Keith Flint

benjii

Another high-profile male suicide. :(

I was a teenager from the mid 90s so was a bit young to see the messier side of rave culture when The Prodigy were making a name for themselves to begin with, but I was well into my music and Jilted Generation and Fat of the Land were massive albums for me.

As I got a bit older, I observed that you could play a Prodigy track at just about any club night - dance, metal, alternative - and you'd get a full dance floor. Great live band with some genuinely iconic tracks. Those two classic albums still sound fresh and much more interesting than most music since.

Another high-profile male suicide. :(

I was a teenager from the mid 90s so was a bit young to see the messier side of rave culture when The Prodigy were making a name for themselves to begin with, but I was well into my music and Jilted Generation and Fat of the Land were massive albums for me.

As I got a bit older, I observed that you could play a Prodigy track at just about any club night - dance, metal, alternative - and you'd get a full dance floor. Great live band with some genuinely iconic tracks. Those two classic albums still sound fresh and much more interesting than most music since.

Agreed! RIP Keith

Yep, extremely sad news. Remember hearing No Good at our year 5 school disco and then going out the next day with my parents and getting them to buy MFTJG.

Very sad, although I have to say their best stuff was when he wasn't on the vocals...

I agree somewhat Jeff. I'm a massive Prodigy fan, but I can easily skip Firestarter and Breathe. The others are better, but those two stick out as weak tracks, for me. Omen is at the other end of the scale though.

That said, Keith was a massive part of the band and they wouldn't be what they are without him. The energy and showmanship he had on the occasions i saw them stand out. I mean, the atmosphere was phenomenal, but he was such a presence. His antics were as much a part if the show as the music was. Absolutely not taking anything away from the others though, just that this is a KF testimonial.

Sad news and sad circumstances. Him and The Prodigy have been the biggest musical aspect of my life for nearly three quarters of it. Will be missed. Thoughts to his family and friends.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by saintmonkey1979

Gutted. RIP Keith. It feels like a huge part of my youth has died with him.

I can still remember the excitement I felt hearing Everybody in the Place for the first time at what was then the Escape club as a teenager in 1992.

The Prodigy are utterly unique in the way they appealed to both ravers and metal heads in equal measure, and Keith's on-stage persona was a huge influencing factor in that.

Saw Prodigy in Folkestone back in the early 90s! Was amazing as a young teen and been a massive fan since. They were in Perth a few weeks back but decided not to go for two reasons, $200 a ticket for one but the fact I didn't want to remember them as middle age guys bouncing around - prefer remembering them in their early days! I wish I did attend now that he has gone :/

RIP Keith.