Brighton v Saints Match Thread

St Chalet

0-0 h/t. We've not played too badly, but not a lot of quality in the game (as you'd expect from two of the worst teams in the league).

Feels like a game that'll be decided by one set piece or one mistake - not sure that favours us, unfortunately.

Brighton will surely try and be more imposing in the second half. They've been at half pace so far.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Definitely the team asking more questions of the opposition defence so far, but lacking any real penetration.

I get the sense that Brighton will be happy to play out a draw, which really doesn't suit us as we always struggle to break down those teams.

Ings definitely looking a little rusty, understandably, but still far more of a threat than a fully fit Austin or Long.

Hojbjerg MOTM so far for me. He's been the main instigator of pretty much all our decent attacking play and is making some great runs.

Played pretty well. Def by far the better of the chances. I actually prefer Saints w back 4 and extra midfield strength. We just end up controlling more and playing further up the pitch. Hoj+Romeu+JWP+Armstrong... strong combo, and winning ever more of the ball.

Nice to have Ings back. I have a hunch he may do something a little special second half.

p.s. here in US, live on CNBC.

Definitely the team asking more questions of the opposition defence so far, but lacking any real penetration.

I get the sense that Brighton will be happy to play out a draw, which really doesn't suit us as we always struggle to break down those teams.

Ings definitely looking a little rusty, understandably, but still far more of a threat than a fully fit Austin or Long.

Hojbjerg MOTM so far for me. He's been the main instigator of pretty much all our decent attacking play and is making some great runs.

Hojbjerg is turning into a really good player.