Man United 3-2 Saints Reactions

Bad Wolf

So who would you pit in ahead of Redmond at the moment then?

Seriously, who else in our squad is capable of performing better than he is at the moment?

I couldn’t tell you, to be honest. Plus this late in the season fighting against relegation is not a point for experimenting so I’m not too sure.

Redmond has improved. But he’s somehow a major symbol that I think is misguided. Again, the guy works hard but his decision making and team play stunts the teams growth. Or at best slows team building and improvement down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I’m dead serious. There are some things they are good at, and they’re hard workers, but they’re decision making and marking (look at both lukaku goals) is a recurring problem.

Give others a chance and build upon newbies rather than relying on these two and I think the team becomes better exponentially.

Jesus wept, you stick to your sports and we’ll stick to ours.

Agree with all of this. We got robbed once again this time by Stuart Atwell. His incompetence to not award us at least one pen today has cost us at least a draw today. The whole team played great today and two great goals from Yan and Prowsey. Hopefully we can get a win next week against Tottenham hopefully with a decent ref in charge for once! Fuming right now with that ref!!

I actually think that it’s less about the penalties but about the consistent bias in the marginal decisions, and is a common theme against the big clubs, but especially at Old Trafford. Anything close to a 50-50 goes their way every time, which means every moment that might eventually develop into a chance for us gets nipped in the bud early, while they get the opportunity to continue to pressure.

Valery’s goal came after the blatant penalty, correct? So therefore the decision had no bearing on the game, however terrible. Obviously Young’s foul on Bertrand would have made a difference but Bertrand went down easily and I don’t think it was clear cut.

That brighton result wasn’t great for us. It’s Cardiff or us now I think but Cardiff’s run in is tricky and hopefully we can continue with the same team

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I couldn’t tell you, to be honest. Plus this late in the season fighting against relegation is not a point for experimenting so I’m not too sure.

Redmond has improved. But he’s somehow a major symbol that I think is misguided. Again, the guy works hard but his decision making and team play stunts the teams growth. Or at best slows team building and improvement down.

If you think Redmond is poor now I can’t imagine what you thought of him during Pellegrino’s reign

I tried to establish how any times we have conceded a lead and lose a game this season because of our own inadequacies but today it was the inadequacy of the (Referee) who lost us this. It's time they were brought to book as they always favour the top six clubs. We played well against the hype and should hold our heads high. We will never win against 12 men when one of them has the whistle.

That brighton result wasn’t great for us. It’s Cardiff or us now I think but Cardiff’s run in is tricky and hopefully we can continue with the same team

You’d expect them to beat Huddersfield at home, would have been a nice bonus if they hadn’t just as us getting anything at OT would’ve been an unexpected bonus.

Unfortunately neither went our way but they are still only 3 points ahead of us.

Huddersfield at home, hopes were never high. It’s our game at theirs which is critical.

I actually think that it’s less about the penalties but about the consistent bias in the marginal decisions, and is a common theme against the big clubs, but especially at Old Trafford. Anything close to a 50-50 goes their way every time, which means every moment that might eventually develop into a chance for us gets nipped in the bud early, while they get the opportunity to continue to pressure.

Valery’s goal came after the blatant penalty, correct? So therefore the decision had no bearing on the game, however terrible. Obviously Young’s foul on Bertrand would have made a difference but Bertrand went down easily and I don’t think it was clear cut.

If the pen is given he has to send him off, so I would argue that it would have made a huge difference. Not to mention the other foul on Bertrand in the area.

I tried to establish how any times we have conceded a lead and lose a game this season because of our own inadequacies but today it was the inadequacy of the (Referee) who lost us this. It's time they were brought to book as they always favour the top six clubs. We played well against the hype and should hold our heads high. We will never win against 12 men when one of them has the whistle.

We were worst in league before today.

Agree with all of this. We got robbed once again this time by Stuart Atwell. His incompetence to not award us at least one pen today has cost us at least a draw today.

This scenario happens too often to be coincidence (not just SFC but in general), this game typifies the PL. Teams like Saints have to work very hard to gain positions where our players are fouled in the box but penalties against the top 6, and Man U in particular, are rarely given. This refereeing bias is never really debated by the media cos they're all s**t scared of the backlash and mostly have vested interests. Man U may finish top 4 because of this result while winning f*** all, SFC may be relegated as its that close at the bottom.

Just because Brighton beat the worst team in the League at home doesn't mean they're safe yet.

Three things cost us the game;

We don't have a decent striker like Lukaku

Players exhausted after 65 minutes, too soon after Wednesday night

Bertrand told to be less aggressive in second half because of his caution for over enthusiastic play.

Apart from that a thoroughly decent performance that deserved at least a point and maybe 3

Oh well. Didn't expect to get anything beforehand, and the pressure we were under in the first 5 minutes I thought it was going to be a long afternoon.

So to play well and get within a minute or two of drawing was a nice surprise.

Yes, it's annoying that we gave away yet another late goal, but Man U have done that to better teams than us recently, and it's not like it was a horrific mistake that lead to the goal - it was a brilliant turn and finish from a tight space and you can't really point the finger of blame at anyone in our defence. Lukaka just loves scoring against us it seems - 8 goals in 12 games!

I thought Redmond was brilliant but he can't do it all on his own. We need Ings back badly cos Austin was once again completely ineffective. I thought Armstrong did well when he came on.

Two very good goals - Valery's especially.

Terrible refereeing. Had he given us at least one of those penalties in the first half it could/would have been a very different story. And it was inevitable he would give one to Man U after the slightest touch. Probably the right call - was clever from Rashford to stick his leg out and make sure that Armstrong contacted with him instead of the ball, but where's the consistency? If he gives that he has to give the ones in our favour as well. Very poor.

At least we marginally increased our gap on Cardiff by way of goal difference.

Agree with all this. Super deserved a point from this terrific performance - unfortunately, predictably end up with no points. In our position, playing badly and stealing a draw would have been better...

Hopefully we can carry this performance through to the Spurs game and get some points this time.

Absolutely gutted to lose like that but so proud of the team, they all put in a great shift and that performance should give us belief that we can stay up.

Have to say JWP is finally starting to look like a proper player who knows his role in the team, and an England call up wouldn't be undeserved.

Valery continuing to improve and grow in confidence game by game, cracking goal.

Well played Saints, hold your heads high.

Burnley for the drop imo. That early season Uefa start will catch up on them.

Just because Brighton beat the worst team in the League at home doesn't mean they're safe yet.

Um. Yes. I know. But we can’t afford to have to beat Huddersfield on the last day. My blood pressure can’t cope

Um. Yes. I know. But we can’t afford to have to beat Huddersfield on the last day. My blood pressure can’t cope

Just think if we get an Aguerro type winner at 90+4 mins.

Sorry if already mentioned, but that's 20pts dropped from winning positions. We could be 7th!

Repeating everyonelse, defence is clearly a major concern.

If we don't reinforce for next season then we're screwed.

Luckily things seem to be working out for Hoedt so a sale there which should help bring someone else but no idea who. Shame Soares will be coming back so we can't exactly get Maehle in. Thank God we have Valery.

Before the game I feared a drubbing so I feel like I should be pretty pleased with our performance..... yet I feel totally gutted and I want to punch the ref in the face hard...

Might not be the wisest thing you've ever thought of doing, these refs are pretty fit and athletic and can probably give as good as they would expect to get.

Three things cost us the game;

We don't have a decent striker like Lukaku

Players exhausted after 65 minutes, too soon after Wednesday nights

Bertrand told to be less aggressive in second half because of his caution for over enthusiastic play.

Apart from that a thoroughly decent performance that deserved at least a point and maybe 3

Only one thing contributed to our loss today Charlie. The bias of the man in the middle.

If the pen is given he has to send him off, so I would argue that it would have made a huge difference. Not to mention the other foul on Bertrand in the area.

Ok fair enough, I didn't see the first penalty shout so wasn't aware it was also a red card (although doesn't 'double jeopardy' mean it wouldn't be?)

Yes I’m dead serious. There are some things they are good at, and they’re hard workers, but they’re decision making and marking (look at both lukaku goals) is a recurring problem.

Give others a chance and build upon newbies rather than relying on these two and I think the team becomes better exponentially.

You must be utterly out of your mind?

Redmond was superb, tireless pressing, worked the ball out of our half to take pressure off us, some nice link up play with Bertie. His shooting is a bit hit and miss but who’d you replace him with?

Yoshi is far better than Stephens and had he played in the Burnley and Cardiff games we’d be relaxing and chatting about transfer targets and looking forward to a preseason and full season of RaHa in the Premier League.

Yoshida stood off Lukaku for the last goal, If he had got closer he could have blocked him. It was disappointing in a way but we did well. It won't do us any harm standing up to good teams even if like today the result goes against us. It will help to raise our performance next time out. Play well against Spurs and we can carry that forward.

I do think we backed off too much in the last twenty minutes. I do feel we should have packed in front of them and pressed the ball in the last ten minutes. We probably played too well in the last ten minutes and left ourselves too open. We gave them the space to get at our back line.

Was anyone else annoyed when we equalised? I can live with the 2-1 defeats but dragging it back like that so they could lose it again with 2 minutes left is like a cat toying with a half dead mouse.

Hahaha. It's mental but I actually agree. We equalised and 5 mins later after the adrenaline goes, you know exactly how it's going to go.

Very rare to walk out of a stadium after a Saints defeat and not be looking for a cat to kick!

Played well - as for comments about Maya standing off Lukaku with a 12th man clown of a ref like that, it does make players wary of even breathing on the oppos.

Pleased for young Valery to open his account with an absolute screamer!!

Excellent performance from the whole team today, gonna have to reevaluate my relegation prediction soon. Must've been a good day for golf as well. Bonus.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Do batman and Glasgow room together?

Very unlucky not to get at least a point today. Unfortunately the gutless referee decided that he would have an easy afternoon at Old Trafford by giving virtually every decision in Utd's favour and denying us two good penalty shouts. These type of referees are absolute cowards who prefer to meekly submit so as not to incur the wrath of the home crowd. It is high time such lack of moral fibre was highlighted by downgrading these biased officials who would rather appease the home fans than give fair and impartial decisions. A disgraceful performance from the referee and I hope he is hauled across the coals for it.

Predictably Man U get all the decisions and we are left feeling deflated !

Really impressed by the intensity and application (coupled with two great goals) so no way to be critical !!

Still optimistic that we will stay up !

COYS

Good atmosphere in the away end. United fans silent until they scored. Ground full of tourists, you’re just a ground full of tourists.

Two cracking goals, ref and one of the linos both absolutely shocking. Gutted to lose but proud of the performance.

The poster who said Redmond shouldn’t be playing needs glasses. Great moment when Valery put on the afterburners and cruised past Pogba like he wasn’t there. Against some stiff competition Valery my MOTM - what a hit son!