Ross Wilson - Why is he still employed by Saints?

Dusic

Somewhat baffling.

We go into a huge summer recruitment wise, regardless of what division we are in, with the same person who has under performed massively on recruiting players for the past three years.

An odd one, and no sign of these new roles Krueger referred to in his latest round of interviews.

ebdc6b0715aaa7e83cd23ca299885e12.jpg

You are actually expecting us to do much business in the summer? I predict another attempt to off load our under performing high earners (that no one wants) a token cheap player to try and appease Ralph and loads of PR about our great academy players stepping up... I imagine the board think wee Ross can handle that.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

You are actually expecting us to do much business in the summer? I predict another attempt to off load our under performing high earners (that no one wants) a token cheap player to try and appease Ralph and loads of PR about our great academy players stepping up... I imagine the board think wee Ross can handle that.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

We will probably sell hojbjerg and Bertrand abd lemina too. I reckon our team will be

Gunn

Valery/new rb yoshida bednarek new cb new lb

New rm jwp romeu

Redmond new striker/ings

I’ve not exactly sat in the fence on this one in the past. Not sure what is going on, but this fella is way out of his depth - he’s been portrayed as the Doogie Howser of recruitment but the reality is his history is nothing special and he lacks the experience and skills needed for the role. If you combine this bloke with our new external perception - relegation strugglers with no money - I can’t see us doing much good in the transfer market. At least our youth dev is showing signs of recovery.

To the comment about just needing someone to sell players - well he has shown he can’t do that either - we perennially have to loan out duds as we can’t get them off the wage book, and undersell anyone good (VVD exception - but that was only due to Gao refusal to sell - not Ross).

I’m gobsmacked that with our intention to be a self funded business - we are happy with this pound shop character in charge of the most vital part of it. We merrily pay average players £40k a week - why wouldn’t we pay that for someone good in this role (and build a team round him on similar wages) who could make a fundamental difference.

He may have potential - but he should take a junior role and get someone capable in charge.

Perfect fit for our business model. Whilst we should be proud Paul Mitchell has gone onto champions leagues clubs and been linked with man united dorector of football job he Was a downgrade on his predecessor, is probably cheap and also some on what’s got to wear Kruger’s old suits. Replicating what we’ve done on the pitch off it.

I’m still wondering what’s happening to Les Reeds replacement. Kruger said they’d spilt the role out as one person couldn’t replace les but 5 months on not a whisper.

Why is Wilson still here...we don’t have enough cash to sack him or replace Les and build a fanzone ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you suggesting the fanzone is a higher priority to the board then resolving the internal structure of the football club!

Are you suggesting the fanzone is a higher priority to the board then resolving the internal structure of the football club!

Just me being facetious really but I have zero faith in their ability to recruit what’s required.

Wilson was on the old board, what did we achieve recruiting in January?

Not one player worldwide we could get in on loan that would improve the squad?

It’s me being flippant after Steele mentioning it recently reminds me of Lowe.

The only thing that matters is the football side not match day experience and we seem to forget that.

Also more worrying is he is also in charge of contract negotiations. Been very quiet on this front - aside from a couple of youth players we’ve done nothing here, I’ve no idea what their strategy is on this - are they trying to run everyone’s contracts down in case we go down ? On second thoughts I’m glad he’s not making any decisions - we’d probably see extensions for Moi, Long and Austin. I’d be hoping that we are trying to secure new contracts on sellable assets we’d ideally keep - Bednerak, JWP, Valery, Bertrand and Redmond (can’t think of anyone else to be honest I’m that bothered about)

His record is pathetic.

With major surgery to the squad required for either an improved premier league season, or a championship rebuild, I have very little faith in Wilson to do a good job.

Wilson out either way and Kruger must walk if we go down.

He has had success stories, these were all signed in his time...

van Dijk

Bednarek

Redmond

Romeu

Hojbjerg

Lemina

Gunn

Vestergaard

Plus numerous academy level signings.

The one at the top is a success story, the others are - at best - inferior to the players they replaced, with the probable exception of Gunn.

Van dijk hardly came out of nowhere - he was highly regarded for years.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say if again - I could give Ralph a far better list of players both ability wise and budget wise than 20 weirdos sat on Apple Macs watching the trajectory of players runs and how many times they fart during a game.

There’s hundreds of players out there who could improve the squad, probably thousands, and we don’t have to spend upwards of 10m for them.

Yet we persist with loading up the latest version of FM on a small database and filtering the value 20m and lower and randomly pick from there.

van Dijk

Bednarek

Redmond

Romeu

Hojbjerg

Lemina

Gunn

Vestergaard

Are Lemina and Vestergaard success stories?

Would Bednarek get in a top 8 side?

That’s where we should be aiming with Ralph.

Romeu is my favourite so he qualifies disgustingly treated by Hughes.

van Dijk

Bednarek

Redmond

Romeu

Hojbjerg

Lemina

Gunn

Vestergaard

Do you think overall that Wilson's recruitment has been successful?

Ross Wilson's story is he was he was hopeless at football at school but his best friend's dad was involved with a Scottish football team whose own son didn't want to write a report on his dad's club's youth team so he asked his best mate, Ross Wilson to do it. Then, Ross Wilson met his hero, Les Reed, at a conference. The rest is history.