Brighton v Saints Build-up

SuperSAINT

We should soooo have beaten them at home...I kinda feel the reverse is going to happen there...we are typically crap after a long break, they are finally winning again...much as though I would love to see us beat them 4-0 or more, I think this is going to be 1-1 draw with us snatching a late equaliser after Murray scores early.

Hope I'm wrong and we tank 'em.

RH is saying this is a six pointer! Everyone agree?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Of course it is. Win and we draw level with them on points (and potentially leapfrog them on GD depending on margin of victory), but lose and we will be 6 points behind them.

Well Cardiff have Chelsea at home, so a win would not only put us level with Brighton (albeit they have a game in hand) but also would probably pull us 5 points clear of relegation, giving us a bit of a cushion to absorb the expect loss to Liverpool. (although Cardiff also have Man City when we play Liverpool so are unlikley to pick up points there)

Presuming of course Chelsea do their job and beat Cardiff.

Burnley have Wolves and Palace have Huddersfield, both at home, so you'd expect them to both probably win, so again a win could be massive for us.

Burnley then have Bournemouth away and then Cardiff at home, so you can quite easily see them with Wolves, Bournemouth and Cardiff pulling away from us if we don't get anything from Brighton, leaving it as a very clear two horse race.

Well Cardiff have Chelsea at home, so a win would not only put us level with Brighton (albeit they have a game in hand) but also would probably pull us 5 points clear of relegation, giving us a bit of a cushion to absorb the expect loss to Liverpool. (although Cardiff also have Man City when we play Liverpool so are unlikley to pick up points there)

Presuming of course Chelsea do their job and beat Cardiff.

Burnley have Wolves and Palace have Huddersfield, both at home, so you'd expect them to both probably win, so again a win could be massive for us.

Burnley then have Bournemouth away and then Cardiff at home, so you can quite easily see them with Wolves, Bournemouth and Cardiff pulling away from us if we don't get anything from Brighton, leaving it as a very clear two horse race.

Cardiff will be without Callum Patterson for the rest of the season...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47726278

Is it just me who's only really concerned about Cardiffs results? They have Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Utd to play, with tough away games at Burnley and Brighton. Hard to see them getting any change out of that. All without Bamba and Paterson. As long as we keep putting in good performances, I'm sure we'll get 2 wins out of Brighton / the sides on the beach (Bmouth, Watford, West Ham, Newcastle, Wolves) and Hudds.

A draw tomorrow and a Cardiff loss will be no bad day, a win would be obviously fantastic. As long as Cardiff aren't picking up wins, they run out of time. I'd just rather we got it done sooner rather than later.

Is it just me who's only really concerned about Cardiffs results? They have Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Utd to play, with tough away games at Burnley and Brighton. Hard to see them getting any change out of that. All without Bamba and Paterson. As long as we keep putting in good performances, I'm sure we'll get 2 wins out of Brighton / the sides on the beach (Bmouth, Watford, West Ham, Newcastle, Wolves) and Hudds.

A draw tomorrow and a Cardiff loss will be no bad day, a win would be obviously fantastic. As long as Cardiff aren't picking up wins, they run out of time. I'd just rather we got it done sooner rather than later.

Burnley too.

Cardiff will be without Callum Patterson for the rest of the season...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47726278

Between this, Bamba and Sala, you can't say we haven't had luck on our side with the run in this season. I know we've had our own issues with RB, Lemina and Ings but I think Cardiff have been hit a bit harder by the players and the timing.

Between this, Bamba and Sala, you can't say we haven't had luck on our side with the run in this season. I know we've had our own issues with RB, Lemina and Ings but I think Cardiff have been hit a bit harder by the players and the timing.

Yes it's bad luck for Cardiff right now, but those are probably the three best players in our squad and we have been without them for most of the season so far. Had they been fit and available, and had we not lost Yoshida for a month to the Asian cup and been forced to play Stephens instead, I expect we would have a much larger gap over Cardiff than we currently do.

So yes, you really can say we haven't had luck on our side.

The Sala story was a tragedy but it certainly gained the Welsh a few points when their "forever a Bluebird" effect kicked in, and to our detriment when they walked away with 3 points down here. But, of course, it's now "he was never a Bluebird" so we can certainly rule out any bad luck for them on that account.

Tomorrow should revive good memories of Brighton in the sunshine in 2011, with Fonte popping up with a late winner.

Can honestly see Cardiff beating Chelsea. WE need at least a draw but I fear if we don't go all out for the win we will lose. I know, weird logic. Hope I'm wrong and we get a win and Chelsea turn up.

Yes it's bad luck for Cardiff right now, but those are probably the three best players in our squad and we have been without them for most of the season so far. Had they been fit and available, and had we not lost Yoshida for a month to the Asian cup and been forced to play Stephens instead, I expect we would have a much larger gap over Cardiff than we currently do.

So yes, you really can say we haven't had luck on our side.

Ings you can rule out as that is nothing to do with luck, more us being foolhardy signing a frequently injured player.

I take your point but still feel Sala, Bamba and Patterson would have made more impact on their team than Lemina and Bertrand on ours. The former we can pretty much live without at the moment, with 4 decent CM options still to chose from.

Plus the timing is worse IMO. You wouldn’t want to be relying on those players and then losing them at crunch time in the run in.

Can honestly see Cardiff beating Chelsea. WE need at least a draw but I fear if we don't go all out for the win we will lose. I know, weird logic. Hope I'm wrong and we get a win and Chelsea turn up.

Really!! Why?

It's one of those games where Chelsea are either going to rinse them, or lose.

If you're going to get a result against Chelsea it's right now. Post-international break, and still not firing under Sarri, IMO.

Last 3 Chelsea league results:

- Fulham 1-2 Chelsea (Narrow win)

- Chelsea 1-1 Wolves

- Everton 2-0 Chelsea

It's one of those games where Chelsea are either going to rinse them, or lose.

If you're going to get a result against Chelsea it's right now. Post-international break, and still not firing under Sarri, IMO.

Last 3 Chelsea league results:

- Fulham 1-2 Chelsea (Narrow win)

- Chelsea 1-1 Wolves

- Everton 2-0 Chelsea

I think if they lose to Cardiff then Sarri will be gone.