Weekend 2/3 March Other Games

Bad Wolf

It's next week we need West Ham to do well, if Cardiff don't pick up a win there I struggle to see them picking up a point until they play Fulham at home, as they have Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Burnley away.

Mores the pity then name isn’t Lukaku and the game wasn’t yesterday

It’s galling isn’t it. The week Salah tumbled in the box with very little contact and got a penalty we had 2 stonewallers ignored. Yesterday Aubamayang went down due to a gust of wind, no hesitation...penalty. Later we get nothing for 2 very good shouts for a penalty. Later on ref has no hesitation whatsoever in giving Utd a penalty after Rashfod pulled the old “I’ll just leave my trailing leg here” routine.

It’s hard enough for a small club with players that cost a fraction of the superstars we are playing to get ahead and keep the likes of Lukaku etc at bay. But for the way the games are refereed in favour of those superstars makes games like yesterday an exercise in futility.

It’s so frustrating, an equal playing field and we may well have got 3 points vs a massively superior team but instead put I all that great effort for zilch.

Might want to redefine what you understand as ‘stonewall’

Fair enough. But I see the big clubs get very weak penalties awarded every week and then what I consider to be a much better shout not given for us. There’s no consistency at all.

Fair enough. But I see the big clubs get very weak penalties awarded every week and then what I consider to be a much better shout not given for us. There’s no consistency at all.

Agree although Atwell is sh1t generally but if refs were good at spotting shirt tugs and giving them regularly then the players would stop. Smalling is always at it and don’t understand why refs don’t realise, even if reviewing after the game, and start clamping down in future.

Well done Everton, a win would have been better but that’ll do. I Definitely heard the Everton fans singing “always rhe victims it’s never your fault” in the second half. How can this be? It’s a great city full of wonderful people with great commaradery between the two sets of fans who are all families and friends.

It's next week we need West Ham to do well, if Cardiff don't pick up a win there I struggle to see them picking up a point until they play Fulham at home, as they have Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Burnley away.

They play Fulham away which may make it more difficult

Well done Everton, a win would have been better but that’ll do. I Definitely heard the Everton fans singing “always rhe victims it’s never your fault” in the second half.

They were, which just goes to prove despite their whinging that the song has absolutely nothing to do with the Hillsborough tragedy.

Why’s that? Don’t follow pal.

Because whenever there is a tragedy the two sets of supporters always stand side by side. Some of those who died came from families with Everton supporters. There is no way the people of Liverpool would turn on other people from the city over something as terrible as that. They are rivals, of course they are, but there isn’t a hatred like us and Pompey or Manchester and Liverpool.

Because whenever there is a tragedy the two sets of supporters always stand side by side. Some of those who died came from families with Everton supporters. There is no way the people of Liverpool would turn on other people from the city over something as terrible as that. They are rivals, of course they are, but there isn’t a hatred like us and Pompey or Manchester and Liverpool.

Eh?

He looked angry in the post match interview, he knew they'd mucked up and wasn't towing the party line. Klopp and Henderson came out with all the it's a tough game blah blah blah but Virgil knew they couldn't be dropping points like that.

A draw away to Utd is one thing, but Everton, even though its the derby have been poor all year really.

Their front three is not in good form, the pressure is clearly getting to them and they have no midfielder to pop up with like a 30 yarder or a clever pass to help them win when not playing that well.

They are IMO starting to show they are missing Coutinho.

Yes, I watched the game. Now to me, without having seen any Hawkeye or DRS like projections, the shot is going into the top corner of the goal. Kipkembe blocks it by increasing his body surface by flailing his arm and a penalty is the nailed on decision.

Qatar FC deserve everything they get, they're making a mockery of FFP and football in general. 600 million euros spent and the still can't beat United reserves.

New rules regarding handball coming in next season seems to suggest any defender who arms aren't by his side when trying to block a shot is going to get a handball against him.

"The big challenge is the position of the arm. When the arm is totally out of the body above the shoulder it should be penalised. If the defender is making the body bigger in order to block the ball it is not fair."

"It is different if the defender is challenging or playing the ball and it rebounds. But if he is looking to block a cross or a shot on goal and the player is trying to spread his body then it is a handball.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47471380

Not sure if I'm in total agreement a defender sliding to block a ball on the line, for example, is hardly likely to do so with his arms by his side.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I remember when Michael Svensson was sent off for a goalline handball against Spurs, he was sliding/falling to block the shot and had his arms out behind his body to break his fall (as anyone would). The ball went past his legs/body and hit his arm.

In that situation I wouldn't be against a penalty, since even if it's not deliberate, the ball is going in the net unless it hits the arm, but to send him off for something completely uninitentional was ridiculous.

Anybody just see the VAR penalty Utd just got vs PSG. I’d be pretty upset if that was against Saints. This is a really controversial moment in a huge game, we haven’t heard the end of this.

It was an easy decision, no question it hit his hand, no question he was "making himself big" to block the ball. Far more of a penalty than Cedric's for portugal, for example. I predict we will hear very little about it once Manu are out and a new competition has started.

"a game of football to determine the victors for this year at least, and indeed at most".

It was an easy decision, no question it hit his hand, no question he was "making himself big" to block the ball. Far more of a penalty than Cedric's for portugal, for example. I predict we will hear very little about it once Manu are out and a new competition has started.

"a game of football to determine the victors for this year at least, and indeed at most".

"hit his hand"?

It his his arm just above the elbow. His hands were shielded by his body in a completely natural position. It's difficult to see how he could have made himself less 'big' unless he had stuffed his arms down inside his shirt and grabbed both his testicloes at the same time.