Weekend other games

whelk

I think we should be ok but we'll always have those like the ones thinking there'd be a 10 goal swing in the last games last season. This is obviously closer but I do remember a few with their panties in a bunch when we were staying up with Poch and needed a 4 or 5 teams to get specific results to pass us. The odds were huge. 5 more points and I think we are safe.

I thought Daleks were cold calculating machines - you seem more like a cross between Scooby Doo and Private Frazer.

Considering how many times the Daleks are defeated or thwarted it is not surprising !!!! The are used to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Spuds 2 up ! Palace are catchable.

I doubt we will manage to overturn their GD advantage, so we will need 4 more points than them between now and the end of the season.

They are away to Newcastle on Saturday, who we can also leapfrog (especially as we go there ourselves in a couple of weeks), so a draw there would suit us nicely.

I doubt we will manage to overturn their GD advantage, so we will need 4 more points than them between now and the end of the season.

They are away to Newcastle on Saturday, who we can also leapfrog (especially as we go there ourselves in a couple of weeks), so a draw there would suit us nicely.

I agree, but maybe put them in our sights or even Bournemouth.

Thoroughly satisfactory evening and a good boost before Friday. A shame Brighton didn't concede one more, but it's damaged their GD anyway.

We can go into the Liverpool game now with a free hit with the chance of moving up a place or two without worrying too much about the gap below us closing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

3-0 Chelsea FT.

Brighton just a +1 GD advantage over us now, but their next two league games are both at home, against Bournemouth and then Cardiff 4 days later.

We aren’t going to need to rely on goal difference to finish above Brighton IMO

3-0 Chelsea FT.

Brighton just a +1 GD advantage over us now, but their next two league games are both at home, against Bournemouth and then Cardiff 4 days later.

Guess we will find out whether Brighton are going to stay involved after those 2.

Massive games for them.

Good of Spurs to doff a cap to us in their stadium opening ceremony...

I do find it quite amusing when they come to SMS and sing it. I know many football fans (NB not ALL) are pretty stupid, but there are a lot who think that "Oh When the Spurs" is the original and everyone else has copied them.

IF we beat Liverpool on Friday I reckon we're safe...That's one massive if though.

Is it seriously 60-1 or, in my Aspergery ways, am I missing sarcasm again?!

If so that HAS to be worth a tenner :o

Bet365 have got us at 75/1 to go down now after last night's games.

IF we beat Liverpool on Friday I reckon we're safe...That's one massive if though.

Is it seriously 60-1 or, in my Aspergery ways, am I missing sarcasm again?!

If so that HAS to be worth a tenner :o

First result that I came up with: https://m.skybet.com/football/premier-league/event/22089690 gives us at 50-1, so I am sure that you can find 60-1 somewhere.

Just having a little gander at the Cardiff forum. Check this Shyte http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=206379

This is a review of the remaining games fixtures and how it could finish. He has saints going down on 36 points. I thought it was a typo but really does anyone in the world think based on current form we will only get 3 points from our remaining 7 matches.

**** that would be some turnaround, I’d expect Hughes or Pelegríno to get more than that

It's been a good night for us tonight :)

A good 5 days. In the bottom half of the table 7 teams got no points at all ( including 3 who played twice). Even Palace who were one of the teams that managed to win one lose one so we gained a game in hand on them.

Bearing in mind the start we had just staying up will be a huge relief, but on current form - both ours and others - I'd be disappointed now to finish anything below 12th.

There's optimism for you.

I'd be disappointed now to finish anything below 12th.

If we maintain our average of 1.5 points per game since RH took over, that would take us to 43/44 points.

Bournemouth are currently 12th on 38, and they still have to play Burnley(H), Brighton(A), Fulham(H), Saints(A), Spurs(H) and Palace(A). I expect they will get more than 6 points from that lot.

So we will need to improve our form considerably and win at least 4 of our remaining 7 games to overtake them.

Palace still have to play Arsenal and Man City, but their other 4 games are winnable - Newcastle(A), Everton(H), Cardiff(A) and Bournemouth(H). If we assume two wins and two draws from that lot, it will take them to 42 points, but their GD is significantly better than ours.

Newcastle's next two games - Palace(H) and Leicester(A) are winnable, but we could leapfrog them by beating them at SJP at Easter. They then finish the season with Brighton(a), Liverpool(H) and Fulham(A). We really need to win up there if we're going to overtake them IMO.

I don't think we need to worry about Brighton. Their form has been poor recently and three of their last four games are against top six teams - Spurs(A), Arsenal(A) and Man City(H).

Just having a little gander at the Cardiff forum. Check this Shyte http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=206379

This is a review of the remaining games fixtures and how it could finish. He has saints going down on 36 points. I thought it was a typo but really does anyone in the world think based on current form we will only get 3 points from our remaining 7 matches.

**** that would be some turnaround, I’d expect Hughes or Pelegríno to get more than that

They think they're getting 9 points from 18, with their fixtures?

Crazy land. They are gone bar a massive swing.

They think they're getting 9 points from 18, with their fixtures?

Crazy land. They are gone bar a massive swing.

Considering they have recorded 0 points v the top 6, that means they will need 3 wins out of 4 against Brighton/Burnley/Fulham away, and Palace home; seems very tough. Not impossible, but unlikely. I think they will lose to Burnley, draw v Brighton and Palace and beat Fulham. Certainly not enough.

I think a couple more points would be enough. In any case I think we will get a minimum of 6, but at the odds it's worth a tenner to cover a season ticket for the Championship next season just in case.

You never know with Cardiff, but even 5/6 points for them is a big ask.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I think a couple more points would be enough. In any case I think we will get a minimum of 6, but at the odds it's worth a tenner to cover a season ticket for the Championship next season just in case.

be a waste of a tenner really.

Cardiff are around 80% gone. Brighton and Burnley the only other alternatives.

Yes, we are on 33 like Burnley and Brighton but when you take into account our fixtures plus our resurgence under Ralph then we really aren't in the mix.

be a waste of a tenner really.

Cardiff are around 80% gone. Brighton and Burnley the only other alternatives.

Yes, we are on 33 like Burnley and Brighton but when you take into account our fixtures plus our resurgence under Ralph then we really aren't in the mix.