Saints 1-3 Liverpool - Reactions

Lighthouse

the added Liverpool-fest is starting.

If (probably when) they win the league, we all know it will be billed as the most dramatic, passionate, memorable, amazing, SPECIAL title win, not only since the beginning of the premier league, but since the birth of the human race.

we will have endless 'specials' on sky, bbc and of course, the print media on how wonderful Liverpool are. Obviously, with lots of references and tributes to Hillsborough....probably for the next 25 years. These specials have features from 'stevie' and 'carra' who will pay tribute to 'hendo', 'trent', 'virgil', 'bobby' and of course, 'mo'.....it will be wonderful.

Jesus christ just reading that made me want to vom, come on CITY!

If (probably when) they win the league, we all know it will be billed as the most dramatic, passionate, memorable, amazing, SPECIAL title win, not only since the beginning of the premier league, but since the birth of the human race.

we will have endless 'specials' on sky, bbc and of course, the print media on how wonderful Liverpool are. Obviously, with lots of references and tributes to Hillsborough....probably for the next 25 years. These specials have features from 'stevie' and 'carra' who will pay tribute to 'hendo', 'trent', 'virgil', 'bobby' and of course, 'mo'.....it will be wonderful.

They'll slip up, Klopp's teams historically always have done so.

They'll slip up, Klopp's teams historically always have done so.

Unfortunately I fear City will be the ones to slip with the exhausting schedule ahead. Don't they play Spurs three times in four matches, and Utd away being the other one ?

You forgot 'robbo'

They really are a disgusting, nauseating club and fan base and I'd love nothing more then to see City **** up their big effort.

Does anyone expect Carragher to be neutral?

Of course he isn’t and stupid to think he should pretend otherwise.

Do you all get offended when Matt cheers on SSN when we score that he isn’t paying due respect to the Portsmouth viewers?

No not all. Sky should however have a neutral commentator if possible for the enjoyment of all, and as a responsible broadcaster. Even Tyler was hardly neutral to be fair.

As for Matt (and others), yes they cheer their team, but they are not spewing a completely biased commentary throughout the game, and why they do not view their "own" teams. I for one would like to make up my own mind on the game (and yes I could turn off the sound, but why do I need to?) BTW neither would I want Matt etc. to comment on the game for the same reason. Still I guess each to his own

Henderson provided an excellent lesson in man management when he came on - immediately getting in the referees ear and putting doubt in his mind. It all went Pete Tong for Saints thereafter.

Of course it will all end in a great story - like when Mane was chopped down when clean through at Leicester and the resultant blatant penalty and sending off never happened.

Cant fault the effort, first half we really went at them, certainly had them rattled. But ultimately the quality shone through in the end, we weren't able to keep up that intensity for 90 mins. Their first was (marginally) offside but who's even surprised anymore. We gave a good account of ourselves but the quality of squad depth shone through. If we play like that until the end of the season we'll get the points we need.

The Sky coverage was genuinely embarassing. It really really winds me up that we have to put up with Souness, Carragher, Mcmanaman, Owen and so on dribbling week in week out providing such a bias commentary, yet Le Tiss isn't allowed to commentate a Saints game on Soccer Saturday. I hope they blow it.

Cant fault the effort, first half we really went at them, certainly had them rattled. But ultimately the quality shone through in the end, we weren't able to keep up that intensity for 90 mins. Their first was (marginally) offside but who's even surprised anymore. We gave a good account of ourselves but the quality of squad depth shone through. If we play like that until the end of the season we'll get the points we need.

The Sky coverage was genuinely embarassing. It really really winds me up that we have to put up with Souness, Carragher, Mcmanaman, Owen and so on dribbling week in week out providing such a bias commentary, yet Le Tiss isn't allowed to commentate a Saints game on Soccer Saturday. I hope they blow it.

Pretty certain read somewhere that on Soccer Saturday the games they each cover are not their own team for impartiality reasons, and Matty has said that he wouldn't want to cover a Saints game because there is no way he could control his emotions.

Pretty certain read somewhere that on Soccer Saturday the games they each cover are not their own team for impartiality reasons, and Matty has said that he wouldn't want to cover a Saints game because there is no way he could control his emotions.

This is indeed the case.

Question then is why Carry was co-commenting a Liverpool game? Fine, we all know he is a bin dipper but don't need to hear a totally one side commentary - stay in the studio and cream over them at half/full time. Same as I would not want an ex Saints player co-commenting for very same reasons.

It did happen when we beat Sheff Utd to stay up in '08. Not my video so sorry for the poor quality and editing but interspersed with the highlights is MLT commenting on GSS. I'd imagine there were a fair few complaints from Leicester and Blades fans and I can't say I blame them.

It did happen when we beat Sheff Utd to stay up in '08. Not my video so sorry for the poor quality and editing but interspersed with the highlights is MLT commenting on GSS. I'd imagine there were a fair few complaints from Leicester and Blades fans and I can't say I blame them.

Probably the last time he did it.

As an aside -That John Stead who scored their second is still playing!!!