Media Coverage

spyinthesky

I guess we are no different to the majority of teams outside the top six but MOTD and the printed press always seem to maximise coverage of their favoured clubs to the exclusion of the 'also rans'.

Today is no exception.

The Sunday Times report on our game v Spurs amounted to just over 700 words, of which a paltry 23% was related to our performance, about the same ratio as details about Pocchetino having to sit in the stands.

I guess we are no different to the majority of teams outside the top six but MOTD and the printed press always seem to maximise coverage of their favoured clubs to the exclusion of the 'also rans'.

Today is no exception.

The Sunday Times report on our game v Spurs amounted to just over 700 words, of which a paltry 23% was related to our performance, about the same ratio as details about Pocchetino having to sit in the stands.

I'm used to it now. If you want some good Saints discussion, have a listen to the TSP podcast.

I'm used to it now. If you want some good Saints discussion, have a listen to the TSP podcast.

Kind of the point isn't it, really. For the mainstream media catering for everyone Tottenham losing is a far bigger story than Saints beating them, especially given Poch's post-match comments, but for Southampton focused stuff we're obviously the main talking point. It's why TSP and the like are very good as they go into far more detail