Brighton 0 Saints 1 - Post Match Celebrations

St Chalet

RH has done an staggeringly good job really with let's face it one of the worst teams we've ever had, makes you wonder what he could achieve with the right players! That said yet again we switched off after scoring & let them back in the game why is that?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Get the F in!!!

Pretty much stopped playing as soon as Brighton decided to attack us, and it was an ugly last 20, but that's a massive win - makes the Liverpool game a free hit (probably, should Chelsea turn up against Cardiff).

When did we last keep a clean sheet with a back four? A year ago? Longer?

Phew.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

GTFI. Deserved that, was worried when RH brought on JS but we were quaking and we did soak it up better once he came on, so credit all round. We're going to be alright and I'm very confident next season will be better than the previous 2 and this one AS LONG as there is some reasonable investment in the summer.

RH has done an staggeringly good job really with let's face it one of the worst teams we've ever had, makes you wonder what he could achieve with the right players! That said yet again we switched off after scoring & let them back in the game why is that?

c

Always happens, home team is a goal down, nothing to lose, chuck the kitchen sink at the opposition !

Critical thing was we held on....

Vital win, especially with Burnley winning. Brighton now right in the thick of it if Cardiff make this a fight to the end.

The last 20 shows we still don’t know how to see these games out though. There ought to be spaces to exploit when teams gamble and look for an equaliser but our players seem to lose their composure in these situations and just invite more pressure.

Oh well we held out on this occasion and got the crucial 3 points which was all that mattered today.

This gives us more of a free hit next Friday against Liverpool now. Would LOVE it if we could put the mockers on their title bid!

Vital win, especially with Burnley winning. Brighton now right in the thick of it if Cardiff make this a fight to the end.

The last 20 shows we still don’t know how to see these games out though. There ought to be spaces to exploit when teams gamble and look for an equaliser but our players seem to lose their composure in these situations and just invite more pressure.

Oh well we held out on this occasion and got the crucial 3 points which was all that mattered today.

This gives us more of a free hit next Friday against Liverpool now. Would LOVE it if we could put the mockers on their title bid!

Brighton vs Cardiff. 16th Apr.

Could be a massive game.

Still think we need another 5-6 points.

6 points?

That would mean Cardiff City getting 11 points and a huge difference in GD(-15 to -30) from...

Chelsea (home)

Man City (away)

Burnley (away)

Brighton (away)

Liverpool (home)

Fulham (away)

Crystal Palace (home)

Man Utd (away)

Very hard to see them capable of doing that!

Since RH took over P16 W7 D3 L6 Pts 24

1.5pts per game over the season so far would put us 7th

Which shows that our team is really not that bad its just been horribly managed and considering we still have 7 games left and only 1 is against a top 6 side, we could actually end up finishing nowhere near relegation at this rate.

Overtaking Bournemouth anyone? Only 5 points behind and we play them at home.

Which shows that our team is really not that bad its just been horribly managed and considering we still have 7 games left and only 1 is against a top 6 side, we could actually end up finishing nowhere near relegation at this rate.

Overtaking Bournemouth anyone? Only 5 points behind and we play them at home.

And a game in hand:)

Ralph through our domination away by bringing on Gallagher. He did nothing at all. Completely handed it to them. Should have been Sims on instead.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Did we switch off though? Or was it more a case of retreating deeper and adopting a hold on at all costs for an ugly but precious three points. Once Armstrong, Ings and finally Redmond were all replaced all our attacking shape, speed and penetration was gone and Brighton had nothing to fear in conceding a second. Hate to be critical but Gallagher showed in his half hour he's not up to this standard - slow and almost clumsy, like a younger version of Austin but without the clinical finish - where was Sims? We could have used his pace and run earlier and it was disappointing his excellent display v Spurs wasn't rewarded.

On the plus side Yoshida, Hojbjerg, Romeu, Armstrong and Redmond all very good today. Much quieter games from JWP (who is not a wide player and was found out for pace today) Valery and even Gunn in goal looked far from convincing.

Great result. Ralph said he wouldn't might playing badly away from home and picking up points after really good away displays which yielded nothing - and he got his wish. Liverpool now becomes an "anything is a bonus" game. A pity Wolves couldn't do us a favour.

Did we switch off though? Or was it more a case of retreating deeper and adopting a hold on at all costs for an ugly but precious three points. Once Armstrong, Ings and finally Redmond were all replaced all our attacking shape, speed and penetration was gone and Brighton had nothing to fear in conceding a second. Hate to be critical but Gallagher showed in his half hour he's not up to this standard - slow and almost clumsy, like a younger version of Austin but without the clinical finish - where was Sims? We could have used his pace and run earlier and it was disappointing his excellent display v Spurs wasn't rewarded.

On the plus side Yoshida, Hojbjerg, Romeu, Armstrong and Redmond all very good today. Much quieter games from JWP (who is not a wide player and was found out for pace today) Valery and even Gunn in goal looked far from convincing.

Great result. Ralph said he wouldn't might playing badly away from home and picking up points after really good away displays which yielded nothing - and he got his wish. Liverpool now becomes an "anything is a bonus" game. A pity Wolves couldn't do us a favour.

agree with all of that

we seriously need some pace and power in this team

Big win even if the game wasn't anything to write home about.

Hopefully Cardiff will get beat tomorrow and then they have to play Citeh & Pool (2 losses) + Burnley and Brighton (so points will be lost around us).

Looking brighter but still a long way to go.

Iffy performance, great result, happy days. :)

If Cardiff bomb tomorrow, then I will start working out what permutations we need.. feels like counting chickens until then.

Huge game and we came through. I also think that Ralph will have to turn full used car salesman in the summer in order to shift the subs + deadwood.

I don't know about the rest of you, but i'm going to commence drinking.

200.gif