Saints 1 Liverpool 3 - Match Thread and Reaction

St Chalet

Hoj has been fantastic!

He has. Top job tonight so far.

In fact, most of our players have been pretty good.

Having said that...

Long still showing a bit of the 'pre-Ralph' mistakes, & JWP still passing backwards too often, but...

... pretty good otherwise.

Tactically a very good display from us, shame an offside goal (albeit small margins) has meant we're not going in at half time with a lead I don't think many could have begrudged us.

I hope we can get something out of the second 45 but bugger me I had almost forgot what it felt like going into games against 'bigger' clubs thinking the manager had a real plan on how to get a result that could actually work! Strange feeling this hope, hello old friend ...

I mean, what's the f-ing point? Doesn't matter how well we play, the officials will still find a way to gift Liverpool the "right" result.

Only one winner from here.

Hojbjerg sujpjerb.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

:lol: I see what you did there.

"tHAT WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN DISSALOWED DUE TO THE OPPORTUNITIES soUTHAMPTON HAD TO RESET."

Sorry for the caps lock.

So, offside isn't offside if they think you can deal with it?

F*cking madness.

I was just going to post about that, what a nonsense, so if he punched it forward (also illegal move\0 that would be allowed then !!!!!!

Played brilliant but can't see us scoring again.

Backed Liverpool at 1-2 & 1-3 before KO and expecting a win unfortunately.

PLEASE prove me wrong saints. If be delighted to **** this title up for Les Reed FC

Amazing how you didn't post up your bets before kick off so we could all have a bit of it lol

I mean, what's the f-ing point? Doesn't matter how well we play, the officials will still find a way to gift Liverpool the "right" result.

Salah's offside was very marginal, so why you believe they deliberately ignored it I'm not sure. It was hardly like the farce at Cardiff last weekend. Yes, if you analyse it, the goal shouldn't have been given but we had plenty of opportunity to clear our lines after that. Bednarek should have done better.

Salah's offside was very marginal, so why you believe they deliberately ignored it I'm not sure. It was hardly like the farce at Cardiff last weekend. Yes, if you analyse it, the goal shouldn't have been given but we had plenty of opportunity to clear our lines after that. Bednarek should have done better.
That may be the case re us clearing but is offside different to a hand ball offence or any other foul???

That may be the case re us clearing but is offside different to a hand ball offence or any other foul???

I'm not saying it wasn't a foul or that the goal should have stood. Just pointing out that that the lino not spotting a marginal offside, on first viewing, isn't match fixing.