Brighton v Saints Build-up

SuperSAINT

It's a massive game and they will be well up for it. If they win then they effectively cut us adrift at the bottom, 6 point cushion with 8 to play - they'd take that all day long. For us I think it's more a must not lose game. That said, would I take the point - I'm not sure.

Will be the same for both teams this time though....hopefully will make a difference plus with them having one eye on the FACSF

Not quite the same. Players with a semi final and cup final close tend not to want to get injured. I'll never forget the massive league defeat from Arsenal just before we played them in the final. I think we lost 0-7 or thereabouts.

I'm actually relieved that Brighton and not us are in sight of Wembley at this time, for that reason. We need the points more.

Just at random? What's the connection?
I live in the area, my young son's friend is a Shrewsbury fan. Second time I have watched the skates this season (took in the game at Bradford as well), they've won both. That said, on both occasions they really weren't that great, soaked up the pressure and took their chances. But both Bradford and Shrewsbury are struggling in this league as well so it's no ringing endorsement of the skates tbf.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

God I wish this game would hurry up and get here. The win against spurs was great but then to have such a long break after that game has been a real kicker. Try as I might I can't get excited by international football I want some saints action again.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

God I wish this game would hurry up and get here. The win against spurs was great but then to have such a long break after that game has been a real kicker. Try as I might I can't get excited by international football I want some saints action again.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Really hope they reduce the number of teams in the league, scrap the cups so we can all have a longer mid season break. It’s what we all want.

After the disappointment of the Manure match and the euphoria of our win over the Spuds shooting down the S.h.i.t.e.h.a.w.k.s will mean three points and opens up the gap on those below us. Who's the Ref for this one?

Michael Oliver. Due to the fact it's one of those massive, massive, passionate local derby's.

I'm hoping Ralph doesn't forget what a great half Sims played v Spurs

Needs to show Ralph now that he can have the same impact from the start against fresh legs. Will still be on the bench but that’s an improvement as we need all the quick and direct players in the squad that we can find.

Gunn

Valery

Bertrand

Maya

Jan

Vest

Mario

Oriel

Redmond

Ings

Armstrong

Bench

Forster

Stephen's

JWP

Austin

Long

Slattery

An odd team to say the least. I would hope and fully expect Lemina will be on the bench. Would need his head seeing to if he drops JWP.

Gunn

Valery

Bertrand

Maya

Jan

Vest

Mario

Oriel

Redmond

Ings

Armstrong

Bench

Forster

Stephen's

JWP

Austin

Long

Slattery

Blimey dropping a player who has scored 6 goals in the last 10 games for a player who has scored just ONE goal!

Sims nowhere to be seen, he’s one who fits the Ralph blueprint.

Puzzled why anyone would drop Ward-Prowse. He played 10 minutes for England on Monday so will hardkly be exhausted on Saturday and is in the form of his life!

Indeed, I'm not a JWP fan but he fully deserves his place. The other two odd things about Nic75Sfc's team is the absence of Sims and Forster over McCarthy.

:) I knew I'd missed someone! Sorry Pierre you are rested this week along with JWP, Sims and McArthy. I thought it might lighten the discussion a little

Well done for a good humoured reply :thumbup: Do you think we can get by with 6 on the bench?

We should have too much quality for them but we all know it's never that simple

Gotta love this kind of arrogance, when we are below them in the league and their home form is pretty decent (W6 D4 L4). Typical modern Saints fan reaction after a decent win. Let's not kid ourselves that this will suddenly be an easy game. A point is a decent enough result here after the win against Spurs. Brighton will clearly be bang up for it.

Is it arrogance simply stating I think we have more quality than them therefore it should come through? What is a "modern" saints fan? I've been supporting since the mid 90s. Never said It'd be easy in fact i implied the opposite.

If Redmond gets puts in a 9/10 performance and everyone else is a 7 or 8 we win this game.