Weekend 16/17 March Other Games

SuperSAINT

Big 3 games coming up for Burnley. (Wolves, Bournemouth and Cardiff). They need to get something from that because afterwards they have (Chelsea, City, Everton and Arsenal).

That Burnley vs Cardiff game could go a long way to deciding it. Hopefully Saints will have picked up plenty of points by then.

IMO whoever loses the Burnley/Cardiff game is going down, neither team has a great run in, not a lot of games you'd expect them to pick up points and today was one for Burnley.

Home against 10 men for 86 minutes, against an inconsistent Leicester side, that is going to dent their confidence. 4 lost in a row for them now I think.

One day there will be a historical review of corruption in English football. It's gone beyond just coincidence. Obviously we point to our own games but games like this and the Watford game last against City (so I can only be bothered going back a fraction) show major decisions benefitting the same ****ing clubs Maybe my perception but I thought the ref wasn't going to blow up the Swansea penalty till the assistant flagged. Even the media and what should be slightly more objective BBC brush over the incidents, and focus on the bigger picture (title race back on, quadruple back on, with nauseating emphasis). What I am finding more is that providing the result doesn't impact us, I am finding more solidarity with fans outside the top 6. As they know what we feel about constant wave of suspicious decisions from the top down. I definitely feel for those Swansea fans today.

Worth caveating that I am a former ref. Until this season I have usually tried to back them up and naturally side with them, as often they are given unfair stick. But something stinks. So not any more.

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk

No surprise really with Mariner in charge.

Hardly surprised to see Friend on the whistle at Watford, after last weeks failure to send off Sissoko.

I thought it was a pen initially.

For the offside how is he meant to overrule lino who hasn’t given it when slowed down and frozen shows a few inches offside?

Comical how everyone thinks it so easy to get right

One day there will be a historical review of corruption in English football. It's gone beyond just coincidence. Obviously we point to our own games but games like this and the Watford game last against City (so I can only be bothered going back a fraction) show major decisions benefitting the same ****ing clubs Maybe my perception but I thought the ref wasn't going to blow up the Swansea penalty till the assistant flagged. Even the media and what should be slightly more objective BBC brush over the incidents, and focus on the bigger picture (title race back on, quadruple back on, with nauseating emphasis). What I am finding more is that providing the result doesn't impact us, I am finding more solidarity with fans outside the top 6. As they know what we feel about constant wave of suspicious decisions from the top down. I definitely feel for those Swansea fans today.

Worth caveating that I am a former ref. Until this season I have usually tried to back them up and naturally side with them, as often they are given unfair stick. But something stinks. So not any more.

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk

More hysteria. Illuminati no doubt.

We didn’t land on the moon either right?

Idiotic claptrap. Conspiracy theories always fail when you think logically of the number of people this would involve and the likelihood of them all receiving such worthwhile kickbacks that they keep keep quiet for years on end. At what level were you a "former ref" out of interest? Obviously not high enough to have benefitted from all this malarkey. Or is this it? The turning of the worm....

Idiotic claptrap. Conspiracy theories always fail when you think logically of the number of people this would involve and the likelihood of them all receiving such worthwhile kickbacks that they keep keep quiet for years on end. At what level were you a "former ref" out of interest? Obviously not high enough to have benefitted from all this malarkey. Or is this it? The turning of the worm....

yeah just like the jimmy saville case

LOL at all the above defending refs!! Anyone that witnessed the performances in the last 3 games has to realise something isn't right?

Being sh1t is one thing. Lol at all the stupid cnts who think it is a secret organised conspiracy.

Falls down with Burnley’s goal against Liverpool.

It’s not an organised conspiracy it is human nature. Successful clubs in any sport tend to get favourable treatment , the All Blacks nearly always came out of the ruck with the ball , it was so quick the hands on the ball were missed. Their players were then given legend status and their play was rarely questioned. There was even that spear tackle at the start of a Lions tour where no action was taken !

In football the away team rarely got a penalty at Anfield or Old Trafford etc VAR should help here but only if it’s used fairly ie to overturn obvious errors not mm offsides etc

Now Watford are in the FACSF when is the tba away game likely to be played anyone in the know?

it will definitely be midweek sometime I'd guess. Hopefully in April rather than May anyway- the Easter Holiday might make it easier to take kids.

Watford and Wolves both winning must be a slight help to us. Neither have anything to play for in the league really, and so are likely to focus on the Cup.

Probably only of marginal benefit, but you can imagine their players wishing to avoid yellow/red cards at almost any price, players with very minor niggles being rested/subbed etc.

I still think the FA Cup probably saved us last season - our run to the semis meant we ended up playing Swansea when they were in a death spiral rather than in the middle of a decent-ish patch of form.

Watford and Wolves both winning must be a slight help to us. Neither have anything to play for in the league really, and so are likely to focus on the Cup.

Probably only of marginal benefit, but you can imagine their players wishing to avoid yellow/red cards at almost any price, players with very minor niggles being rested/subbed etc.

I still think the FA Cup probably saved us last season - our run to the semis meant we ended up playing Swansea when they were in a death spiral rather than in the middle of a decent-ish patch of form.

The ‘nothing to play for’ is a myth though. Teams relax and play well sometimes more than when more on it and play far worse.

Need Fulham’s goal difference to be hit as breathing down our necks