Best league in world but probably worst officials - Warnock

John B

He’s absolutely right and I just wait to see whether VAR will really even things up or somehow help the big six even further.

What I mean is how’s it going to work? Is it down to the ref when he’s not sure or down to off the field officials?

I agree it was well offside and he is right to be upset but not to dissimilar to Sol Bambas winner against Brighton, did not moan about that one.

Well he's hardly likely to moan about a decision that's gone for him, is he? ='/

It probably evens itself out over the season.

Obviously in the case of the clubs outside the top 6 most clubs can call on decisions that cost them games. Seems like it’s only the top 6 that get decisions that give them games.

VAR will certainly be interesting to see if it’s closes the gap.

It does seem to be the bigger clubs who benefit from the appalling ref decisions. Chelsea at Cardiff today. Man City v Watford a couple of weeks ago are 2 examples of the bigger clubs getting the benefit without mentioning us against Man U and Spurs.

VAR is surely the answer. Football has just got to find a way to make the VAR decision making process part of the spectacle in the way that cricket, rugby and tennis have.

This “evens itself out over the season” mantra doesn’t hold water. It might be true if clubs were subject to hundreds of errors but typically you might have quite a small number of crucial grade A reffing balls ups a season (eg Watford handball for us last year) maybe 5 or 6 for a given side say?

Those numbers are too small to even out - chances are a team where most have gone against them will end up lower in the table than they should be. Could easily be the difference between relegation and safety.

It does seem to be the bigger clubs who benefit from the appalling ref decisions. Chelsea at Cardiff today. Man City v Watford a couple of weeks ago are 2 examples of the bigger clubs getting the benefit without mentioning us against Man U and Spurs.

VAR is surely the answer. Football has just got to find a way to make the VAR decision making process part of the spectacle in the way that cricket, rugby and tennis have.

Agreed, perhaps the answer is that the VAR is for the officials to decide on, but give the managers two calls per half, that they can use outside the officials call!

The refs generally suck but the players have also become experts at not only conning them, but knowing how to draw contact to force a decision. I don't see VAR helping here.

VAR should be used for offsides no question. It takes over a minute for play to resume so during the celebrations every goal should be reviewed. Always give the attackers the benefit of the doubt and always review a goal. No excuse for getting these wrong in 2019.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well he's hardly likely to moan about a decision that's gone for him, is he? ='/
But the point was he only moans or worries about it when it goes against them. Perfectly understandable of course.

Personally I was delighted, Cardiff have a manager I dont like and they were given ample opportunity to beat Chelsea as they weren't at the races. Yes they were unfortunate but they hardly had a shot at goal. Warnock said he too the gm to them lol

You can't really disagree with him, it was quite blatantly offside.

It's also very difficult to feel sorry for a morally repugnant club that milked the tragic death of a new signing then point blank refused to pay for him and are now trying to wrangle their way out of it.

Even more so that they are our relegation rivals.

But the point was he only moans or worries about it when it goes against them. Perfectly understandable of course.

Personally I was delighted, Cardiff have a manager I dont like and they were given ample opportunity to beat Chelsea as they weren't at the races. Yes they were unfortunate but they hardly had a shot at goal. Warnock said he too the gm to them lol

Pretty much this. I really don't like Colin at all, and the way that Cardiff behaved recently has been hypocritical. Them beating us despite our having good penalty shouts ignored against them also makes this all the sweeter.

It was alos interesting to see him and his staff trying to put pressure on the ref with all their jestures and shouts at him, I assume to even up the game with a dodgy decision their way.If they had actually tried to get players forward they maywell have been able to dive and get a penalty but as they hardly did anything apart from hoof a free kick or throwto Morrisons head

Could care less in this instance - call it karma. That said though it does raise interesting VAR questions - i wonder if the championship is such a competitive league and anyone can beat anyone on their day blah blah because the fortunes of the clubs are predetermined with poor refereeing decisions? OK it cant change everything but it really could make a big difference.

One thing we will see more of though is how incidents are analysed. Look at those cardiff decisions - everyones happy to shout about the pulls in the box being clear but what VAR will have to do is look at every other interaction in the box as the ball comes in and if any cardiff players are grappling at all its a free kick the other way - its something pundits/ MOTD etc rarely look at at all and will be very interesting. It does mean decisions will take time and people have to just suck it up! I quite like the idea of captain led referrels in the same way as cricket - cricketers try too often to risk their use and are tactical with them but in theory it is for situaiton wher eplayers know there has been a clear and obvious mistake. Like shouting "foul" in the playground - i like this idea as it could try to return a bit of honesty to player.... perhaps.

For cardiffs offside people are really ott with abise of the linesman. Yes as you stop play he is a looooong way offside but only one/two frames later and hes well level. Its a split second thing and if the lino cant see easily (the corner taker was in the way) then its really just an honest error that either you accept like an adult or use VAR.

VAR for offsides is an odd one as people talk about it being completely clear. I dont want to see goals chalked off when a few fingers are out infornt of a defender - thats not really in the spirit of the original law if you ask me

I know that it is slightly off key and catty but all during his post match interview I kept on looking at Colin's remarkably smooth unlined face. Remarkable for a 71 year old bloke. Has Colin been indulging with Botox treatment by any chance .... or does he possess the same genes as celebrities like Cher who also do not seem to age ??

It was alos interesting to see him and his staff trying to put pressure on the ref with all their jestures and shouts at him, I assume to even up the game with a dodgy decision their way.If they had actually tried to get players forward they maywell have been able to dive and get a penalty but as they hardly did anything apart from hoof a free kick or throwto Morrisons head

The abuse Warnock was giving Azpilicueta from the touchline was ****ing disgusting. Hopefully he will earn a touchline ban for some of the stuff he was doing. Don't care whether his actions were justified or not, abusive behaviour like his is unacceptable. The offside was a genuine mistake by the lino, albeit compounded by poor positioning allowing his line of sight to be blocked by William.

I know that it is slightly off key and catty but all during his post match interview I kept on looking at Colin's remarkably smooth unlined face. Remarkable for a 71 year old bloke. Has Colin been indulging with Botox treatment by any chance .... or does he possess the same genes as celebrities like Cher who also do not seem to age ??
I saw him at the O2 once, you couldn't find anybody more in love with himself.

Ignore who is saying this, the message is correct.

The officiating at the top level is a disgrace and needs correcting.

Instances like yesterday at Cardiff (and yes, countless others in our games) should never ever need VAR to get right, regardless if Sol Bamba was offside earlier in the season or JwP taking the freekick way further forward from the foul

Ignore who is saying this, the message is correct.

The officiating at the top level is a disgrace and needs correcting.

Instances like yesterday at Cardiff (and yes, countless others in our games) should never ever need VAR to get right, regardless if Sol Bamba was offside earlier in the season or JwP taking the freekick way further forward from the foul

How very true. It’s getting to the level of bringing the game into disrepute

Also has no eyebrows. I think it's a facelift and the skin is scrunched round to the back of his head.

True - but that only makes him a rampant hypocrite. He squeals loud and long when decisions go against him but seems strangely muted when he is beneficiary.

True - but that only makes him a rampant hypocrite. He squeals loud and long when decisions go against him but seems strangely muted when he is beneficiary.

It should not matter if he is a hypocrite or not. About time a manager made a big rant at pathetic decisions.

If you ever saw their boss Mike Riley officiate - Then you you will understand the air of smug untouchability the refs have, it’s in his image.

Like the penalty he gave against Saints when a free kick hit someone in the wall on the side of his head. V Man Utd in FA Cup. God knows how many penalties he's given them at OT.

It wasn't fair to Cardiff for the goal but the last man decision was correct. We had the Austin goal against Watford disallowed for 'hitting' Yoshida and recently the penalty at Burnley when Crouch had a big lump of Stephen's shirt in his fist whilst climbing all over him. Unfair but it couldn't have happened to a more biased manager.

It should not matter if he is a hypocrite or not. About time a manager made a big rant at pathetic decisions.

Officials are human, they will make mistakes - sometimes quite bad ones as in this instance. Big rants don't change a thing. They don't cause referees to improve. Ultimately offocials get far more decisions right than wrong. I would quite like to see the pundits referee a match- even a kids match - just see how well they get on.

VAR will help but guess what? I bet there will still be minutes wasted in the post match reviews as now.

He's always dripping,but the way he lit up on the touchline was sheer box office. Him and the likes of Hollaway are worth the admission price on their own when these sort of thongs happen.

So that is why his eyes were bulging! ;)

The Austin goal against Watford is particularly galling when you see things like Sterling’s goal against Watford, I think, being given. Under current interpretations there is no way Yoshida should have been given offside.

Over a season these ref decisions *typically tend to even out.

*I'm personally not a fan of VAR but that's more because I think all in we are probably winning 60/40 in our favor for ref decisions past few seasons.

We do have a bunch of hypocrite fans though. Crying when one decision goes against us. Silent when 2-3 go for us.

Bertrand's two non-penalties at Old Trafford, Austin's goal against Watford, Friend in the Spurs game etc etc - VAR may do us and other non-top six sides a favour

Maybe a bit but they'll still get the rub of the green in 50/50 decisions. Probably even 60/40 against. I haven't actually seen both of the penalty appeals but I've been told one was more concrete than the other.

*I'm personally not a fan of VAR but that's more because I think all in we are probably winning 60/40 in our favor for ref decisions past few seasons.

We do have a bunch of hypocrite fans though. Crying when one decision goes against us. Silent when 2-3 go for us.

I'm struggling to think of many horrifically bad decisions that have gone for us in in the last few years.

The best I can come up with was the J-Rod dive at Villa Park under Adkins. I think maybe Stephens could have given away a penalty at Anfield in the League Cup semi but I can't remember enough about it to formulate whether that was a correct decision or not, I just remember there being a lot of debate.

Your post is dishonest diarrhea. I wonder why you don't spend more time posting on your Everton fansite instead of spreading a thick coat of stinking excrement everywhere else you go?

On the league tables adjusted for goals which were incorrectly awarded or ruled off, we have consistently moved up places. For example, we should have moved up 2 positions last season and ended up with 4 points more. In the 2015-16 season under Koeman we should have finished third.

Premier League

table 17-18.........Adjusted table

Man City....100....Man City....97

Man United..81....Liverpool....87

Tottenham..77....Tottenham..77

Liverpool.....75....Man United..75

Chelsea......70....Arsenal.......71

Arsenal......63....Chelsea.......70

Burnley......54....Burnley........50

Everton.....49.....Newcastle...48

Leicester....47....Brighton......46

Newcastle..44.....Everton......44

Cry Palace..44....Cry Palace...42

Bmouth......44....West Ham....41

West Ham...42....Watford......41

Watford.....41....Leicester......40

Brighton.....40.....Sotton.......40

Huddersfld..37.....Bmouth......38

Sotton......36......Stoke........37

Swansea...33......Huddersfld..37

Stoke........33.....Swansea....34

West Brom..31.....West Brom..33

2882336.main_image.jpg?strip=all

Your post is dishonest diarrhea. I wonder why you don't spend more time posting on your Everton fansite instead of spreading a thick coat of stinking excrement everywhere else you go?

On the league tables adjusted for goals which were incorrectly awarded or ruled off, we have consistently moved up places. For example, we should have moved up 2 positions last season and ended up with 4 points more. In the 2015-16 season under Koeman we should have finished third.

Premier League

table 17-18.........Adjusted table

Man City....100....Man City....97

Man United..81....Liverpool....87

Tottenham..77....Tottenham..77

Liverpool.....75....Man United..75

Chelsea......70....Arsenal.......71

Arsenal......63....Chelsea.......70

Burnley......54....Burnley........50

Everton.....49.....Newcastle...48

Leicester....47....Brighton......46

Newcastle..44.....Everton......44

Cry Palace..44....Cry Palace...42

Bmouth......44....West Ham....41

West Ham...42....Watford......41

Watford.....41....Leicester......40

Brighton.....40.....Sotton.......40

Huddersfld..37.....Bmouth......38

Sotton......36......Stoke........37

Swansea...33......Huddersfld..37

Stoke........33.....Swansea....34

West Brom..31.....West Brom..33

2882336.main_image.jpg?strip=all

Ignore him. He wants people to bite and this is another example of it - a pretty pathetic attempt .