Player of the season so far?

SNSUN

Between 30-40m without much of an issue I'd have thought, that would be the going rate.

As has been said, there is no sense with transfer fee's anymore. 30m would have given you a Rio or a Ronaldo back in the day, but 30m is now just an average/proven PL player price.

If you want a player of the level of Rio or Rooney or Ronaldo these days, you're looking at nearing £200m. So in this day and age 30-40m is a snip.

yeah I was thinking around 30-35 its a tough one though, as 30-40 million would probably get you a real quality winger from other leagues.

• 10 months later...

Going to be a tricky one this season I reckon.

It's human nature to vote for players that score a significant number of goals, so Ings ought to be a shoe-in, however Armstrong and JWP have been revelations during the middle third of the season and continue to be so. They have been as pivotal to our turnaround in form as Ings has IMO.

All that said, if Ings gets to 20 goals all bets will be off anyway, if they aren't already.

If its truly Player OF THE SEASON then there is no argument, Ings. He was the only bright spark when things were looking bleak. There have been a few who have shone in the last couple of months, Armstron, Stephens, JWP but none have been good for the entire season so far. Armstrong and Stephens weren't even in the team early on, JWP was absolutely awful back in late Autumn. Credit to all three who have turned things around massively but they don't deserve Player of the Season.