Weekend 9/10 March Other Games

SuperSAINT

I think we can say this just about every week, but some monster games this weekend for us. I hate West Ham (Please win, West Ham).

SATURDAY:

Crystal Palace v Brighton

Cardiff City v West Ham United

Huddersfield Town v Bournemouth

Leicester City v Fulham

Newcastle United v Everton

Southampton v Tottenham Hotspur

Manchester City v Watford

SUNDAY:

Liverpool v Burnley

Chelsea v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Arsenal v Manchester United

A draw or worse for Cardiff is all I care about really. I've given up hoping we get a result so Cardiff not winning is basically a good weekend for me.

Football weekends are weird at the moment. I absolutely hate losing, but if Cardiff lose too, I'm so much happier.

I'm sure they are going to turn West Ham over tomorrow.

I can't imagine after losing to Cardiff that we will have played Arsenal / Utd / Spurs afterwards & somehow be above them.

So what are we looking at?

Wins for:

Saints

Palace

W Ham

Everton

Liverpool

I reckon Fulham and Huddersfield are gone but Bournemouth and Leicester can add another nail if need be.

I wouldn’t get too excited about Fulham just yet, when we played them the other week as soon as we scored you could see all the glue falling out of their joints, one of my bosses has a Fulham season ticket and he knew exactly what I meant as he had seen the same week after week. He said last Sunday, despite losing, it was a different Fulham out on the pitch, and it wasnt just him saying that. The normally empty stands at full time were still pretty full of fans applauding them off the pitch.

We just have to get on and do our job for the rest of this season, as gifts from elsewhere are likely to be a bit thin on the ground.

Cardiff v West Ham will be a funny one as West Ham can be a bit flakey, that said Bamba is a loss for Cardiff.

Palace in the form they are in likely to beat Brighton who struggled v Huddersfield

Newcastle v Everton is another funny one depending on which Everton turns up

Liverpool v Burnley, can see an upset there, Liverpool are having a wobble and Burnley are the last team they will want to play, Sean Dyche teams might not play the prettiest football but it’s dogged and effective, with goals scored from hard graft.

Leicester V Fulham could be interesting, New Manager v New Manager all depends who has been the most effective in training this last week.

We play like we did last Saturday and we are more than in with a shout.

I wouldn’t get too excited about Fulham just yet, when we played them the other week as soon as we scored you could see all the glue falling out of their joints, one of my bosses has a Fulham season ticket and he knew exactly what I meant as he had seen the same week after week. He said last Sunday, despite losing, it was a different Fulham out on the pitch, and it wasnt just him saying that. The normally empty stands at full time were still pretty full of fans applauding them off the pitch.

We just have to get on and do our job for the rest of this season, as gifts from elsewhere are likely to be a bit thin on the ground.

Cardiff v West Ham will be a funny one as West Ham can be a bit flakey, that said Bamba is a loss for Cardiff.

Palace in the form they are in likely to beat Brighton who struggled v Huddersfield

Newcastle v Everton is another funny one depending on which Everton turns up

Liverpool v Burnley, can see an upset there, Liverpool are having a wobble and Burnley are the last team they will want to play, Sean Dyche teams might not play the prettiest football but it’s dogged and effective, with goals scored from hard graft.

Leicester V Fulham could be interesting, New Manager v New Manager all depends who has been the most effective in training this last week.

We play like we did last Saturday and we are more than in with a shout.

Fulham are relegated. Even if they win today they are relegated. They aren't going to get 18-20 points in 9 games.

West Ham are an odd team at the moment. If they show up against Cardiff they should win because they have way more talent in their side. But what will their motivation be given that they are in a safe position in the league? How much do they care about pushing on for a potential 7th place finish?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

So what are we looking at?

Wins for:

Saints

Palace

W Ham

Everton

Liverpool

I reckon Fulham and Huddersfield are gone but Bournemouth and Leicester can add another nail if need be.

Not sure we’ll ever reach a point in the season where I’m hoping for a Liverpool win...

Doesn’t matter really, it’s all about Cardiff.
Quite. But mainly it's on us. There far far too many posts on here fannying on about what Brighton or Palace or Newcastle are doing, like they are all going to commit suicide to allow us to stay up.

We really needed a point from the two games vs United/Spurs. So we could do with a point today which guarantees 17th for a couple of weeks.

Quite. But mainly it's on us. There far far too many posts on here fannying on about what Brighton or Palace or Newcastle are doing, like they are all going to commit suicide to allow us to stay up.

We really needed a point from the two games vs United/Spurs. So we could do with a point today which guarantees 17th for a couple of weeks.

Totally agree.

I think it is make or break for Cardiff today. West Ham have been crap away recently. 1 point from the last 15. Cardiff have a nightmare fixture list remaining. Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Utd etc. The only games they have that you think they could get points from are West Ham, Fulham, Burnley and Palace. Burnley away is a tough fixture for everyone so can't see them winning that one. Fulham away you could see them winning. Palace you never know and West Ham you never know. But I think if they lose today and take another battering that will be it for them.