Racism In Football 2019

sadoldgit

Yes but not a surprise. How much worse does it have to be to get a proper penalty?

I don’t think anything would TBH, short of somebody actually running into the pitch and stabbing a black player.

The whole situation has a really warped sense of perspective. On the one hand people like Baker are losing their job because of something other people wrongly inferred, on the other hand UEFA stand around idle whilst dozens of balaclava wearing, white supremacist skinheads shout, "seig heil!" At Raheem Sterling.

I don’t think anything would TBH, short of somebody actually running into the pitch and stabbing a black player.

The whole situation has a really warped sense of perspective. On the one hand people like Baker are losing their job because of something other people wrongly inferred, on the other hand UEFA stand around idle whilst dozens of balaclava wearing, white supremacist skinheads shout, "seig heil!" At Raheem Sterling.

You're correct. There's a really odd phenomena from certain sections of society where there's a huge overreaction when certain individuals are deemed to have done something "racist" yet when something like this happens, according to some its not correct to criticise too harshly lest we sound hypocritical. I'm sorry but uefa need to get a grip, hundreds of people openly racially abusing a black player in a football stadium and they have to play a couple of games behind closed doors. We need to condemn and sanction these things in the strongest possible terms regardless of the location. Uefa had the chance to send a strong message and instead they've taken the soft approach again and it simply means that these idiots will do it again in the future.

Halloween tomorrow so will Jeff roll out his 'theatre makeup' and imitate one of his favourite black idols or will he go simple, pull on his pillow case and go as 'Caspar the friendly ghost'?

SO many choices but will it be left or right for Jeff?

_105493935_gettyimages-1092627616.jpg

Is he still doing that? I’ve told him about it but there’s only so much you can do

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Turkish said:

A man has been jailed for 6 weeks for calling Rashford a name on twitter Man, 19, jailed for racially abusing Marcus Rashford on Twitter | Crime | The Guardian

Yet when people get their house burgled or beaten up in the street police say they dont have enough resources to deal with it. 😕

It was probably easy dealing with this from the comfort of an office chair, they only had to log in to Twitter and read it.

Yeah, if burglars also put confessions up on social media there might be half a chance of a prosecution.

Thankfully we have an extra ten million officers on the beat now and shoplifting dropped significantly during lockdown so we are clearly on the right path.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

A man has been jailed for 6 weeks for calling Rashford a name on twitter Man, 19, jailed for racially abusing Marcus Rashford on Twitter | Crime | The Guardian

Yet when people get their house burgled or beaten up in the street police say they dont have enough resources to deal with it. 😕

Seem to have a bit of free time up north.

I said his account - look at his historic content, it's littered with mad shit.

He believes homosexuals, lesbians and trans are all paedophiles, plus a very slanted and selective view on rape - proper delusional extremist bollocks of the most dangerous kind. 

The Tweets of a fucking moron.

• 1 month later...

i see Troy Deeney has a new documentary calling for black history to be made compulsary in British schools. He complained that when he was at school all they were taugh about was slavery. His missus said that American schools are much better in teaching this, which i found strange given we are often told how behind and racist the US is. 

He also got asked how much racism he gets these days, 30-40 messages after a match but has conditioned himself not to notice it when he's on the pitch. Found that quite interesting as some players seem to be able to hear racism from one person in a crowd of 50000 from a long way away but Troy has conditioned himself not to hear it. I always liked Troy Deeney, always seemed like a decent bloke who had a tough upbring but has turned himself around to be a force for good,  so look forward to watching his documentry. 

Edited by Turkish