Saints vs Liverpool Build-up

SuperSAINT

And don't forgot the underhand way in which Liverpool conducted the VVD transfer dealings by meeting with the player first and getting caught but not receiving any punishment for breaking the rules. If they had approached the club first and gone through the right channels, it wouldn't rankle quite as much but it is the cheating way they conduct themselves without any reproach that sticks it to the smaller clubs. And as for The Gurning One, the best thing we can do is beat them tomorrow night and f*ck up their season! The perfect way to get revenge.

Liverpool may have given us decent money, but they have clearly been up to no good behind closed doors. Lallana and Lovren threw their toys out the pram. They treated Lambert like rubbish. VVD met up with Klopp whilst still with us! Hell, they had to publicly apologise because they were so caught out. I have more disdain for them than Pompey, and I'd love nothing more than to bury them.

1. Lovern and Lallana have both buckled under the abuse at St Mary's, lovren was actually taken off because he couldn't deal with it.

2. Maybe but i'm sick of our weird happy clapper fanbase that seem to hero worship ex players, including ones that have actively f*cked our club over, it's genuinely embarrassing to see some of the love ins and sums up modern football.

3. Yeah we'll always lose players you're right, we always did. But it's about how they go. As long as i've been going some players have got dogs ear abuse everytime they've come back, others haven't, if you can't see the difference between the way rat face, lovren and vvd acted and the way other players have than you're seriously naive.

St Mary's in general is far, far too nice for visiting teams, the few times we've actually shown up and had a go at the opposition players (and support) it's generally worked to our favour.

In the past players said they hated coming to the Dell because of the abuse they got, and it definitely won us points we wouldn't have had otherwise, god knows what happened to that support because now people seem to think we have to be liked by everyone and barely raise a peep, let alone hurl abuse.

Totally agree with all of this...

Fair point regarding Lovren and Lallana. I'm up for making St Marys intimidating, but I don't mean singing "we f**king hate you", which is rather cringe worthy.

I guess I don't get too upset at players leaving. Apparently the players you mention left in a bad way, but I probably didn't take it personally enough to be bothered or to remember what they did. It has and always will happen. Some players will feel like they need to act in certain ways to get the move that they want.

There’s plenty that can be sung to intimidate, upset and anger them other than your generic cringe, but unfortunately they’re probably too nasty for our mongbase.

Adam lallana, your baby’s not yours - in reference to his wife playing away whilst on holiday a few years back.

Dejan Lovern, your wife is a whore - in reference to his wife cheating on him (with a farmer lol).

Something about VvD’s old man walking out on his mum and family as a kid.

Then there’s endless chants, which we all know, about the victims.

There’s plenty that can be sung to intimidate, upset and anger them other than your generic cringe, but unfortunately they’re probably too nasty for our mongbase.

Adam lallana, your baby’s not yours - in reference to his wife playing away whilst on holiday a few years back.

Dejan Lovern, your wife is a whore - in reference to his wife cheating on him (with a farmer lol).

Good lad.

I'd rather not give the ex players abuse because:

1 - They won't care

2 - They will have the last laugh as they will win

3 - It makes us look pretty small time. We've lost some players. We always will. Get over it

SWF posters can get v.strange with ex players. Just look at the "Defectors Watch" thread with c1.4 MILLION views and 8,000 posts.

Some Saints fans get a bit creepy and stalk social media and monitor the players every move waiting for something to mock. All a bit sad and bitter

Alot like a sad depressed ex boyfriend stalking his ex who dumped him 7 years ago.

I think it's worth considering that the average age of SWF posters is probably 50+ so they probably have very little going on in there lives.

Thankfully this forum doesnt reflect or represent the average Saints fan.

Edited by Heisenberg

You're right. They are too nasty.

You'd have to be a special kind of c*nt to sing any of those to anyone.

You're right. They are too nasty.

You'd have to be a special kind of c*nt to sing any of those to anyone.

Carry on and Boo them and call them a ****** a few times then, that’ll learn em. I bet they’re ****ting themselves

He may be a player in a generation of agent greediness but he's also a rational, intelligent human being who will know that a lot of what he did was immoral and unethical. Even if I wanted a move to another club protecting my reputation in the process of getting what I wanted is far more important to me than anything else, but obviously not for him.

And let's add in "my head is in Liverpool" Lovren and Nivea boy Lallana to the mix. Two other well-conducted transfers where the players did everything they could to secure a big and better job. There's 3 good reasons to dislike L'pool right now and wish, and hope, we can derail their title bid.

If there is a god he will make sure city win the league.

Eh, it seems pretty likely that VVD knew his transfer was being blocked in order to facilitate the sale of the club. Under those circumstances, I'd probably have been pretty narked too if I felt that a significant period of my relatively short career was being used as a bargaining chip.

Despicable

1. Lovern and Lallana have both buckled under the abuse at St Mary's, lovren was actually taken off because he couldn't deal with it.

2. Maybe but i'm sick of our weird happy clapper fanbase that seem to hero worship ex players, including ones that have actively f*cked our club over, it's genuinely embarrassing to see some of the love ins and sums up modern football.

3. Yeah we'll always lose players you're right, we always did. But it's about how they go. As long as i've been going some players have got dogs ear abuse everytime they've come back, others haven't, if you can't see the difference between the way rat face, lovren and vvd acted and the way other players have than you're seriously naive.

St Mary's in general is far, far too nice for visiting teams, the few times we've actually shown up and had a go at the opposition players (and support) it's generally worked to our favour.

In the past players said they hated coming to the Dell because of the abuse they got, and it definitely won us points we wouldn't have had otherwise, god knows what happened to that support because now people seem to think we have to be liked by everyone and barely raise a peep, let alone hurl abuse.

Agree with this, within reasonable boundaries (e.g. not players parental backgrounds etc as some have suggested, that's way too far). I'm not personally bothered about any of them and VVD wouldn't be affected in the slightest. However, Lallana and Lovren have been affected by it in the past, Lovren so much so that Klopp had to substitute him at HT in the 3-2 win. So I'd view it as a tactic to help Saints as much as anything.

Honestly why are people so offended about songs about a players parents (or kids), they're paid enough to deal with it and it'll definitely get their backs up.

Jesus i can remember the Archers singing about patrick kluivert being a drink driver/murderer when he played for Newcastle, and plenty of other players getting just as bad.

The point is you want to wind them up and make them not feel welcome, we know the stuff about rat face's kid gets to him so f*cking use it. Some of these players are more fragile than they look so f*cking go at them.

Booing when they touch the ball does nothing, getting under their skins does a lot more, hell even cricket players say stuff about the oppositions family/wifes, but our fans are too precious to do it.

All is fair in love and football!

How do we feel about Mane? I actually quite like him still. Always gave it his all while here. Left very respectfully too.

Anyone who gives Mane stick is a bit of an oddball.

Great player for us, and provided lots of great memories in the best Saints team for donkeys years.

Honestly why are people so offended about songs about a players parents (or kids), they're paid enough to deal with it and it'll definitely get their backs up.

Jesus i can remember the Archers singing about patrick kluivert being a drink driver/murderer when he played for Newcastle, and plenty of other players getting just as bad.

The point is you want to wind them up and make them not feel welcome, we know the stuff about rat face's kid gets to him so f*cking use it. Some of these players are more fragile than they look so f*cking go at them.

Booing when they touch the ball does nothing, getting under their skins does a lot more, hell even cricket players say stuff about the oppositions family/wifes, but our fans are too precious to do it.

Spot on. As long as it’s nothing against the law, I.e racism or homophobic abuse then it’s fair game. Nothing personal, but if it gives us (as the home team) an advantage in a relegation battle, then fair game.

The vermin that support them didn’t have second thoughts physically asulting and throwing objects at the City bus last year.

2 words: political correctness.

2 words: political correctness.

It's got f*ck all to do with political correctness, i can't stand people who use the "PC gone mad" b*llocks to cover up their own racism, xenophobia, homophobia or little england mentality.

The reason people don't like it is because our fanbase is more middle class, older or families at St Mary's. Away from home you still have a decent percentage of lads who are up for it (and usually p*ssed from a day on the beer) and outnumber those lot, but at home we have a very different mindset (nothing wrong with them btw) and they're far less likely to make noise or get on the oppositions back.

In many ways Saints Web is the Chapel of Saints forum's, lots of passive fans, a fair few weirdos who idolise players or think they're football managers, and the new kit thread is the equivalent of the messes who wear tight fitting football shirts to games.

Really, how rude. Really under your skin aren’t they?

You voted Leave didn’t you? Have a picture of Tommy Robinson up on your wall don’t you? I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather not give the ex players abuse because:

1 - They won't care

2 - They will have the last laugh as they will win

3 - It makes us look pretty small time. We've lost some players. We always will. Get over it

This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suspect some on the melts will probably clap them … even try and get their autographs and selfies with them...

Agree with this, St Mary's needs to be more hostile. The more abuse any Liverpool player gets the better.

SWF posters can get v.strange with ex players. Just look at the "Defectors Watch" thread with c1.4 MILLION views and 8,000 posts.

Some Saints fans get a bit creepy and stalk social media and monitor the players every move waiting for something to mock. All a bit sad and bitter

Alot like a sad depressed ex boyfriend stalking his ex who dumped him 7 years ago.

I think it's worth considering that the average age of SWF posters is probably 50+ so they probably have very little going on in there lives.

I really do wonder what drives you to post this patronising drivel ??

Did anybody else laugh at this satirical post?

Must admit this thought occurred to me too. I think the crowd is pretty realistic in respect of transferred players: most know the score.

Incidentally, something I learned at S.U.S.U. meetings in the 70's. Hissing is far more effective and unsettling than booing. Go on, give it a try. (Possibly not against Spurs where I believe it can be misconstrued..)

All this small time revenge stuff, just concentrate on the 3 points to (all but) clear ourselves from the drop and then we can enjoy Cardiff\Burnley slogging it out for the 3rd spot.

Seriously, get in their faces and I think they'll crack, they are good but we can beat them.

Derailing their title ambitions and unleashing another tsunami of pity would be fun to witness but first and foremost we want the 3 points and virtual safety by the end of Friday.

Van Dyke really doesn't know what he's missing. If he had stayed he could have rubbed out the 'n' of Virgin and replaced it with an 'l'. His life would have been complete then. I'll get my coat.

Some really angry posts on this. I'd love us to win this but would be happy with a draw. Think if we can survive the early onslaught without conceding and possibly score ourselves it's possible.

Think Liverpool are not playing their best and are under pressure to win. The longer we remain on level terms the easier it'll get for us.

No Gallagher please. Sims before Austin, although the long punt into the box might just work if VVD goes off injured.

Don't think VVD, Lallana or Lovren will relish coming back here - they were all scum-bags in the way they left the club IMO. Mane is different. Lambert was cheered. It is different for different players. We'll win by supporting our players more than bringing Liverpool's down.

Some really angry posts on this. I'd love us to win this but would be happy with a draw. Think if we can survive the early onslaught without conceding and possibly score ourselves it's possible.

Think Liverpool are not playing their best and are under pressure to win. The longer we remain on level terms the easier it'll get for us.

No Gallagher please. Sims before Austin, although the long punt into the box might just work if VVD goes off injured.

Don't think VVD, Lallana or Lovren will relish coming back here - they were all scum-bags in the way they left the club IMO. Mane is different. Lambert was cheered. It is different for different players. We'll win by supporting our players more than bringing Liverpool's down.

VVD won't care for the stick he'll receive, he even laughed when he was booed last season.

Eh, it seems pretty likely that VVD knew his transfer was being blocked in order to facilitate the sale of the club. Under those circumstances, I'd probably have been pretty narked too if I felt that a significant period of my relatively short career was being used as a bargaining chip.

The poor snowflake. Signed a 5 year contract on millions per year, and knew he'd move sooner rather than later to an even bigger contract.

I'd love to be used as a bargaining chip like that.

Yes, I did - quite comical that Glasgow Saint isn't he.....in a David Brent kind of way. Getting back to the game, I really hope Ralph sees the wisdom of leaving Austin, Long and Gallagher on the sidelines - maybe Long as a sub, and starts with a trio of Armstrong, Redmond and Sims. Only chance we have is pace and movement up front and on the break - long balls into the box isn't going to cut it. Given that JWP's form before the Brighton game was good, play him in a more central midfield role with Hoj and Romeu - he really isn't suited to that wide right role - that leaves Bednarek and Yoshida to round out the 4-3-3 formation. Having said all that I expect Ralph to play 3CBs and to start with Long.

You sad cnt. Racist abuse really winds people up.

Bet you like that too.

His form is improving, he’s been in a bit of a troll relegation battle all season persisting with the xxx days since beaten top 6 and insurance bets tactics but I think he’ll survive on this form at the expense of Batman. Dalek is a lock for 17th or is it 16th, can’t remember.

Edited by OttawaSaint