RH bans WiFi

Pilchards

I'm sure they can afford 4G ..

You're missing the point, it's not talking about games like Candy Crush or Coin Master on mobiles or tablets. We're talking proper RPG multiplayer games, maybe a bit of multiplayer Fifa on PS4/XBOX. These would be pretty much unplayable over 4G due to latency and jitter, so they'd need a stable internet connection - which is what he's blocking at their hotels. Nothing stopping them playing single player obviously, but that would be a bit boring!

You're missing the point, it's not talking about games like Candy Crush or Coin Master on mobiles or tablets. We're talking proper RPG multiplayer games, maybe a bit of multiplayer Fifa on PS4/XBOX. These would be pretty much unplayable over 4G due to latency and jitter, so they'd need a stable internet connection - which is what he's blocking at their hotels. Nothing stopping them playing single player obviously, but that would be a bit boring!

Exactly!

I heard they used to have team competitions

If they are told not to play games till 3am before a game, and have their wifi cut...and still play over 4G ...then he is right, its an addiction and they need help.

Fair comment. I think the point I was trying to make is that there are always ways around but I accept the points made.

If they want to have a comp amongst themselves, they could just play locally without the need for any sort of connection? Or am I missing something?

It's mainly the online-only games that would be the issue I would imagine, so games like Fortnite or Apex which are really popular atm. Most of FIFA and Call of Duty etc are mainly online-only now anyway, so restricting wifi would stop most of that.

Edited by GGalpin