Basingstoke v Saints U23s

supersonic

This Tuesday (2nd April) @ The Camrose.

Kick off 7:45.

Tickets:

£8 Adults

£4 Concessions

£1 Kids

Not sure what side we'll have out but almost certainly our last trip here in any format as they're moving grounds at the end of the summer.

Will go and provide updates for anyone who's interested.

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who can make it. I went to the last round away to Bournemouth Poppies, good chance to see some youngsters coming through in a competitive game, if we win then we'll play Havant and Waterlooville in the final.

This Tuesday (2nd April) @ The Camrose.

Kick off 7:45.

Tickets:

£8 Adults

£4 Concessions

£1 Kids

Not sure what side we'll have out but almost certainly our last trip here in any format as they're moving grounds at the end of the summer.

Will go and provide updates for anyone who's interested.

Cool. Will be good to get your updates.

Big of a mix that side, certainly not our strongest u23 side but perhaps reflects the club are more interested in the PL2 title and PL international cup.

If we get round anyone know where final will be held? Fratton Park?

Big of a mix that side, certainly not our strongest u23 side but perhaps reflects the club are more interested in the PL2 title and PL international cup.

If we get round anyone know where final will be held? Fratton Park?

Winner plays Havant & Waterlooville @ Eastleigh

Lost on pens.

Fair play to basingstoke who wanted it more.

Only player who looked half decent was Ferry who then missed and abysmal penalty.

Vokins looks ok going forward, but defensively him and the rest of back 5 and Keeper were appalling.

Shouldn’t lose from being 4-3 up against 10 men with 11 mins to go but that’s football

My hands have now defrosted so a few more comments.

A lot of these players this was my first time seeing them play so judging them on today only.

We started appallingly, 2-0 inside 4 minutes to two shocking goals, the second especially was poor, a deep cross from the left and their striker left completely unmarked to tap home from 5 yards.

As said earlier, the keeper looked abysmal as did all 3 centre backs (Bradley-Green, Klarer and Kpohomouh). The right back wasalso really poor but I understand he’s only 16 and playing up a level.

Vokins is heard of as being touted as the next big thing, he doesn’t have it defensively based upon today. Looks comfortable on the ball and very much in the Shaw mould but not for me.

We lacked any form of leadership in the side and just sat back at 4-3 up and invited pressure which was obvious we couldn’t hold out.

Tyreke Johnson took his goal well but did nothing else, same with Tella who had a few decent touches but otherwise anonymous.

Ferry looks the best of the lot, seems to have something about him from an attacking point of view. Not sure he has it to make the first team, but he’ll get a decent career out of the game, as long as he stays away from penalties!

Overall, really disappointing show tonight, but well done again to Basingstoke who wanted it more.

My hands have now defrosted so a few more comments.

A lot of these players this was my first time seeing them play so judging them on today only.

We started appallingly, 2-0 inside 4 minutes to two shocking goals, the second especially was poor, a deep cross from the left and their striker left completely unmarked to tap home from 5 yards.

As said earlier, the keeper looked abysmal as did all 3 centre backs (Bradley-Green, Klarer and Kpohomouh). The right back wasalso really poor but I understand he’s only 16 and playing up a level.

Vokins is heard of as being touted as the next big thing, he doesn’t have it defensively based upon today. Looks comfortable on the ball and very much in the Shaw mould but not for me.

We lacked any form of leadership in the side and just sat back at 4-3 up and invited pressure which was obvious we couldn’t hold out.

Tyreke Johnson took his goal well but did nothing else, same with Tella who had a few decent touches but otherwise anonymous.

Ferry looks the best of the lot, seems to have something about him from an attacking point of view. Not sure he has it to make the first team, but he’ll get a decent career out of the game, as long as he stays away from penalties!

Overall, really disappointing show tonight, but well done again to Basingstoke who wanted it more.

I fairness to Ferry he picked up a cramp in the latter few minutes of the game, he was still trying to stretch it out while waiting to take his penalty on the half way line, his pen was so feeble, having been out for quite a while with injury he might well have been playing on his mind that if he rifles the ball past the keeper he could be making things worse.

fair play to Basingstoke 2nd half it didn’t look like they were down to 10 men.