Saints vs Wolves Build-up

SuperSAINT

Saw my customer up in Wolverhampton today, he went with his sons on Sunday. them and everyone who walked through the door is just shell shocked at being so so close, then picked holes in the managers substitutions .

They have no idea which Wolves might turn up on Saturday, but as I left they all said 1-1 on Saturday.

What's our record with these two involved ?

From recall he has been one of the better ones for us overall, this is an easy match with no superstar teams involved, so unless Uncle Les has sent an email down the corridor to the PGMOL to nobble us. It could well be good ole Mr Moss struggling to keep up with play now and again with a steady hand on the tiller, actually in that stupid o'clock boxing day game v Arsenal a few years back (Martina night) he was giving us the short end of the stick to start with, once we got going after the goal he was letting quite a bit slide in our favour including a cheeky little off the ball take out of Kolscelny by Mr Long in the build up to one of our goals, they moaned he seemingly went "whatever"!...................4th Official Marriner can't do much harm there:just worry when he is the man in the van on the VAR next season.

What's our record with these two involved ?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jonathan-moss/bilanzdetail/schiedsrichter/677/saison_id/2012/heim_gast//verein_id/180/wettbewerb_id//funktion/1/plus/0

not won our last 8 games with Moss refereeing us.

for a team that is newly promoted they are a very confident bunch!

Edited by nta786

They seem pretty confident their team will bounce back and be angry, IMO they are more likely to be mentally deflated, takes a lot for a team to come back from a disappointment like that and whilst they are still I suppose playing for top 7, that is probably a lot less incentive than a cup final.

It'll be close I reckon and I think a late goal will win it, their predictions of them smashing us seem a little over the top and over estimating how good they are considering they have lost twice to Huddersfield, they really can't be that good.

We put 6 past them once upon a time and we were pretty much their equals back then. Now they're just better than us. Anything can happen.

# Trousers pedantry klaxon #

Since Hasenhuttl took over, we've amassed 24 points. In the same timeframe, Wolves have got 25 points. So, in terms of form over the last 4 months, we're pretty much equals at this moment in time.

Edited by trousers

Laughable to think they feel they can put 4,5 or 6 past us!

Most of those posts are pretty reasonable to be honest - only a handful of them (two by the same poster) predicting at least 4 goals for them. Most going for a close game and understandably backing their team to bounce back from the weekend.

Most of those posts are pretty reasonable to be honest - only a handful of them (two by the same poster) predicting at least 4 goals for them. Most going for a close game and understandably backing their team to bounce back from the weekend.

I love the imaginative forum names. Wolf this wolf that blah wolf.

Better back your team than our load of depressives predicting doom and gloom ad nauseam.

Must win or mustn't lose - what do you think Hasenhutl will be saying?

(I think the latter...a draw means Cardiff have to get points from at least three of their remaining six games (five if they lose against Burnley)...I think we'll set up to defend five at the back to attempt to stop their speedy attackers...0-0 or 1-1...obviously I'd rather we won)

Yup. We won’t win, as that will mean a calm end to the season, which we just don’t seem to do anymore. I’d take a draw.

Usual team I’d expect.

Gunn; Valery Yoshida Vestergaard Bednarek Bertrand; Romeu JWP Hojbjerg; Redmond Ings

Alternatively a 4-2-2-2

Gunn; Valery Bednarek Yoshida Bertrand; Hojbjerg Romeu; Redmond JWP; Ings Long?

Edited by Saint Garrett

# Trousers pedantry klaxon #

Since Hasenhuttl took over, we've amassed 24 points. In the same timeframe, Wolves have got 25 points. So, in terms of form over the last 4 months, we're pretty much equals at this moment in time.

What you mean is, despite our massive up turn in form, they are still better than is, and this will be a very tough game.

Yup. We won’t win, as that will mean a calm end to the season, which we just don’t seem to do anymore. I’d take a draw.

Usual team I’d expect.

Gunn; Valery Yoshida Vestergaard Bednarek Bertrand; Romeu JWP Hojbjerg; Redmond Ings

Alternatively a 4-2-2-2

Gunn; Valery Bednarek Yoshida Bertrand; Hojbjerg Romeu; Redmond JWP; Ings Long?

Agreed except I'd imagine if we went with the second formation the last four names would read JWP Armstrong; Redmond Ings

A win and it's basically done and dusted. Would all feel a bit easy, so we clearly won't win.

Not really, if Cardiff beat Burnley, they'd still be 5 points below us and they'd still have a very winnable next game. We could well need 9 more points to be sure.

I have a feeling that after today, the gap between us and Cardiff will either be 2 points or 8 points.

I have that same feeling. I wasn't nervous until about five minutes ago and for some reason, all of a sudden I'm genuinely frightened.