Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 93

Thread: Weekend 9/10 March Other Games

Hybrid View

  1. Default Weekend 9/10 March Other Games

    I think we can say this just about every week, but some monster games this weekend for us. I hate West Ham (Please win, West Ham).

    SATURDAY:
    Crystal Palace v Brighton
    Cardiff City v West Ham United
    Huddersfield Town v Bournemouth
    Leicester City v Fulham
    Newcastle United v Everton
    Southampton v Tottenham Hotspur
    Manchester City v Watford

    SUNDAY:
    Liverpool v Burnley
    Chelsea v Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Arsenal v Manchester United

  2. Default

    So what are we looking at?

    Wins for:

    Saints
    Palace
    W Ham
    Everton
    Liverpool

    I reckon Fulham and Huddersfield are gone but Bournemouth and Leicester can add another nail if need be.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    So what are we looking at?

    Wins for:

    Saints
    Palace
    W Ham
    Everton
    Liverpool

    I reckon Fulham and Huddersfield are gone but Bournemouth and Leicester can add another nail if need be.
    I wouldn’t get too excited about Fulham just yet, when we played them the other week as soon as we scored you could see all the glue falling out of their joints, one of my bosses has a Fulham season ticket and he knew exactly what I meant as he had seen the same week after week. He said last Sunday, despite losing, it was a different Fulham out on the pitch, and it wasnt just him saying that. The normally empty stands at full time were still pretty full of fans applauding them off the pitch.

    We just have to get on and do our job for the rest of this season, as gifts from elsewhere are likely to be a bit thin on the ground.

    Cardiff v West Ham will be a funny one as West Ham can be a bit flakey, that said Bamba is a loss for Cardiff.
    Palace in the form they are in likely to beat Brighton who struggled v Huddersfield
    Newcastle v Everton is another funny one depending on which Everton turns up
    Liverpool v Burnley, can see an upset there, Liverpool are having a wobble and Burnley are the last team they will want to play, Sean Dyche teams might not play the prettiest football but it’s dogged and effective, with goals scored from hard graft.
    Leicester V Fulham could be interesting, New Manager v New Manager all depends who has been the most effective in training this last week.

    We play like we did last Saturday and we are more than in with a shout.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy Saint View Post
    I wouldn’t get too excited about Fulham just yet, when we played them the other week as soon as we scored you could see all the glue falling out of their joints, one of my bosses has a Fulham season ticket and he knew exactly what I meant as he had seen the same week after week. He said last Sunday, despite losing, it was a different Fulham out on the pitch, and it wasnt just him saying that. The normally empty stands at full time were still pretty full of fans applauding them off the pitch.

    We just have to get on and do our job for the rest of this season, as gifts from elsewhere are likely to be a bit thin on the ground.

    Cardiff v West Ham will be a funny one as West Ham can be a bit flakey, that said Bamba is a loss for Cardiff.
    Palace in the form they are in likely to beat Brighton who struggled v Huddersfield
    Newcastle v Everton is another funny one depending on which Everton turns up
    Liverpool v Burnley, can see an upset there, Liverpool are having a wobble and Burnley are the last team they will want to play, Sean Dyche teams might not play the prettiest football but it’s dogged and effective, with goals scored from hard graft.
    Leicester V Fulham could be interesting, New Manager v New Manager all depends who has been the most effective in training this last week.

    We play like we did last Saturday and we are more than in with a shout.
    Fulham are relegated. Even if they win today they are relegated. They aren't going to get 18-20 points in 9 games.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    So what are we looking at?

    Wins for:

    Saints
    Palace
    W Ham
    Everton
    Liverpool

    I reckon Fulham and Huddersfield are gone but Bournemouth and Leicester can add another nail if need be.
    Not sure we’ll ever reach a point in the season where I’m hoping for a Liverpool win...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    10,796

    Default

    A draw or worse for Cardiff is all I care about really. I've given up hoping we get a result so Cardiff not winning is basically a good weekend for me.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    A draw or worse for Cardiff is all I care about really. I've given up hoping we get a result so Cardiff not winning is basically a good weekend for me.
    Football weekends are weird at the moment. I absolutely hate losing, but if Cardiff lose too, I'm so much happier.

    I'm sure they are going to turn West Ham over tomorrow.

    I can't imagine after losing to Cardiff that we will have played Arsenal / Utd / Spurs afterwards & somehow be above them.

  8. #8

    Default

    West Ham will be too strong for Cardiff

  9. #9

    Default

    Let's be honest it's just us and Cardiff playing out for the last relegation spot. I expect them to beat West Ham today so we really need to get a point against Spurs.

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  10. Default

    West Ham are an odd team at the moment. If they show up against Cardiff they should win because they have way more talent in their side. But what will their motivation be given that they are in a safe position in the league? How much do they care about pushing on for a potential 7th place finish?

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

  11. #11

    Default

    Brighton 1 up against Palace.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saints foreva View Post
    Brighton 1 up against Palace.
    It looks like Glenn Murray's goals are going to keep Brighton up. That's his 13th goal so far this season and he has the knack of scoring in 1-0 wins and 1-1 draws.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    9,914

    Default

    We could still do with Palace coming back to win 2-1 in my view


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    We could still do with Palace coming back to win 2-1 in my view


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obviously

  15. #15

    Default

    Today has the potential to be one of those FFS days

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    Today has the potential to be one of those FFS days
    Only if Cardiff win and we get nothing. All other clubs and results are irrelevant. It's us or Cardiff.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,115

    Default

    Palace will regroup 2nd half and come back.

  18. #18

    Default

    Palace equalise. 1-1

  19. #19

    Default

    Brighton 2-1 up

  20. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvictaSaint View Post
    Brighton 2-1 up
    FFS

  21. #21

    Default

    He shouldn't even be on the pitch.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    6,702

    Default

    Doesn’t matter really, it’s all about Cardiff.

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    Doesn’t matter really, it’s all about Cardiff.
    Quite. But mainly it's on us. There far far too many posts on here fannying on about what Brighton or Palace or Newcastle are doing, like they are all going to commit suicide to allow us to stay up.

    We really needed a point from the two games vs United/Spurs. So we could do with a point today which guarantees 17th for a couple of weeks.

  24. Default



    Please win.

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    Quite. But mainly it's on us. There far far too many posts on here fannying on about what Brighton or Palace or Newcastle are doing, like they are all going to commit suicide to allow us to stay up.

    We really needed a point from the two games vs United/Spurs. So we could do with a point today which guarantees 17th for a couple of weeks.
    Totally agree.

    I think it is make or break for Cardiff today. West Ham have been crap away recently. 1 point from the last 15. Cardiff have a nightmare fixture list remaining. Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Utd etc. The only games they have that you think they could get points from are West Ham, Fulham, Burnley and Palace. Burnley away is a tough fixture for everyone so can't see them winning that one. Fulham away you could see them winning. Palace you never know and West Ham you never know. But I think if they lose today and take another battering that will be it for them.

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    9,914

    Default

    Cardiff winning. It's gonna be one of those days


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. Default

    Yup, one of those weekends

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Cardiff winning. It's gonna be one of those days


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by danjosaint View Post
    Yup, one of those weekends
    5 minutes in

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    9,914

    Default

    Bloody West Ham never do us a favour. Grr


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Searching for the voice of reason
    Posts
    3,813
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Bloody West Ham never do us a favour. Grr


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rocket up their backsides by Pellegrini I hope in his half time team talk.

    Why are they great one week then shíte the next!

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    7,615

    Default

    Cardiff 2 up ffs

  32. Default

    Fulham equaliser

  33. Default

    Well done WHU 68% possession still and 3 shots , none on target , Cardiff have had 15 shots with at least 2 on target !!!

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,364

    Default

    Marco Silva..... Joke manager
    Dodged a bullet there

  35. #35

    Default

    Annoying but we have by far the easier set of fixtures than Cardiff.

  36. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Annoying but we have by far the easier set of fixtures than Cardiff.
    Silver lining... the result for Cardiff means Saints are only 9 points from 9th place West Ham.

  37. Default

    Leicester / Vardy / Maguire / Maddison look fully reborn under Rodgers

    Fulham now dead n buried.

    1 from 6 for the drop now

  38. #38

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,364

    Default

    What odds for Silva moving on, clearly not good enough
    Most fans recognised that

    Rogers is the new super manager after beating Fulham

  39. #39

    Default

    He won't last the season

  40. Default

    We've done remarkably well to be above Cardiff since we lost to them since they've had 3 matches at home from the last 4.

  41. #41

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    5,756

    Default

    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they're losing.

  42. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Instant Classic View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they're losing.
    They lost. Looks like they will have to settle for playoffs at best.

  43. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    They lost. Looks like they will have to settle for playoffs at best.
    Popcorn at the ready

  44. #44

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    5,756

    Default

    Skatesmuff on TV. Ben Reeves is playing against the who I THINK is one of ours isn't he?

  45. #45

    Default

    Burnley - Liverpool tomorrow is a tough one. I want Burnley to lose, but don’t want Liverpool to win either..

  46. #46

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    9,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Kucho View Post
    Burnley - Liverpool tomorrow is a tough one. I want Burnley to lose, but don’t want Liverpool to win either..
    I want Liverpool to win tomorrow and then fluff the rest of the season. Simples


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  47. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    I want Liverpool to win tomorrow and then fluff the rest of the season. Simples
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Except when they play Cardiff.

  48. #48

    Default

    [QUOTE=DT;2719651]I want Liverpool to win tomorrow and then fluff the rest of the season. Simples


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

    I think I agree. Lots of other teams left for Liverpool to lose to.

  49. #49

    Default

    West broom have sacked Moore because they are fourth in the championship. That’s crazy imo

  50. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baird of the land View Post
    West broom have sacked Moore because they are fourth in the championship. That’s crazy imo
    Eh? WBA need to take a long hard look at themselves

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •