Liverpool fans in home seats

manina-pub

Kicked off a bit in block 40 row T... Two Liverpool fans clearly local to Southampton and couldn't keep their mouths shut got moved out for their own safety about 55mins in...

Then from what I could see when Salah scored.. trouble in Itchen corner?

There were a row of about 6 Liverpool fans in the kingsland, couldn't kepe their mouths shut when they scored. Almost kicked off, but didn't.

It's always the same in these games, littered with fans who can't get tickets in the away end because they don't come from Liverpool or Utd or London etc.

The trouble is any saints fans who put it on them will get a ban. Our club seem to be more than happy to fly trannie flags and let away fans in the home end but if anyone decides to put it on them it’s our fans who pay the consequence.

Personally I think I’d your an away fan in the home end and you make it obvious who you are the least you should expect is a foam hand slapped round your canister but our club seem to prefer to sell tickets to aways and ban fans who don’t like it. As a non binary human I pm going to claim they assumed my identity to get myself out of a hole should my emotions ever get carried away in that situation in future, not only will I avoid arrest I’ll probably be invited onto the saints fan on the board tops event as a victim.

Was a Liverpool fan a few rows behind me in block 42. Took a lot of grief in the first half, then start of the second got wacked by someone then flung out by the stewards. Stupid ****.

I hope it was a proper whack and not any handbags crap. Who are these dickheads either passing tickets on or buying them for others that aren't Saints? Happens every year in every Man Utd/Liverpool match, but do people never f**king learn?

"Hi I need a ticket for a mate, he can't go cos blah blah blah"

C**ts.

There was a man with a Liverpool scarf on full view, for the full game, the row behind me in Block 42, and everyone just seemed to turn a blind eye. At least he didn’t crack a smile, unlike a guy a couple of rows in front who went insane when Salah scored (and was then removed).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some aggro in the boxes in Itchen Blocks 1-3, though not as bad as in previous years. The stewards are a joke - jumping to the defense of Liverpool fans, claiming they spent lots of money, ignoring the fact that they’re effectively in the home end and many of us have been ST holders for years. Speaks volumes about the priorities of the club.

Some aggro in the boxes in Itchen Blocks 1-3, though not as bad as in previous years. The stewards are a joke - jumping to the defense of Liverpool fans, claiming they spent lots of money, ignoring the fact that they’re effectively in the home end and many of us have been ST holders for years. Speaks volumes about the priorities of the club.

With the players allowed to give away tickets to away fans then what hope do we have of the club/ stewards acting strongly to remove these fans. Targett should never be given tickets for a saints game again. Utter disgrace of a player.

I do find it difficult to see how away fans, when in the home end cannot keep quiet, I'd have to be really binned to be honest to start celebrating.

I have seen the Saints a number of times in the home end of other stadiums when I cannot get tickets myself, notably this season at Chelsea and Palace I was in home end with my friend, and even at the old Boleyn ground when we beat West Ham 3-1 (Pelle, Schneiderlin, Koeman in charge).

However, it does appear like I am making that assumption all away fans in home section are like that- I am sure for the most part it is fine - but for the ones who do get kicked out- I see it as stupidity.

A couple of blokes got kicked out the family stand after they equalised.

Not all tickets are passed on by Saints fans though. All you needed was a customer number to get a ticket and there must be loads of plastic big club fans with those who have been buying tickets over the years. Only way to stop it is to kick them out then delete their accounts.

I have sat in the home end at other grounds a few times and you just sit on your hands. I have not got a problem with people doing that but when they celebrate it infuriates, particularly when they are localised Liverpool or Manchester United fans who chose the easy option.

This.

Not Liverpool fans in the home seats, but it got pretty heated in the Kingsland concourse at half time when there was no general admission to the Gasworks bar, only hospitality with a wristband were allowed in with 8 or 9 stewards lined up to prevent the 100+ who regularly use it for a beer / outside access, quite a few were making their feelings know to the gang of stewards in no uncertain terms.

Far to many away fans in the Kingsland these days. Now the PA is sorted, this and the lack of wifi will be on my summer season ticket questionnaire return.

I want beer served the wrong way up like Tottenham. And better cheese selection

Speaking of away fans is it me are they smuggling in smoke bombs on a regular basis these days? another one was set off last night. No one ever seems to take an action when one goes off yet if it was in the home end stewards would be all over it and banning orders would no doubt swiftly follow.

Speaking of away fans is it me are they smuggling in smoke bombs on a regular basis these days? another one was set off last night. No one ever seems to take an action when one goes off yet if it was in the home end stewards would be all over it and banning orders would no doubt swiftly follow.

Yep. Our bunch of pathetic (and I mean REALLY pathetic) stewards and OB are a fookin embarrassment. More then happy to stand in the home end recording us for no reason but laugh away as soon as the victims get their flares out.

I do find it difficult to see how away fans, when in the home end cannot keep quiet, I'd have to be really binned to be honest to start celebrating.

I have seen the Saints a number of times in the home end of other stadiums when I cannot get tickets myself, notably this season at Chelsea and Palace I was in home end with my friend, and even at the old Boleyn ground when we beat West Ham 3-1 (Pelle, Schneiderlin, Koeman in charge).

However, it does appear like I am making that assumption all away fans in home section are like that- I am sure for the most part it is fine - but for the ones who do get kicked out- I see it as stupidity.

Indeed. I too have sat amongst the home fans and there is an etiquette that should be followed. I usually admit to my neighbours that I support their opposition and apologise in advance for any excited comments or gestures that I might make.

Remember the letter they wrote to ST holders in the Itchen North back in 2015?

Glad to hear that a few victims got a kick-in last night. If you go in the home end of any club and can’t keep it shut, then that’s what you deserve.

Although I am pleasantly surprised our mob didn’t welcome them in.

A couple of blokes got kicked out the family stand after they equalised.

Not all tickets are passed on by Saints fans though. All you needed was a customer number to get a ticket and there must be loads of plastic big club fans with those who have been buying tickets over the years. Only way to stop it is to kick them out then delete their accounts.

This should be a standard policy to trace the source of the tickets. That includes players who pass tickets to opposition supporters who can't keep a lid on it amongst home fans.

Far to many away fans in the Kingsland these days. Now the PA is sorted, this and the lack of wifi will be on my summer season ticket questionnaire return.

Agree on the other points but I reckon that the PA has been overly 'sorted' !

I thought that my eardrums were going to burst on Friday night !

Impossible to have any sort of conversation nowadays when the music is blaring out !

Kicked off a bit in block 40 row T... Two Liverpool fans clearly local to Southampton and couldn't keep their mouths shut got moved out for their own safety about 55mins in...

Then from what I could see when Salah scored.. trouble in Itchen corner?

I can never understand the logic of these fans that don't support their local team. I could have started supporting Liverpool at half time on Friday night and I'd have almost exactly the same claim to supporting them as they would.

The trouble is any saints fans who put it on them will get a ban. Our club seem to be more than happy to fly trannie flags and let away fans in the home end but if anyone decides to put it on them it’s our fans who pay the consequence.

Personally I think I’d your an away fan in the home end and you make it obvious who you are the least you should expect is a foam hand slapped round your canister but our club seem to prefer to sell tickets to aways and ban fans who don’t like it. As a non binary human I pm going to claim they assumed my identity to get myself out of a hole should my emotions ever get carried away in that situation in future, not only will I avoid arrest I’ll probably be invited onto the saints fan on the board tops event as a victim.

This needed saying. At the very least.

Liverpool fans in The Kingsland Stand due to the club using The Gasworks bar as hospitality at £250 a ticket.

My mate was in there and he reckons 75% of the people were Liverpool fans.

The price included a £45 seat in The Kingsland Stand, 3 course meal and free bar 2 hours before and at half time.

My mate had 5 bottles of Corona and a 3 course meal for £205. Bargain!!

Liverpool fans in The Kingsland Stand due to the club using The Gasworks bar as hospitality at £250 a ticket.

The price included a £45 seat in The Kingsland Stand, 3 course meal and free bar 2 hours before and at half time.

Is he some sort of lady boy?

Away fans in home areas happens at every game, obviously with the clubs with the largest fan base will have more. In contrast i was at Twickenham on Saturday for the Rugby Premier League Game between Bath and Bristol (local rivals), 62,000 fans absolutely no segregation and no trouble. The West Car park is one huge party with both sets of fans drinking together before and after the match. I await the middle class jibes from those who have never been to a first class rugby match. Both Bath and Bristol supporter base is founded in the working class of those cities, of Baths 9 Junior Clubs, 4 are State School Old Boys Clubs, 1 is all that is left of Baths biggest heavy industry company, Stothert and Pitt, 3 represent specific districts and the final one is a Public School Old Boys. The same is true of the many Bristol Junior Clubs. It is not that the people are different it is that the cultures of the two games produces a different mind set even in the same people. I love both games, and if i could only choose one to watch it would be football, but I would miss the friendliness and social aspects of big rugby games.

Away fans in home areas happens at every game, obviously with the clubs with the largest fan base will have more. In contrast i was at Twickenham on Saturday for the Rugby Premier League Game between Bath and Bristol (local rivals), 62,000 fans absolutely no segregation and no trouble. The West Car park is one huge party with both sets of fans drinking together before and after the match. I await the middle class jibes from those who have never been to a first class rugby match. Both Bath and Bristol supporter base is founded in the working class of those cities, of Baths 9 Junior Clubs, 4 are State School Old Boys Clubs, 1 is all that is left of Baths biggest heavy industry company, Stothert and Pitt, 3 represent specific districts and the final one is a Public School Old Boys. The same is true of the many Bristol Junior Clubs. It is not that the people are different it is that the cultures of the two games produces a different mind set even in the same people. I love both games, and if i could only choose one to watch it would be football, but I would miss the friendliness and social aspects of big rugby games.

The old boy who sat next to me at the Dell when to his first game in 1921. He said that some clubs fans would sometimes welcome you off the train. He said you get get scarfs with Pompey on one side and Saints on the other because a lot of supporters watched both when there team was away.

The old boy who sat next to me at the Dell when to his first game in 1921. He said that some clubs fans would sometimes welcome you off the train. He said you get get scarfs with Pompey on one side and Saints on the other because a lot of supporters watched both when there team was away.

Yes my father (96) remembers this well, football changed for the worse in the sixties.

5 bottles in two hours :lol::lol::lol: Thats pathetic even if paying your self. When its free, that is criminal !

People seem to have far less of a problem nowadays in pubs. Had a good chat with a scouser in pub before game and was complete gent.

Of course if he was in our end and celebrated a goal then many (and I totally get it) would want to see him get his head kicked in.

Edited by whelk