Saints v Spurs - Build-up

SuperSAINT

Could really do with something from this with Cardiff playing West Ham.

Think Spurs have a few players returning for this one too.

West Ham will see off Cardiff. The Sala effect has well and truly worn off after our match and with Bamba out it’ll be more difficult.

Absolute bogey team for us at St. Mary's since we got promoted.

yep, just the 2 draws and 4 defeats against them since promotion.

On that basis, going to predict a 1-0 win to Spurs, but no doubt we'll have our fair share of chances without really scoring. I bet it will be Kane who scores too.

Absolute bogey team for us at St. Mary's since we got promoted.

It means nothing we are a completely different side now playing in a completely different way. With a week's rest for us but not for them our high intensity pressing game could overwhelm them especially if they get toasted by Dortmund. 2-2 is my call.

It means nothing we are a completely different side now playing in a completely different way. With a week's rest for us but not for them our high intensity pressing game could overwhelm them especially if they get toasted by Dortmund. 2-2 is my call.

The stats could prove me wrong but, historically, we seem to play better the shorter the gap between our games...?

Wouldn't say that with much confidence considering Dortmund have won just once in seven. Hopefully you're right; preferably they win 3-0 in 90 minutes so it goes to extra time...

The stats could prove me wrong but, historically, we seem to play better the shorter the gap between our games...?

debatable really I'd say- sometimes we look more tired after we play quick games in succession, and then other times it looks like when we don't play a competitive match for more than a week instead of expecting a freshened team, in the same vein, it's like we have forgotten how to play football.

I would say that much of that debate depends on a number of factors, such as whether the break is one as a result of no game, or whether its an international break, the quality of the upcoming opposition and even the last few results preceding the break to determine the momentum.

I don't think there is a clear cut answer!

Their form is scratchy at best, they seem low after the title challenge has slipped away from them, when they were always 4-6 points away from the top there was always hope for them but now that is gone and they seem to have lost a bit of edge.

Plus they have to play Dortmund away, though they are 3-0 up and Dortmund are in terrible form, but still this probably the best chance we have of beating them. If Dortmund somehow turn around that tie it would destroy them I reckon. I can't see them resting anyone for that, can you imagine resting people in a Champions league knock out game away to the Bundesliga leaders, if they went out then their fans would go mental. So hopefully a hard game, that Dortmund at least wins on the night, would be great for us.

They also struggled against Arsenal's counter attack at the weekend so hopefully Ralf has noticed this.

Same team in for us, unless Ings is fit I'd start him over Austin obviously.

Their form is scratchy at best, they seem low after the title challenge has slipped away from them, when they were always 4-6 points away from the top there was always hope for them but now that is gone and they seem to have lost a bit of edge.

Plus they have to play Dortmund away, though they are 3-0 up and Dortmund are in terrible form, but still this probably the best chance we have of beating them. If Dortmund somehow turn around that tie it would destroy them I reckon. I can't see them resting anyone for that, can you imagine resting people in a Champions league knock out game away to the Bundesliga leaders, if they went out then their fans would go mental. So hopefully a hard game, that Dortmund at least wins on the night, would be great for us.

They also struggled against Arsenal's counter attack at the weekend so hopefully Ralf has noticed this.

Same team in for us, unless Ings is fit I'd start him over Austin obviously.

Arsenal's counter attacking abilities are probably a little bit scarier than ours though [emoji6]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

True, I'm sure. We always seem a bit dozy after a long break.

We certainly do, be good if we could squeeze in a friendly game like the one WGS sorted out v Bayern Munich (I think) all those years ago, when the club thought one man and his dog would turn up and it ended up being a very over full house. Just to keep the competitive engine ticking over........... that said with Internationals being played in the next big break hopefully a few will be called up and they will be a bit more match ready for Brighton.

Arsenal's counter attacking abilities are probably a little bit scarier than ours though [emoji6]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Considering it was Ramsey who got their breakaway goal and he is not exactly rapid, I think any of our midfielders or attackers would probably be fine.

And almost every time we've played them at home there has been a biased referee including our not so supportive Kevin Friend and the great ****tenberg!

Haven't changed my opinion of Clattenberg but in an article today he reckons we should have had TWO penalties. Easy to see on a Video replay but at the time we all said 'Penalty'! But to no avail.

A point would be huge, especially with a better GD than Cardiff as they'd need a win and a draw more than us just to go ahead of us over the rest of the season. (If that makes sense...)

Spurs have looked a little jaded of late and their title hopes are over. It's a good time to be playing them. If Burnley can beat them...

I think we have a shot on two counts. Firstly, they're physically spent right now and we can surely out work them.

Secondly, even at their best they tend to struggle against the high press - they like passing slowly and sideways along the backline and in midfield. We can hustle them into mistakes.

Obviously they're super strong up front, so it'll be hard to keep them quiet, but I feel like we've got a much better chance of getting a positive result from this game than we ever had going to United.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

With any luck, Dortmund will take them to ET tonight and wear them out. If we are still ahead of Cardiff by Saturday 5pm then we're in a good position to get away.

And hopefully they'll pick up a couple of injuries too , Although it would be nice to beat them at full strength!

Poch given 2 match touchline ban.
Shouldn't imagine it'll make much difference.

Seems harsh for a manager with an otherwise exemplary record - he must be one of the most level-headed, respectful managers in the game. I guess Mike Dean can provoke even the coolest customers.

Thought a slap on the wrists was on the cards. Would've been for Klopp...

Shouldn't imagine it'll make much difference.

Seems harsh for a manager with an otherwise exemplary record - he must be one of the most level-headed, respectful managers in the game. I guess Mike Dean can provoke even the coolest customers.

Thought a slap on the wrists was on the cards. Would've been for Klopp...

Rumours Dean told Poch "There goes your trophy hopes" or something along those lines , Not that I believe that because I've always thought him very biased towards Spurs

Any news on Ings? All very well a full back and midfielder (set piece free kick) scoringin our last few games time for the forwards to lend a hand...

Don't think I've seen him in training yet.

Not sure we should risk him with a 3 week break after this game.