Danny Rose

whelk

The usual whitesplaining drivel anyone should expect on the 'Let's gripe at the uppity black man' Saintsweb thread part 1,779. Honestly, how the hell do you know this?

Yeah let’s close down the PL until it is weeded out.

Want to give any recent examples you’ve witnessed going to games?

Danny Rose is a bit of a co ck. Nothing to do with being a black player having an opinion. Whereas you appear to see the colour and therefore think whatever he says must be valid.

Clearly we only see through our own lens but to most football in this country has seemed to do a good job at kicking out racism (on surface at least) and genuinely can’t see obvious examples of it rearing its head. Always hateful cnts go to games and that will never cease but even they seem to not want to be seen as overtly racist.

Want to give any recent examples you’ve witnessed going to games?

The irony of suggesting that racism doesn’t exist unless a white person - assuming that is what you are and what you’re suggesting - sees it to verify it is pretty extraordinary. Bigotry of any sort is ridiculous, you can’t tell someone they haven’t been subjected to it if they feel that they have. The examples I’ve seen have been pretty well covered in the press, including some pretty nasty events in non-league which I do happen to have witnessed first hand. Is that not example enough that more should be done about it? Regardless of whether it was at a game that you or I attended?

I apologise for picking on your comment, there are a number of views expressed in this thread that I don’t happen to agree with but it is a subject I find it difficult not to chime in on. I’m sure I’ve already been pegged by some as a snowflake and that’s fine with me

If i'm honest what Danny Rose did or didn't mean doesn't really bother me. What I do find a bit sad is whenever a post like this appears you can almost play "It's not racist' Bingo. The same old cack is wheeled out 'Oooh what's the difference between racism & being called a ginger ****?' 'Ooh it happens in all football ground's' "Ooh my grandad was Scottish & he got called Jock it never bothered him' 'ooh what about when black people use the N word' "ooh black players bring it on themselves, chucking money about' ...and it goes on. You start thinking well this forum probably represents a decent cross section of the voting public (obviously I do know peoples skin colour) no wonder we just go round and round in circles.

The irony of suggesting that racism doesn’t exist unless a white person - assuming that is what you are and what you’re suggesting - sees it to verify it is pretty extraordinary. Bigotry of any sort is ridiculous, you can’t tell someone they haven’t been subjected to it if they feel that they have. The examples I’ve seen have been pretty well covered in the press, including some pretty nasty events in non-league which I do happen to have witnessed first hand. Is that not example enough that more should be done about it? Regardless of whether it was at a game that you or I attended?

I apologise for picking on your comment, there are a number of views expressed in this thread that I don’t happen to agree with but it is a subject I find it difficult not to chime in on. I’m sure I’ve already been pegged by some as a snowflake and that’s fine with me

Who is saying it doesn’t exist? I am saying I don’t see it in PL - not for Rose to say he can’t wait to quit cos it is so prevalent. That isn’t the same as saying it is in his imagination.

But hey it seems something you can’t have an opinion on anymore and same old virtue signalling goes on if you dare try and have a debate.

Who is saying it doesn’t exist? I am saying I don’t see it in PL - not for Rose to say he can’t wait to quit cos it is so prevalent. That isn’t the same as saying it is in his imagination.

But hey it seems something you can’t have an opinion on anymore and same old virtue signalling goes on if you dare try and have a debate.

To be fair I've just read the article again and Danny Rose doesn't appear to mention it occurs in the Premier league. He seems to be talking about his experiences playing for England, and lambasting the action (or lack of) taken by FIFA.

To be fair I've just read the article again and Danny Rose doesn't appear to mention it occurs in the Premier league. He seems to be talking about his experiences playing for England, and lambasting the action (or lack of) taken by FIFA.

Danny Rose has not said it, but all across the media so many have implied that English football is a racist hell-hole

Danny Rose has not said it, but all across the media so many have implied that English football is a racist hell-hole

I've not really picked that up? There was the recents incidents with Chelsea,supporters not letting that bloke on a train..and the Sterling incident. But if i'm honest I've not picked up the 'English football is a racist hellhole' vibe. All the media attention i've seen has been the well publicised stuff about Eastern Europe and Italian football.

Is your name jussie smollett?

I've not really picked that up? There was the recents incidents with Chelsea,supporters not letting that bloke on a train..and the Sterling incident. But if i'm honest I've not picked up the 'English football is a racist hellhole' vibe. All the media attention i've seen has been the well publicised stuff about Eastern Europe and Italian football.
The Chelsea fan incident inspired a brilliant bit of satire from the hammers:

Nope. If we’re going to play your unrelated name guessing game in the middle of this, I’m going to go by your avatar and take a stab that you might be Richard Spencer?

Politically you're very close. Hypo is one of the most strident and unpleasant racists on here, for reasons that are utterly baffling. Unfortunately the site is somewhat infested with them. Even one of the mods - Lighthouse - can't help slip into trashing an uppity black man, and he's supposed to be regulating racist crap off of this place! He has form.

It's good to see the resurgence of anti-racist campaigning in football, but someone should pay a bit more attention to the role played by forums like this one. In that regard, this place should get its house in order. It won't. But it should.

Politically you're very close. Hypo is one of the most strident and unpleasant racists on here, for reasons that are utterly baffling. Unfortunately the site is somewhat infested with them. Even one of the mods - Lighthouse - can't help slip into trashing an uppity black man, and he's supposed to be regulating racist crap off of this place! He has form.

It's good to see the resurgence of anti-racist campaigning in football, but someone should pay a bit more attention to the role played by forums like this one. In that regard, this place should get its house in order. It won't. But it should.

Being labelled a racist by a loon like verbal is a badge of honour. Go on verbal, tell me again about the wonderful world of whitesplaining. Might as well venture into mansplaining and manspreading while you're at it. Edited by hypochondriac

Nope. If we’re going to play your unrelated name guessing game in the middle of this, I’m going to go by your avatar and take a stab that you might be Richard Spencer?
Sure mate. You definitely shouldn't be questioning incidents of racism if they are reported by a person of colour. Jussie Smollett felt he was a victim of bigotry who are we as white people to question his story??? Edited by hypochondriac

Verbs, I'll add this to the obscure list of reasons why I'm a racist. Apparently questioning a black man's assertion that his career is unbearable, makes me 'an unpleasant racist, trashing the uppity black man'.

I do wonder how some people would deal with incidents like the Clattenberg/Mikel incident a few years ago.

Verbs, I'll add this to the obscure list of reasons why I'm a racist. Apparently questioning a black man's assertion that his career is unbearable, makes me 'an unpleasant racist, trashing the uppity black man'.

I do wonder how some people would deal with incidents like the Clattenberg/Mikel incident a few years ago.

I wouldn't worry. Nowadays certain people will scream racist at anyone which has the unfortunate side effect of lessening the impact for real racists. In many ways, people like verbal are making things easier for actual racists abd for that he should be ashamed.

Verbal and his little mate Jonnyboy are the only non racists on here.

They are the lovely people

Some loud mouth in the Northam shouting "town full of pak!s" at Leicester supporters when we were in the Championship is all I can recall. Nobody joined in and he shut up, eventually. Probably got a chicken tikka on the way home.

Some loud mouth in the Northam shouting "town full of pak!s" at Leicester supporters when we were in the Championship is all I can recall. Nobody joined in and he shut up, eventually. Probably got a chicken tikka on the way home.

what are you suggesting?

Ricardo Fuller, Kenwyne Jones, Jason Ewell, Jermaine Wright, Nathan Dyer, BWP, Darren Powell and Guly in the early days regularly got it.

got what?

This place is hilarious. I remember being accused of being racist because I didn’t agree with someone the Tanadari Lee would be a premier league star.

I seem to remember Danny Fox, Kelvin Davis, Matt Oakley, Gregorz Rasiak, Paul Wotton, Lloyd James, even Claus Lundekvam being a target for our weird fans in the past, but let’s pretend they only get on black players backs to suit our agenda.

This place is hilarious. I remember being accused of being racist because I didn’t agree with someone the Tanadari Lee would be a premier league star.

I seem to remember Danny Fox, Kelvin Davis, Matt Oakley, Gregorz Rasiak, Paul Wotton, Lloyd James, even Claus Lundekvam being a target for our weird fans in the past, but let’s pretend they only get on black players backs to suit our agenda.

How would you interpret big, lazy n*gg*r or black c**t pal?

How would you interpret big, lazy n*gg*r or black c**t pal?

It’s not always easy to hear what individuals are saying in a 30,000 crowd. Maybe they were saying “slack c8nt” as another Jermaine Wright misplaced pass. Maybe they were having a “big crazy s******” at an outrageous piece of skill from Guly. It’s interesting that in over 25 years of travelling home and away and sitting in all parts of st Mary’s and the dell I’ve never once heard racist abuse directed towards our or any player, yet others claim it’s a relatively regular occurrence.

So anyway having heard this abuse what did you do? Did you openly castigate the perpetrator, humiliating them in front of their peers? Did you report it to the authorities, pointing them out to the police to ensure they received their just deserts for their vile behaviour? Or did you get excited about it because you’d be able to talk about it on the internet a few later?

It's British-Glaswegian to be fair

carry on with the racial stereotyping

Nonsense. Tikka dishes have been a popular part of Pakistani cuisine for generations. Carry on with your no-knowledge trolling/questioning/wasting people's time.

Because race and colour has been used for centuries as a means of inciting hatred and intolerance. Gingers have never been rounded up and taken to America to be sold as slaves. Lanky gits have never beaten to death in their own homes by the KKK.

Spot on. The fact that people like Barnes, Sterling and Rose are talking about it now shows that it is still s big issue. White people will never know what it is like to be abused the way these people have and some of the comments on here show how out of touch we’re still rare with this problem. Racial abuse has no place in any society, let alone what is supposed to be a civilised one. The fact that Rose is being picked up for his “attitude” and flippant comment shows that we still have some way to go. The issue here is the racial abuse being hurled at him, not what he spends on a night out. He was clearly just making a point about the poor level of punishment meted out to those guilty of racial abuse. It has no place anywhere. You wouldn’t make monkey noises to another person in Tescos so why do some people think it is ok at a football match? It has nothing to do with “thick” people. It is racism, pure and simple.

You heard actual racist abuse towards our black players? I hope you reported them?

I contacted David Luker back in 2008 after an away trip to Plymouth where the abuse was particularly vicious, sustained and involved a group. Was fobbed off and told that there was nothing concrete to back up my allegations, even though the club had received a similar report from another supporter. Was told the Police Liaison would be monitoring the crowds to try and spot similar incidents from the descriptions given. In other words, it went nowhere.

I’m there to watch and enjoy the game, not watch our fans and I’m reluctant to grass up specific individuals; so on a couple of other occasions (one was Wolves at home IIRC), I alerted the stewards to repeated abuse and the vicinity of the stand it was coming from, so they could monitor it more closely and do their jobs. Needless to say, they did f**k all.

Given it’s a thankless exercise (and I suspect I’ve done more than most), I’m more inclined to let sleeping dogs lie, especially if it’s an off-the-cuff comment. As I say, it’s been a while since I’ve heard anything but on the odd occasion where there’s been repeated abuse, I’ve said something to the individual rather than report it, knowing in part that more people are willing to get involved and also call it out. Perhaps that’s a sign of progress.

Edited by shurlock

It’s not always easy to hear what individuals are saying in a 30,000 crowd. Maybe they were saying “slack c8nt” as another Jermaine Wright misplaced pass. Maybe they were having a “big crazy s******” at an outrageous piece of skill from Guly. It’s interesting that in over 25 years of travelling home and away and sitting in all parts of st Mary’s and the dell I’ve never once heard racist abuse directed towards our or any player, yet others claim it’s a relatively regular occurrence.

So anyway having heard this abuse what did you do? Did you openly castigate the perpetrator, humiliating them in front of their peers? Did you report it to the authorities, pointing them out to the police to ensure they received their just deserts for their vile behaviour? Or did you get excited about it because you’d be able to talk about it on the internet a few later?

With hearing like that, no wonder pal.

On one of our last saving the South coast (bucket ringing) missions, in about 98-99? One of those, no shocks, B'mouth, I went with a couple of others and was surprised when the guy I was next to started shouting to the B'mouth guy,'yah black ****'.

As he had got the ticket for me that eve I had no hesitation in telling him, 'Nah, not here man.' He looked at me sideways but did not carry on the abuse. He was 10 years on me as well but just shut up. No doubt if he was with his usual crowd he'd have carried on unchecked. I know he didn't talk to me as much after that, that I can handle.

Nonsense. Tikka dishes have been a popular part of Pakistani cuisine for generations. Carry on with your no-knowledge trolling/questioning/wasting people's time.

what chicken tikka.....which is what you said? or just tikka dishes?

but if you want to to further back, it is suggested that it is derived from northern India....but all the same, right?

Edited by Batman

You know, I've been wondering for quite a while if it's really worth me bothering with this forum anymore.

And this thread has given me a definitive answer.

You flounced off a while ago didn’t you pal when you went on an anti racism crusade using the fact that you have a good relationship with the Asians who run your local shop evidence as to how you were racist. I remember a foul mouth rant including “f*ck this place” being used when you played the “I can’t be racist I’m nice to the Asians down the road” card. Yet you’re still here, still spouting your holier than thou agenda. So Off you go Bexy, off to the land of good posters who don’t bother any more and you can see why.

You won’t though because you love it, it’s a for you to prove how lovely you are to people who don’t know you. verbal is another one, an incredibly high opinion of themselves and has often threatened to leave live it’s some dagger in the heart of everyone else on here, yet he’s still posting his insane drivel despite promising his wife he never would post on here again. I guess this forum is very important to some people, even more important than their marriages.