Benali's next big challenge

jawillwill

Went to the Guildhall last night to see him arrive,

I think only Matt Le Tissier with an association with the club was there to welcome him home.

Shame really.

No Civic dignitaries either.

Franny really shows the Spirit of Southampton to the best degree.

I am not one to promote the distribution of honours but if anyone earns one it is definitely Franny!!

How about TSW awarding Fran a spot on our website banner above? There's room, and he is one of the very best of Saints.

Apparently there is a Facebook campaign to get him recognised in the honours list

If Alan Knight can get a MBE for playing for one team then Frannie should at least replicate this for the same arrangement plus a little extra (ie raising some coinage for cancer research)

Brilliant. Would be very nice to see Saints add a bonus.

Am I right in thinking Saints gave £20k in one of the earlier attempts? TBH, I was a little disappointed that more PL and then PL & Champ clubs didn't help. Maybe I am a bit biased as he is Saints, but if all PL clubs chipped in £20k, then he would easily have reached his target, and let's face it, cancer is something that affects us all.

According to Wiki, football management agency, with MLT.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

He also owns a bit of rental property too, when him and Matty were a bit persona non grata at SMS in the time of Cortese, most of that animosity stemmed from Cortese being a tenant and allegedly pretty much trashing the place through redecorating and changing stuff and refusing to pay for reparations. Something like £15k was a number I seem to recall.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...