn't.
    I thought that to start with, then I realise JWP has caught up with him on chances created and over took him on league goals in half the game time, so had to go for JWP

Quote Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
    I thought that to start with, then I realise JWP has caught up with him on chances created and over took him on league goals in half the game time, so had to go for JWP
    Lol, you would go for JWP if he hadnyt played for a year

Bednarek ,Redmond ,Jwp and Hojbjerg all in with a shout so I'll leave my vote until a bit closer to the end of the season .

24. Default

Redmond, but JWP if he gets another 4 or 5 goals this season.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    Lol, you would go for JWP if he hadnyt played for a year
    i really don't think i would, how can some one who don't play win player of the year might happen in your world, but in the real world, it don't happen.

All entitled to have are own opinions, you think 3 league goals in 28 games played so far this season Redmond is player of the year playing as a 2nd striker. fair enough.

I think 4 goal CM in 16 games is more deserving.

Ofc the season is not over yet, still a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    Redmond, but JWP if he gets another 4 or 5 goals this season.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk
    Why does the CM need 10 goals for POTY while the 2nd striker / winger main attacking player who is responsible for creating and scoring goals ok at just 3?

Redmond has it in the bag already

JWP for me, massive improvement on his past form

Finally, we got a decent goalkeeper

30. Default

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Still this. (Not sure why I didn't name-check Hojbjerg though - he's in the mix too of course)

31. Default

Bednarek for me. But I don't expect him to win overall - being great at CB is less eye-catching than being an explosive goalscorer. Most likely Redmond will win any vote. Maybe JWP.

JWP for me
    Really? I'd never have guessed.

Do you have some stats to support your decision?

33. Default

Hojbjerg.

If hojberg had been suspended less (largely through his own stupidity at times) he would deserve it as been most consistent. But because of his absences, redmond gets my vote.

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

Bednarek for me. He has come from not even in the matchday squad to our best defender. Redmond a close, close, second really upped his game this season even before Ralph turned up.

Big fan of Bednarek, would he qualify for young player of the year? If not Valery should get that

Has to be Redmond though, has been the most crucial player for us. JWP and Hojbjerg with honourable mentions too

redmond

Redmond no doubt has upped his game by so much no more the whingeing tw8t just quality and dangerous to defences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) Redmond. Our most dynamic and positive player over the course of the season. Was good before RH came in but has taken his game to a new level since.
    2) Bednarek. Our defence was a mess beforehand, but he has steadied the ship and generally been a revelation. He is our best central defender and has serious potential. We will likely make a lot of money from him in a couple of seasons.
    3) PEH. Has stepped up to the mark this season when needed chipping in with some important goals. Very intelligent player and has led by example.

Honourable mention to JWP who has been one of the feel-good stories this season. What an incredible resurgence and looks like he is finally fulfilling the potential. Probably just a bit too late to crack the top three. Valery would totally deserve young player of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bednarek, JWP and Hojbjerg have all done well, albeit none for the entire season.

Redmond has played every league game, been our best player in many and our main attacking threat in pretty much all.

To come back from his situation last year shows massive character and professionalism.

Without him we would 100% be relegated and for me its not a difficult decision at all: he is clearly the POTS.

Redmond by miles. Even under Hughes' hopeless management he was playing way above the level of everyone else.

Great credit to him - he lost his head last season as his form and confidence crumbled, but he picked himself up over the summer and came back strongly.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

42. Default

Redmond, most improved player. First half of the season he was our most impressive, in a shower of ****, and the 2nd half he's gone up another notch.

Out of interest what do u guys think would be redmonds current value/price tag ?

44. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pimpin4rizeal View Post
    Out of interest what do u guys think would be redmonds current value/price tag ?
    Hard question to answer in today's market.

He's English, but not in the national team... so start at around £40m?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Hard question to answer in today's market.

He's English, but not in the national team... so start at around £40m?

40 mill for Redmond

Callum Hudson-Odoi for 40 million

Yep, Defo not 40 million, would say around 18 - 22, 25 million max if a club has competition for his signature.

Has to Redmond for me.

PEH has been very solid but seldom spectacular, and his suspensions didn't help. JWP has had a purple patch and showed some real development under Ralph but (despite what a certain someone thinks) doesn't influence enough games, at least outside of set pieces. Everton being a very obvious exception.

And bednarek has been our best defender and probably most improved player this season. Granted the competition for best defender isn't fantastic, but why on earth he wasn't in the team under Hughes will be a mystery never solved.

Pleased with valery and Gunn, Ings has proved he's a class above on the rare occasions he's made it onto the pitch, otherwise there's nobody worth a mention (saying that, somebody above mentioned Romeu ... why???)

I actually think Redmond is a bit over-rated (that's not to say I don't like him, just not as much as some on here). He doesn't get his head up enough to see the whole picture, impacting his decision making and execution of the the final pass / shot. But he excites, scares defenders, lifts the crowd, works tirelessly and has weighed in with some vital goals.

For me, it's not even a debate this season, he has put the work in and deserves this reward.

Redmond so far, JWP, Hoj maybe by end of season depending on final few games.

Redmond of course however, as a second choice outsider...Bednarek.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpin4rizeal View Post
    Must be £35m+ surely.

Be interesting how he does in a full season under Ralph. He got 7 or 8 under Puel and is far far better now, but held back by Hughes. If he's no longer the only attacking threat he'll get a lot more space, as Sims helped with on Saturday.

Redmond is good enough to be aiming for 12-15 goals. I can only see top 6 clubs bidding if he reaches that.

50. Default

40 mill for Redmond

Callum Hudson-Odoi for 40 million

Yep, Defo not 40 million, would say around 18 - 22, 25 million max if a club has competition for his signature.
    I'm aware £40m is mental! - Villa wanted £40m for Grealish a year ago.

Maddison went for £25m a year ago & lets be honest, prices haven't dropped.