Saints 1-3 Liverpool - Reactions

Lighthouse

Good game. Done by the better team but given the players we have currently, gave a cracking account of ourselves.

Some excellent play by us and their quality shone through

We will be fine.

Yep summed up well.

If we were to ever get a result tonight you need 100% of things to go for you, like Long who had an okay chance the one where VVD cleared it over, or maybe when Sims was in on counter attack but ref pulled it back, or on another day Salah would have been flagged offside for their first.

No real complaints from me despite defeat.

Let’s go chase 40pts now, onwards and upwards.

Liverpool's first was offside but overall best team won. We gave good account of ourselves.

We were the better team until long went off, imo.

Officials desperate for the victims to win the league aren’t they.

Looked very good for the first half of the first half but the longer the game went on the more they looked like they would win. One shot on goal was disappointing as was the keystone cops defending for their first and getting caught out again on the break from our corner for the second. On the plus side we are so much better than we were under Hughes.

Made them work very hard for that. Thought Hojbjerg was MOTM and Redmond was excellent, but everyone played well, even Sims when he came on. Shame about their third goal because we pushed up for an equaliser, but their first was offside and their second, while a great goal, someone should have brought Salah down for a Professional Foul. Valery isn't the finished article, but he is going to be some player. Trent A-A looked knackered dealing with Redmond.

Still, Long scored which we got to cheer, and we gave a good account of ourselves in a free hit match. I'm not disheartened by the result. A toughie against Wolves next but we can beat them. Still hope City win the title.

Unfortunately this was another game where our lack of fitness caught up with us. We were excellent for an hour but started to get sloppy and started to defend like it was the last few minutes when there was still half an hour to go. It felt like Liverpool would always get chances like that, it’s just whether they would be profligate when they came.

Obviously you expect a team playing with high energy and mostly without the ball to tire, but hopefully a bit longer than 60 minutes. That comes down to a crap preseason and there’s only a bit Ralph can do to improve it each week.

I just hope we can take that performance into the next few games. I’m confident we can, but won’t relax until we get another win. At the moment I’m just pigsick that we came close to ruining the party for the media and that odious club but didn’t quite manage it.

I thought we were excellent.

Lack of sub options hampered us and the game swung on the Salah goal which was well taken but avoidable beforehand.

We have become a good side but need some quality in attack to give RH more options.

Disappointed to lose because we played so well.

A shane miss.... a failed offside decision...... could have been different.

Really f**kin annoyed to see that t*sser Lovren come on at the end as well.

Still, as said above, we''l be fine and Lpool will finish 2nd, again, so their heartbreak will be worse :x

Made them work very hard for that. Thought Hojbjerg was MOTM and Redmond was excellent, but everyone played well, even Sims when he came on. Shame about their third goal because we pushed up for an equaliser, but their first was offside and their second, while a great goal, someone should have brought Salah down for a Professional Foul. Valery isn't the finished article, but he is going to be some player. Trent A-A looked knackered dealing with Redmond.

Still, Long scored which we got to cheer, and we gave a good account of ourselves in a free hit match. I'm not disheartened by the result. A toughie against Wolves next but we can beat them. Still hope City win the title.

Exactly all of this.

With what we have, thought we were really good.
True, realistically we are nowhere near their level, but we do look to have a game plan every time we play. Think we ran out of quality once the subs were made tonight, but Ralph does seem to get the best out of most players.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Disgraceful defending for their second goal. Seems like we've conceded that kind of goal a fair amount this season. Needs addressing.

The floaty ball instead of a whipped cross started it off but then JWP tried to blast the ball through two players. The Liverpool header was excellent and then we were in big trouble with Salah and Formino breaking. Tough decision, foul Salah get red, hope we hold on. Hope Salah gets crowded out or misses, cover the pass option to Firmino. Fricken typical that he hasn’t been able to hit a barn door lately and then finishes there.

Did our best with what we had.

Certainly gave Liverpool a good game but when you have players like Milner and Henderson coming on while we are hanging on is not going to help.

IMHO We will need some fast attacking wingers and strikers next season and Austin and Ings won’t cut it.

The floaty ball instead of a whipped cross started it off but then JWP tried to blast the ball through two players. The Liverpool header was excellent and then we were in big trouble with Salah and Formino breaking. Tough decision, foul Salah get red, hope we hold on. Hope Salah gets crowded out or misses, cover the pass option to Firmino. Fricken typical that he hasn’t been able to hit a barn door lately and then finishes there.

Wasn’t it Bertrand running back, not Valery? Really should have made a challenge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched on Sky with my Nipper and grandsons and Caraghers voice is so effing annoying my ears began to vomit. We turned the sound off and watched knowing that decisions would go against us and they did. Putting Redmond up front in my opinion was erroneous. He was skinning their defenders in cohorts with Bertie and when he took Long off Redmond should have stayed out on the wings. We lost to the better team on the night but no shame. Let's now prepare for our next encounter and play just a little better than we did in the second half.

I still hate the bastards!

we showed a lot of fight and some ability at times, but ultimately the gulf in quality in the forward positions was there to see. We hung in there well, but yet another goal conceded from our own corner. How frustrating is that? When will we ever learn? Always painful to lose. Painful to see a (potential) title winner get another victory too, but we need to get back on it and ensure survival.

Why not keep two players back? Salah could have then been taken out when he received the ball. We are so easy to counter attack.

Sickening scenes at the end of the game shown on sky, klopp having selfies and signing autographs for bunch of cùnťs in the Itchen stand, would of hoped a few Saints would have had a word and told them all to f*ck off.

Sickening scenes at the end of the game shown on sky, klopp having selfies and signing autographs for bunch of cùnťs in the Itchen stand, would of hoped a few Saints would have had a word and told them all to f*ck off.

Sky have softened the game and softened the fans.